FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Favourite Monster Family Designs

By VoidSettler - MEMBER - June 17, 2020, 13:20:22

Hello there,

As a lightweight little thread, I was wondering what people's favourite monster families are within Wakfu, mostly based on their aesthethic design (Though their combat mechanics might obviously play a part in this as well).

I'll go for a top 3.. and I'll also throw in a least favourite (And honoustly found it hard to pick one)

01) Monk Family
My personal favourite! From their sounds to their (crippled) movements, their attacks and even their near-death animtions, these guys are an absolute delight to fight. Everytime I introduce people to Wakfu, I make it a habbit to at least have them introduced to the monks before they leave.

02) Whisperers
Their entire theme is wonderfully thematic, reminiscent of militaristic ants perhaps, with the added theme to *whisper* Cracklers to do their bidding. I absolutely love that they turned the poor golems into mobile fortresses.

03) Kokoko
I can't help but find the idea of murderous palmtrees very creative and enjoyable. Not sure if they still have the animations on them these days where they keep getting sliced up to smaller size constantly though, but that was an amazing little detail.

The No: White Wabbits
Mostly a case of pure redundancy. We have 4 wabbit families, of which the White Wabbits are the vanilla flavoured ones without much personality to them. Perhaps one day they could have some more personality injected into them.

2 0
Reactions 14
Score : 4921

Ermmm, how can no mention about the classic tofu, gobball and bow meow xD

0 0
Score : 6284

Neat, and obviously iconic, but not part of my own top picks. wink
Gobballs might have gotten close though - I love how the world of 12 kind of evolved around their existance as being multifunctional in usage.

0 0
Score : 17325

The Purries win in animation terms (just look at those tiny legs when walking around).

As for design, possibly the boowolves and recycled boohemoths. The puppy because it is hella cute, the derpy one for the same in its own way, and the boowolfine/boohemoon because of two reasons. tongue

0 0
Score : 4393

Fun~
1.) Whirlies (OLD)- They're cute and they were fun for map manipulation. Just the babies. When we could summon multiple summons based around our level. Summoning four of those mascots and just pushing and pulling enemies around across the map was fun wub
2.) Crobaks- just from a throwback to their old tornado mechanics that have long since been patched out. Being the eye of the storm was a funtime. Never gonna forget the good times of using the tornado shield.
3.) Chafers (All families)- fun little slaves with fun mechanics from summoning friendos to becoming legs.
4.) Moogers/BliBli (and brrbli's)- the two(ish) families who constantly stare at you with their third eye

0 0
Score : 2458

01) Monk Family
My personal favourite! From their sounds to their (crippled) movements, their attacks and even their near-death animtions, these guys are an absolute delight to fight. Everytime I introduce people to Wakfu, I make it a habbit to at least have them introduced to the monks before they leave.

Another vote for the dirty old men... (I should, I greatly resemble a felonious monk IRL myself - walker and all! )   laugh 
0 0
Score : -348

For me it's easier to say monster families I don't like.

Cwabs, Dark hurls (pirates), btw pirates those dig treasures in calamar lags game a lot, when there are whole lot of them. Kokos a bit childish(Dominant koko is real bad ass(love it). Krala dungeon monsters and Sharks from Selachii are too cartoon and childish.  

0 -1
Score : 975

gobball, because only gobball can make-love in da game, ever

0 0
Score : 4921

Well, the Tofu family can too...

0 0
Score : -348

And you attack Cats, tofus and gobbals what a dirty hands... Astrubians are burn in hell.

1 0
Score : 89

Selachiis are pretty badass xD

0 0
Score : 2458

Keli-Liesin|2020-06-25 06:53:59
gobball, because only gobball can make-love in da game, ever

You aren't very observant...  tongue      Many other critter species are "doin it" in the game!  laugh
0 0
Score : 1455

I love the old stritches. They lost their heads with blood spitting out of the neck when at low hp, which was a very welcome change compared to the rest of the game biggrin

1 -1
Score : 34

I like Crobaks the most especially the fat ones.

1 0
Respond to this thread