FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Item value after Ankama decisions

By ApmasTo#9964 - MEMBER - April 22, 2021, 18:02:31
AnkaTracker

Hello, it seems to me that Wakfu ship is sinking, as there are many actions that other games use before they finally close.

Ankama started to return "all (many)" items from the past, there was a point to buy one before it will gone for ever, people do buy stuff for that reason (I would understand to return certain items due to very low quanity of them, but lol to return everything, - it does destroy game economy). Now all stuff gonna be unworthy for players (all costumes I have can be trashed now, I got Like all of them, most...), costume that has had price of 8m, later will cost 2m or even cheaper (and only way to get any profit of it will be to buy 10 of them from Ankama). I feel bad having so much investment into costumes as they soon will be worth nothing at all. Ankama does "force" players to buy items from them, not a players trough game, - this ruin economy every day. The only items that will have value will be sublimations ?

Who cares about economy ? Just profit, the best way we can, this ship will sink soon (just getting last we can from it).

This won't ever happen again... Oh I see item at market, I will buy it for later, as you can rarely see one, it's good investment.
Now: Oh I see item at market, who cares, after few months I get it nearly for free, as people soon start to drop them.

Many new players (a lot of them) tries to adapt to game trough buying stuff from shop and sell them for kamas, and guess what they are worth nothing biggrin And they do buy again and again till they give up.

There are only few ways in wakfu to earn kamas, best of course is buying conversion stones (win to company), play all day long to drop sublimation, gather materials (oh nobody needs them), maybe those used to craft sublimation pouch. Did I mentioned pets ? I drop them not even bother to sell.

All those methods lead to: only real way to adapt to this game is buying conversion stones and subscription (yes, if you want items those have some value you need it). Nobody cares, what and how things affect players, only how good sales goes. 

I have made like a billion of kamas during my play time, and I can tell you that new players can't do anything at all in this game. The only way for them to start, is buying stuff from web-shop and sell it for kamas, they do that in big amounts (that led those items worth nothing now).

Wakfu is very specific game absolutely made to donate if you want to play, - the difficulty are set for that. Give you hard hard feelings, and then offers anti-dote (cost only this and that).

2 -23
First Ankama intervention

Hi ApmasTo,

Bringing back items offered before is part of our revamp of the WAKFU Shop. We want to improve its offerings and not because the boat is sinking. In fact, we are smoothly sailing to our next update.

As we've mentioned in the devblog, Our main goals are as follows:

• Lower the price of certain items for most players;
  • Offer the same items for all communities;
  • Gradually reintroduce items that were no longer accessible;
  • Update packs containing obsolete or less interesting items;
  • Remove items that the community no longer seems interested in.

As for the value of the item in the player economy, we don't have a hand in it. The market moves on its own depending on the supply and demand of the items.

Ultimately, it is really up to your preferences, and we are here to give you options. As they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

[Flatops]
See message in context
Reactions 16
Score : 3429

Come on. It's not like this is unusual for games. In almost every online game you can pay big bucks to have exclusive stuff from day one, or you can get it a year later for cheap, but then almost everyone else has it. Whales pay for the exclusivity of being one of the few people who has it early, and then later on everyone gets it.

Buy something if you like how it looks, not because you think it will have speculative kama value in the future. The in-game economy shouldn't be based on cosmetics anyway. If the in-game price of a costume I bought goes from 8m to 2m I couldn't care less because I bought the costume to wear, not to sell. In my opinion all these cosmetics should be account linked on purchase anyway. 

7 -1
Score : -855

It was a lie, exclusive items now are returning, those who have bought them are trolled.

Soul bound and linked items it's all are made to increase sales (behind words telling you that it's for your safety). There nothing good to have soulbound item (yeah wow is good teacher, once it was best at mmorpg subscription sales). Having two same items one you can trade and another you can't ? Which one you would pick ? of course linked one (congratulations they got you) biggrin

1 -12
Score : 2460

it's your fault not theirs

5 -1
Score : 10065

ApmasTo|2021-04-22 18:52:33
It was a lie, exclusive items now are returning, those who have bought them are trolled.

Soul bound and linked items it's all are made to increase sales (behind words telling you that it's for your safety). There nothing good to have soulbound item (yeah wow is good teacher, once it was best at mmorpg subscription sales). Having two same items one you can trade and another you can't ? Which one you would pick ? of course linked one (congratulations they got you) biggrin

Can you show us, please, a thread of a Sale (of the items that have returned) where it was explicitely stated that the item was never going to come back in the future?
4 0
Score : 8105

Bluhen is on point in this matter.
There was never any mention of items being 'exclusive' on the ones which have returned to the store, The only exclusive cosmetic items I can think of are from the S3 wakfunding event + That nox costume. (There is a possibility that there are more in the category,  and any item which return to the shop does not fall into that.) Even the Wakfu S4 funding items are not marked exclusive.
And I'm quite sure they will come to shop too after a while.

Mishna also pointed out it fairly well.
"Buy something if you like how it looks, not because you think it will have speculative kama value in the future. The in-game economy shouldn't be based on cosmetics anyway. If the in-game price of a costume I bought goes from 8m to 2m I couldn't care less because I bought the costume to wear, not to sell. In my opinion all these cosmetics should be account linked on purchase anyway. "
Couldn't have said it better.

1 0
Score : 4307

I mean there was even the whole ogrest costume debacle a while ago where one of the translators misstranslated that a costume would be exclusive when it wasn't and even tho it was just a misstranslation they refunded it to everyone that bought it and let them keep the costume.

1 -1

Hi ApmasTo,

Bringing back items offered before is part of our revamp of the WAKFU Shop. We want to improve its offerings and not because the boat is sinking. In fact, we are smoothly sailing to our next update.

As we've mentioned in the devblog, Our main goals are as follows:

• Lower the price of certain items for most players;
  • Offer the same items for all communities;
  • Gradually reintroduce items that were no longer accessible;
  • Update packs containing obsolete or less interesting items;
  • Remove items that the community no longer seems interested in.

As for the value of the item in the player economy, we don't have a hand in it. The market moves on its own depending on the supply and demand of the items.

Ultimately, it is really up to your preferences, and we are here to give you options. As they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

[Flatops]
Score : 13067

I feel wakfu needs to make minting kamas using ores easier. Spending money at the shop to sell for kamas is basically pay to win.

0 -2

I mean tehnically you are just paying other players to mine kamas for you, that's basically the point of conversion stones

0 -1
Score : 723

Personally, am down with opinion that price monopoly or perceived superiority on any product conceived by imagination, manifested at that by simple pixels is faulty.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if everybody could get a chance to get those darn, trivial pixels they hold dear, in a game they support, devote their time, heart and will at, all that is holy prolly, it's only a win win situation for both the consumer and the company.
Variety and taste would balance out demand and fabricated rarity and prestige.
All produced graphical assets should be readily available to anyone in any given time, it's what they where intended for anyway in most basic perception, to be seen, used and enjoyed, not some far fetched fantasy with a kidney paywall behind it.
It's also logically best choice from commercial aspect and monetary gain for the game without sending out scam vibes.
Fair, straight to the point and professional without economic calculations.
Calculations are easily recognizable and mostly detested by fair folks. 

0 -1
Score : 718

Personally I don't really care, this game is not very inviting to new players and free players. I personally have simply dropped my interest towards the game because I have to play alone: you can't do anything at higher lvls alone. Everything is so difficult to kill. Can't farm gear because you can't kill mobs.
"level professions" you say, well no. I am in no way interested in professions, even leveling the trapper annoyed me to hell and back. I just wanted to fight against mobs, explore the grounds and do my own thing.

Leveling is slow if you don't pay.
Gearing is slow if you don't pay.
You just simply have to pay to play if you want to have a good time.

Don't get me even started on the 5 character lock per account. . . Forced to use money in order to unlock new slot(s). No thank you, being a poor POS like I am there is just simply no way to pay all this.

3 -2

Well for the 5 character limit, you can just make another account, if you dont use a booster it really dosn't matter

1 -3
Score : 1772

[Ankama]WAKFU|2021-04-23 10:23:37

(...) We want to improve its offerings and not because the boat is sinking. In fact, we are smoothly sailing to our next update. (...)

Ankama has been getting really eloquent lately and I love it xD
5 0
Score : 1446

I am all for constructive criticism but I feel these types of posts are not conductive to a positive change to the game. 

1 -1
Respond to this thread