FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Lack of Arch Mobs

By Sqlot - MEMBER - October 29, 2020, 01:46:12

I don't want to come off as complainy but without exaggeration, I don't think I've seen an arch mob in any of the nations since the server merge happened. Am I just getting super unlucky or has anyone else noticed the same? Playing on Rubilax btw.

11 -1
Reactions 12
Score : 140

I rarely see them now.  And if I do, someone is fighting them XD

1 0
Score : 5570

Only 3 existence per zone for all players? That is ridiculous insane for wait 3 hours and others snatch to fight it... Possible hope it get serious notice when Ecosystem revamp to fix. 

2 0
Score : 1862

I think this may be an exaggeration. Archmonsters are meant to be up for competition, and I can say that while I often don't find them on maps at one time, depending on the time of day, I can come back and eventually find them. At the very least, assuming a one week time limit for Ruel's bounty, I can absolutely find an Archmonster I'm searching for before the week is up, even if I have to check back at various times.

All in all, I would say from my own personal experience, it feels like a good balance of scarce without being impossible. I think it should be remembered that the monster shouldn't always just be there whenever you decide to look for it, guaranteed. That defeats the purpose, I think. I'd encourage you to keep looking regularly, and I think you will find that the Archmonsters are indeed available, even if they are harder to find now. It feels like MVP hunting back on packed Ragnarok Online servers.

I'm not saying that it's easy, and I can understand your frustrations, but I'm certain that if you put your mind to it and scour the maps regularly, you'll be able to find them. An hour before the server went down for maintenance, in fact, I found Scaramel the Melty and The White Lady back to back. I only hunt Archmonsters for Ruel's bounty or for their drops if a guildie is after a particular piece of gear, but otherwise I leave them alone. Today alone, I saw Scaramel the Melty, The White Lady, Kokoblong the Vertical, Issnotmee the Innocent, Sebastian Cwabtellanous, and a handful more. Only two of which I killed, but I definitely saw them roaming around at various times today with no one attacking them.

3 -4

Not, you not understand what Archmob not only for quest, it also matter for craftings too, example like Rack Istley and Fhenris the Lone Boohemoth loot table, you needs their gears for other craft, even which not guarantee to drop one as you manage to hit one. After merge it is complicated to set a standard time for all, so dependency on less population hours to attempt luck get one is not a solution! And plus+++ mostly those Epic solely drop from Archmobs you know?

2 0
Score : 192

i've got plenty, specially in brakmar and bonta. its a question about timing and dedication. but i do get your point here.

1 -1

Furthermore, there is quest related Archmob like Gray XIII which needed for Kel'Dwa quest, which barely possible to seek it nowadays :[

1 0
Score : 213

Probably just getting cucked b/c of work then. <_

0 0
Score : 1862

And now I wait for the inevitable downvotes.
0 -6

Well, I not going argue with you or really need pursue you to understand, like who else bother fight Gobpuddlet the Hairy if same level range Kraken has better an Epic loot? Or compare to Mulligan the Discarded for Mahgik Trichnee the Magician, of course the later will be priority. If compare apple to orange, why exist lemon there? The downvote exist mean someone disagree with your current statement. Sure, you can flood downvote me if you disagree. 

4 0
Score : 4930

DamienFireheart|2020-10-31 13:43:23

And now I wait for the inevitable downvotes.

That archmob is worthless. Even if there were 3 of them in the exact same area, I wouldn't waste my time killing them simply because they drop crap, unless I have no choice. Completely worthless archmob.

JSky has some very good points in this thread unfortunately. If I spend the time and dedication to check for a particular archmob at 5 different timings a day, let's say Roonaldo the Returner for example, I would expect to find at least 1 or 2 for taking the effort to check. But nope, most of the time I find 0. Not a single one of them. And no, please don't camp in the location for 2-3 hours until one spawns and then take a screenshot. That isn't an option for most players unfortunately.

And let's say in best case scenario you were lucky enough to happen to find one, the chances of dropping what you need is already low (0.4% chance or something?). If you multiply the probabilities of you even successfully finding the archmob in the first place with the probability of the epic dropping, you will find that the "true drop rate" is abysmally low.

This makes certain epics, equips, or items that are specifically linked to archmob drops exponentially difficult to obtain. They are supposed to be rare, yes, but not rare to this extent

I truly hope developers will be willing to revise the archmonster spawn rates sometime for after-server-merge.
9 -1

Oh my God, you elaborate more deep and details way, thumb up for you~ Thanks for the understanding too. The rule of 3 archmobs per zone that need 3 hours to spawn really no longer fit for entire community indeed. 

1 0
Score : 3385

i think the spawn rate should be reduced a bit or make spawn multiple arches 

0 0
Respond to this thread