FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Question about dmg and masteries

By ne7 - MEMBER - May 28, 2020, 08:47:41

So uh, it's been a few weeks since i came back to the game from 4 to 5 years brake and uuugghh...Is single target mastery and distance mastery and such do add damage in % or in sheer number? So what is better to have, like, 5 elemental mastery or meele\distance mastery (dependant on class ofc). Pardon mi inglish and asking question that might've been asked for a hundred times alrdy.

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : -347

Single target or distance mastery is same as elemental mastery that works(added) only if you meet requirements for it (distance - stay at distance. Here it's 3 cells from monster it can be not only in straight line).

Welcome to wakfu, it's really great game.

1 0
Score : 207

All damage types work in a very simple way. 1 point of Single Target = 1% more damage for those spells, this rules applies to all of them. Elemental Mastery basically means you get more damage for all elements and all types of spells, but since you can get only 5 points per time it is wiser to invest in the other damage types when building your character. Healing mastery works the same way, however, the other damage types also apply to healing spells if they meet that condition, such as being single target for Single Target.

0 0
Score : 36879

Elemental mastery and specialized masteries are exactly the same damage wise the big exception being that damage sources for example: gear, pets, statistics give more specialized mastery than elemental in a lot of cases.

The top one is a single target spell the bottom one is an aoe spell.

Melee allows for 1 cell between you and the target ranged is anything more than that

2 0
Score : 3917

Since classes have spells of all kinds, Area, Single, Distance, Melee, mixed in a bunch of elements, ranges and effects, chosing what you will specialize on, Distance, Melee, Area, etc, makes it easier to use a variety of elements (often part of a very rewarding combo). These masteries apply the number to your elemental mastery if conditions are met. basicaly, you got 50 melee mastery, means any spell used in melee range will have +50 mastery of it's corresponding element.

0 0
Score : 234

Well, I have my doubts too, so better to add up in one place:

If I use a 1-5 range spell in melee range (aka 1), do you profit from my melee mastery?

If I use a area spell, lets say a X-like spell (basic cross aoe spell) to hit only 1 target, do I profit from my single target mastery?

If I use a multiple hit spell to hit everyone enemy in melee range, do I profit from my melee and area masteries? If its only from one mastery , which one?

0 0
Score : -2791

element mastery gives you flexibility while you are combating and doesnt force you to use Move Point and you can get advantages of damage of weak resistances on your opponents. thats why it gives you 5 mastery.
Combat masteries (melee or distance,area or single) force you to use Move point and elements on your gears and dodge (like you may lose ap easyly), limits your prefers in spell deck , thats why it gives you 8 mastery.

cholandrotipe|2020-06-10 19:36:59

If I use a 1-5 range spell in melee range (aka 1), do you profit from my melee mastery?

If I use a area spell, lets say a X-like spell (basic cross aoe spell) to hit only 1 target, do I profit from my single target mastery?

If I use a multiple hit spell to hit everyone enemy in melee range, do I profit from my melee and area masteries? If its only from one mastery , which one?

damage =
  if you are away from opponent by 2+ tiles it adds (your distance mastery)
+  if you are away from opponent by 1 or  0 tile, it adds (your melee mastery)
+  if you use an area ranged spell, it adds (your area mastery)
+  if you use an single ranged spell, it adds (your single mastery)
+  it always add (your element mastery)
+  it adds (your assigned 1-3 element masteries) for spell's elements.
you cant lose or win extra damage if you havent got a % value in your damage inflicted.

​​​​​​​

1 0
Score : 717

JonTurk|2020-06-11 00:33:30
element mastery gives you flexibility while you are combating and doesnt force you to use Move Point and you can get advantages of damage of weak resistances on your opponents. thats why it gives you 5 mastery.
Combat masteries (melee or distance,area or single) force you to use Move point and elements on your gears and dodge (like you may lose ap easyly), limits your prefers in spell deck , thats why it gives you 8 mastery.

cholandrotipe|2020-06-10 19:36:59

damage =
  if you are away from opponent by 2+ tiles it adds (your distance mastery)
+  if you are away from opponent by 1 or  0 tile, it adds (your melee mastery)
+  if you use an area ranged spell, it adds (your area mastery)
+  if you use an single ranged spell, it adds (your single mastery)
+  it always add (your element mastery)
+  it adds (your assigned 1-3 element masteries) for spell's elements.
you cant lose or win extra damage if you havent got a % value in your damage inflicted.

so range between melee and distance goes like this?
0 0
Score : 1469

Exactly ! Also, if you use an aoe spell 2 tiles away from yourself but the oneyou're hitting is 3 tiles away, it will still count as distance mastery.

1 0
Respond to this thread