FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Where is everyone?

By Shenbatu#2826 - MEMBER - December 18, 2021, 07:46:47

I am just curious how many English speaking players still play on Rubilax. The server seems to have reached a tipping point of sorts and very quickly became a Spanish-speaking server. I am just curious how active players from Phaeris, Nox, and Remington are in this server. I have heard rumors that basically all players from Remington are no longer active. Is this true?

11 -1
Reactions 32
Score : 9522

Quite sure there are still a fair amount of remington players in game.

Prior to merge most of the active remi players where on the mid-end game tier and often played with their own tight knit groups of friends, or alone most of the time to be bothered with.

The en community now, is pretty much underground, doing their own things in their own time.
That's what I can observer from the activities and engagements in the en community servers atlest.

1 -1
Score : 12582

Hi!
at least seven of my English-speaking friends do not play because their messages in English are lost. from other English-speaking communities, too, a decrease, for example, Reg does not play, although for other reasons (Xelor revamp cut a lot of players, but I see that now people are interested in this class and new Xelor players are appearing).
the English-speaking community is in crisis and Ankama doesn't care. Ankama plays on Pandora, where they all speak the same language.
Dofus has language chats, even for Russians, and no problems for moderation. Language chats work like global ones, but they can only be seen by those who have chosen this language chat.
I often see players from the Spanish community posting off-topic (in trading or recruiting). so it would be great if language chats appeared in Wakfu, and the current global ones were removed or more strict rules for moderation were established.

12 -6
Score : 914

i guess playing other games ....this last years was a total punishment against progression on benefit for very few players that was bored of the same auto-pilot techniques with feca , xelor , fogger adding to the cake of horror a big cherry with a non-spected server like elbor that was as big as remmington itself  ... balancing servers was a fail on the very purpose of a balancing concept , you cant think merging 2 dead servers of english speakers  and a major international server (from many countries that respected others and moderate the server on a big english speaker server) can be balance with a complete major server that is spanish speaker, before the merge really no one on remmington  was able to aticipate such impact , mostly because we all thought elbor was as phaeris or nox : dead - server ...but again all this Ankama was aware and they didnt care at all .

at this point is more fair to merge all servers into a big one with pandora and rubilax .so at least we all on the same horror ship to the darkness.

Merge would be better if was Nox,Remmington , Phaeris as an international server alone   and other server for elbor/efrim ... is lame Ankama dont  say anything on this ...also lame relevant players dont say a word on this but are not playing anyways .

7 -2
Score : 310

In about 12 hours of playtime in Astrub and that one other town that starts with an A,(Amanka or somethin like that), I've seen 2 English messages aside from my own. This is while I've actively been trying to talk to people and find parties. 

I would completely understand it if most of the English community left, and newer English-speaking players don't stick around because of this.
There are simple QoL changes that could be made that could make a world of a difference. I don't understand why the devs are leaving communications in this state.

5 0
Score : -1349

I do use private chat, and come to general chat only when I do need to buy something or ask/find (I believe many other do same). 

Those chats are not dedicated for chatting or something, they have purpose for what you use it. For me there are no problems at all, what language they speak.

And when you play game, it's hard to play and chat at same time, - not in wakfu. Your turns are on time, you need to watch where you step what you doing (planning).

What you expect ? People talk whatever they want in public chat (like they do in private, just in world chat)?

But of course one point... Remington was good server, it was better before merge in my eyes.

2 -2
Score : 2134

Actually there are lots of underground en speaking players that just do not bother to chat in the public since.. well.. what's the use? XD

I used to be in a guild that have 3-4 players online most of the time after the merge, and we usually just chat within a guild / party. 

Look around, there's plenty of guilds that are english based, but they just don't  talk much on general chat due to the domination of Spanish peakers

2 -1
Score : 1093

they dont need to search for party dude.. a lot of wakfu players used 2 accounts so they have 6 man team. so they dont need other players to do things.. if u want survive in wakfu (absolutely for new players), collect kamas > trade to (or buy) OG > and make ur own 6 man team. so u dont need to search for party..

1 -3
Score : 668

Both my sister and I are active though she spends hours on per day whereas I'm stuck at the TV station or doing remote work most of the time these days. We've both felt swamped by Spanish messaging. It makes it very frustrting to team with players whose comments or directions we can't understand. In the end, to simplify things a bit, we ended up muting General, Trade and Recruitment. The latter two because of off-topic comments in general.

2 0
Score : -12

I dont speak in general I'm usually doing stuff on my own us english speakers are rare

0 -1
Score : 1015

English speakers are indeed very rare, cant really recruit members to a Guild because these few lvl 10 guilds with 200~ members are hoarding all of them biggrin
Its sure easy to hoard all the players when your guild has 200+ level players who power level and help in dungeons etc.
But what I dislike most is the arrogance of the non-english speaking people. They behave like complete duck holes most of the time, wont really bother responding to questions or help in any way.
These non-english speakers should be elsewhere, they just make the gameplay worse if you have them around biggrin

1 -2
Score : 6867

I have seen a lot of arogant jerks in both comunities, but I wouldn't really call not responding to questions arrogant, maybe they just don't know enough english to answer (or don't know what something is called in english). I have even played with a lot of spanish players who knew some english and actively tried to comunicate.

The only people I have a problem with are those that don't know how to speak english and use that as an excuse to be rude to people, because how dare we learn one of the most popular languages in the world insead of spanish.

1 0
Score : 1864

My brother and I are both strictly English-speaking and belong to  primarily English-speaking guild. I do agree that virtually 95%+ of the comment I hear in the game are in Spanish, but that may be due to that group being more verbose. It does get distracting at times.

4 0
Score : 1410

I quit the game, still come on the webpage to chat on forums and see new updates, but in terms of playing the game, i stopped. I stopped because ive given this game many chances for myself to enjoy, but ive stopped enjoying the changes and the direction this game was heading.

Mainly tired of reaching 200 maxing my gear, spending all my money on slotting and sublimating, then they raised the level 215 with new gear, which basically made all the money and time i spent on maxing my 200 gear, feel wasted, i didnt feel good as a player after that happened, i tried again to give it another chance and worked on maxing my 215 gear, spent a lot of money and time getting new epics and relics and enchanting those , and they did it again, they released 230. If i knew they were going to release 230 why would I have spent MILLIONS of kama maxing my 215 gear? I would have just skipped 215 and worked on 230. So if this is the direction of wakfu, i think im exhausted of them constantly moving the goal post. I feel like all my progress and time has been wasted every time they do that. I want to play a game that values my time and rewards me as a player for being loyal, committed and dedicated, not punished for all the time and effort i put into my end game.

I really liked ideas about OMEGA level like Dofus, where they increase the omega level of the player without increasing the actual level of the player. Or other ideas from other games, when new content comes out with higher requirements, you can transport your old gear sublimations and slots into newer gear that they receive from newer content, that would be less punishing for advancing.  Having sublimations only available if you have the right colors and order???... thats a bad expereince,  to get the right order or number of slots, you have to sacrifice a double of the same gear... bad experience... you know how hard it is to gain relics and epics? imagine you getting one and it has 1 slot, if you want more slots you have to drop another epic or relic to sacrifice to get more slots, because of how hard this is, the market price of these items are insane 40 -100 million kamas!!! PER ITEM!!! imagine spending like 300million kamas, or spending years getting all the items maxed and they say "oh new gear and new content... goodluck."  thats not a good experience, we as gamers play games to relax, this is just disrespectful at this point.

thats why i left, im sure thats why a lot of players left, they dont want to waste their time on a game that doesnt respect their time.

11 0
Score : 4001

Simple, they all went to play better games managed by better teams.

Go ahead, delete my post or ban me for giving honest feedback. I'm too old to give a shit. Wakfu is just the latest in a long line of ambitious and promising premises that I allowed myself to become enamored by, only for corporate decisions and mismanagement to see a once beloved concept be carved down into a homogenous, uninspired, and tedious experience. No amount of interesting, aesthetically pleasing, and charming world environments can make up for abysmal gameplay design or the dumbing down of previously engaging gameplay design.

11 -1
Score : 2220

I know a lot of players wanted new content, and a lot of players didnt care about level increase, but a lot of end game players did care. the players that are most affected by level changes are end game players. Sure new content is for endgame players which gives them a lot of new dungeons and gear to grind, but not when new content basically wipes everything you worked for. You can't even sell old gear on the market after an update like that. if you owned a fully maxed gear but its level 215, and you payed 50million for it, how much do you think you're going to get for it once 230 releases? No ones going to pay 50 million for a 215 item when they can put it towards 230 items, its only 15 levels away. The value of you 50 million gear turned to trash!

Let me explain.

No one would care if Ankama kept increasing the level to 9000 and if you had to continue to grind new level gear. the problem is when slotting, scrolling/enchanting/sublimating your gear. getting gear is already a challenge, dropping relics and epics is a challenge. Having to craft legendary items is a challenge, you have to harvest all the materials, some materials you can only get from mobs that spawn at a certain time, you might be waiting 8 hours and nothing spawns, thats a challenge. 
After all those challenges to get new gear, I would have no problem doing that all over again for stronger gear, but when I start sublimating and slotting, and I have to gather those materials to craft another gear or drop another relic or epic just to add slots, and I have to do that like 10 times for 1 item, and I have to find and drop a scroll and I have to get increasingly higher and higher level scrolls, then you release 215, 230 245, 260... this isnt an mmorpg where you get to fight cool monsters all day, this is a farming/crafting game, its exhausting!!!! thats why you see people just hanging around chatting and not actually playing the game.

sure, people can play how they want, but if you check the player count of wakfu, it went down more than 50%, i think that means something not right. i dont really care how people play this game or what they change in the game cuz i play other games, this isnt my main game anymore.

steam stats

3 0
Score : 6867

And are those players any less valid in playing that way, if they are having fun?
I think an MMO is fun exactly because there are many ways to enjoy it.
And in the end, while having great gear mingt not be the biggest advantage when the cap is raised, at least you had fun obtaining it and being the best while it lasted, before you got bored of it.

1 -4
Score : 1054

BubbleTzzz#4871|2022-02-19 03:40:14
I quit the game, still come on the webpage to chat on forums and see new updates, but in terms of playing the game, i stopped. I stopped because ive given this game many chances for myself to enjoy, but ive stopped enjoying the changes and the direction this game was heading.

Mainly tired of reaching 200 maxing my gear, spending all my money on slotting and sublimating, then they raised the level 215 with new gear, which basically made all the money and time i spent on maxing my 200 gear, feel wasted, i didnt feel good as a player after that happened, i tried again to give it another chance and worked on maxing my 215 gear, spent a lot of money and time getting new epics and relics and enchanting those , and they did it again, they released 230. If i knew they were going to release 230 why would I have spent MILLIONS of kama maxing my 215 gear? I would have just skipped 215 and worked on 230. So if this is the direction of wakfu, i think im exhausted of them constantly moving the goal post. I feel like all my progress and time has been wasted every time they do that. I want to play a game that values my time and rewards me as a player for being loyal, committed and dedicated, not punished for all the time and effort i put into my end game.

I really liked ideas about OMEGA level like Dofus, where they increase the omega level of the player without increasing the actual level of the player. Or other ideas from other games, when new content comes out with higher requirements, you can transport your old gear sublimations and slots into newer gear that they receive from newer content, that would be less punishing for advancing.  Having sublimations only available if you have the right colors and order???... thats a bad expereince,  to get the right order or number of slots, you have to sacrifice a double of the same gear... bad experience... you know how hard it is to gain relics and epics? imagine you getting one and it has 1 slot, if you want more slots you have to drop another epic or relic to sacrifice to get more slots, because of how hard this is, the market price of these items are insane 40 -100 million kamas!!! PER ITEM!!! imagine spending like 300million kamas, or spending years getting all the items maxed and they say "oh new gear and new content... goodluck."  thats not a good experience, we as gamers play games to relax, this is just disrespectful at this point.

thats why i left, im sure thats why a lot of players left, they dont want to waste their time on a game that doesnt respect their time.

Exactly. 

I left when they increased the level cap to 215 and added RNG. I loved the game, played beta, paid for the game, watched it becoming subscription-based, etc...

They do not care about the players. It's disrespectful.
1 0
Score : -176

Actually, I think english players are still present and in bigger quantities than what we would expect, but as the previous posts said, underground, hidden under the mass of spanish speaking mess (from our point of view, as we don't understand spanish) that is the server right now.
Trying to get into an english guild and/or joining an english discord server definitely helps with getting in touch with our part part of the community, and it's something I'd definitely recommend.

2 -3
Score : 2036

Everyone is waiting for the release of Waven.

0 -2
Score : -176

Uuh define "everyone"

3 0
Score : 41

First of all, I'm a native Spanish speaker, but I have a little knowledge about english language. I'm playing in Rubilax server where are portuguese speakers too (fortunately, Spanish speakers can understand them), and I can relate the most of the messages in the chats are written in spanish.

Even you see that amount of spanish messages, I think we actually do that for a comfort reason, there are so many people that speak english too, It's funny when I speak english with another player then pass 5 minutes and I discover he speaks spanish.

But I completely understand the english speaker comunity, I know you spend the double of time trying to find people that speaks english fluently to do dungs, quests, guild or simply comunicate. Ankama should think about this problem.

BubbleTzzz#4871|2022-02-19 03:40:14
  thats not a good experience, we as gamers play games to relax, this is just disrespectful at this point.

I think this part of the comment is underrated. I agree completely with this message, but this part it's remarkable. And I think this is one of the reasons why a lot of new and old people leave, the sublimation system has done a lot of damage. I have felt frustrated so many times. You spend time, money, you destroyed 2 items that left you without kamas, and you still don't have the slots that you wanted!

2 -2
Score : 781

Totally agree.

Sublimation is a huge problem.

0 0
Respond to this thread