FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Mono server, separate spanish and english servers

By Raheru#4132 - MEMBER - September 17, 2022, 18:47:41
AnkaTracker

Please, I beg you devs, when you create the mono servers please make one of them for the spanish community and one for the english community.

The spanish Wakfu community outnumbers the english speaking community by a large amount, you guys probably have the % or numbers behind that. My guess is that it's something like 1 english player to 50 spanish players. The real drive behind a mono server is that the RPG aspect of MMORPG gets enhanced as you're the lone hero in this story; that requires a lot of communication between players.

The consequence of being jumbled together with spanish players will result in the same alienation of english speaking players; as you can currently see in Rubilax. At the end of the day it's your game, just thought I'd say this before the servers are made.

13 -14
First Ankama intervention

Hi guys!

We are aware of this feedback, we've noted them down. We would have to moderate this thread to avoid conflicts.

See message in context
Reactions 12
Score : 10

I disagree with you.
There are many spanish players who are able to communicate in english (and vice versa). The only thing that splitting both communities would generate is that we'd have more problems when it comes to finding people to play with.

If you want to avoid players who don't speak your language, just ignore them and that's it. 
As another suggestion/solution, I would impose that within the mono server, to implement multiple language channels so that people can choose whether they want to socialize with other cultures or just stick to their own native language.

9 -6
Score : 168

This topic has been adressed before and Ankama specifically stated (and indicated by their actions) that they like the way things are now.

English speakers only server is not new nor the best idea.
          Even if you separated the servers based  on your "1 english player to 50 spanish players" statistic, that would make the game even worse and potentially create  Pharies server 2.0! For those of you unfamiliar with the old Pharies Server just go to Trool Fair (not around Christmas) and notice how lively it is. That's how the Pharies server was before the big server merges and that's most likely how the new English mono server would be.

Having separate servers won't help much for groups.
           Separating the servers won't do much since so many English speakers being in the Meta. These players have been on and off Wakfu since it's inception. Have you ever found an English speaking guild with a majority of  ACTIVE players under lv.150 that wasn't brand new? How about lv.100?  So if you're a low level player it's still hard to do much dungeon content which is one reason why Ankama made 3-man dungeons. In fact before level 100 I spent a lot of time with my Spanish/Portugese speaking friends and good old Google translate.

Spanish speakers aren't the problem
          Ethan27 summed up nicely what I wanted to say. 

Mono server? Mono server!!!!

There was a forum discussion awhile back on this idea and the Wakfu English community was against it while the Spanish community was for it. (based on the forum interaction) Now Ankama might still pursue it but based on how small their Wakfu team is still after 10 years means it might be 2024 before that gets much attention. Anyways their are always people willing to help in the game so hopefully you meet them or join a guild.

1 -7
Score : 196

It was unofficially announced that they have plans for mono server next year during one of their twitch streams earlier this year.

4 0

Mono server is supposed to be a fresh start.
It would be wise for ankama to start with separate spanish/english servers since there will be a lot of players coming back and a lot of buzz (just look at dofus for example); they couldn't keep up with how many players they were getting

When things die down they can then analyze if keeping the english separate is good or not

Why offer the same experience with multi-hero server and mono-server?
It would be better if with mono server they would attempt to create an RP environment where communicating with other people wouldn't require google translate.

Wakfu is more than just running dungeons. The RP aspect of communicating with other people is what's missing badly in this game; and it's dead for the english community specially since everyone you run into can't even reply back to you.

Keep Rubilax as it is and add language channels there.
For mono server it would be great if anyone you meet in the open world can actually understand what you're saying.

It would also be productive if we got a breakdown on who disagrees with the separation or not. It feels like it's the spanish players who don't want the english players to move away from them. As opposed to english players who want to stay in the spanish server(s)

5 -1
Score : 11242

their existence enables me to play the game a lot more than their absence.

spanish players playing so actively and in such a large number has brought the marketboards back to life. community hubs now exist, even in english - i see lots of english speakers at the amakna marketboard. recruitment chat is actually active enough for me to have it on and look for groups, instead of people just using it to talk about random stuff. people are actively recruiting for dailies and i can join them if i want.

you guys forget, the english servers were dead. people only ever played with their closed friends and guilds. noone sold or bought anything. all the best gear was kept in closed communities unless you were going to pay truly insane amounts for it.

i genuinely think that you guys forget how bad our servers were. you want to have an active english community, but on our own english servers, we didn't even have that in the first place. you're acting like having rubilax but in english is a possibility when it never was. it didn't happen. it won't suddenly happen just by kicking out the spanish players.

if you can't be an active english speaking player now, what makes you think you're going to be one later? do it today. the spanish players don't outnumber us by that much, we just don't make any noise or talk to each other or play together. that's our fault, not theirs.

6 0

You're completely incorrect
https://steamcharts.com/app/215080

The Wakfu english servers, yes there was more than just 1, had an active and big community until the gradual exodus starting in 2015.

Judging by previous mono server releases in Dofus, an influx of new and old Wakfu players could create the same situation where you wouldn't need to rely on spanish players with whom you can't communicate with to fill up the market with items.

You'd instead have an english community with whom you can communicate with, interact in the politics, environment, guild, and RP system.

Why do you think the french players have their own server? Because they understand the importance of RP play and interaction between multiple guilds who can communicate with each other. These aspects are dead in Rubilax for english players.

Keep rubilax how it is. But at the very least for the start of the mono server(s) have 1 english north america/uk only server. If they want to split it into 1 english 1 spanish and 1 international I think that would do the job. That did the job very well when Wakfu was popular.

Mono server is supposed to make Wakfu popular again; bring back the old language separation by server for mono servers. Keep rubilax how it is.

5 -2
Score : 3732

I disagree with some of the comments here. On the international server Remington, where most English is used, there was a good economy and an active Kelba market.
T1gerator#5946 why didn't you say that with the arrival of the Spanish players  Kelba market collapsed and everyone began to use the national market? Hmmm?
Remington had a very good economy and the kama rate adjusted to it when dealing with server merging.
Many English speaking players from Remington have started to play less due to pressure from the Spanish community with group or global chats (search group/trade).
Google translator is not ideal, and requires you to at least minimize the game, and also drive in someone else's text, which takes a lot of time. In a real fight, you don't have enough time to translate frequently using Google.
Language chats should be integrated into the game a long time ago. I support the author of the topic that nothing prevents Ankama from opening two or even three (for the French community) monoservers, and then merge them later if it is really necessary.
The Spanish community is just as closed and elitist for players who speak English. Therefore, I would not say that with their arrival the situation has improved. The market initially exploded because many players from other servers got a kama multiplier and put that money into trading. Now the market is in deep crisis. Including shards.

6 -1
Score : 191

this is the dumbest take ive ever read wakfu wise holy

2 -2
Score : 100

Judging by previous mono server releases in Dofus, an influx of new and old Wakfu players could create the same situation where you wouldn't need to rely on spanish players with whom you can't communicate with to fill up the market with items.

Why do you think the french players have their own server? Because they understand the importance of RP play and interaction between multiple guilds who can communicate with each other. These aspects are dead in Rubilax for english players.

on dofus the mono acc server(ilyz) is for everyone wtf is this dude talking about
2 -1

I didn't state otherwise.

0 0

Hi guys!

We are aware of this feedback, we've noted them down. We would have to moderate this thread to avoid conflicts.