FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

PvP?

By Explain - MEMBER - May 07, 2020, 05:30:20

Long time player here, since the closed french beta of Dofus to the closed alpha of Wakfu, I've loved Ankama's games for years. Stopped playing a while back when they removed PvP from the game, haven't resubscribed since.

Is there any news on a rollback or hope for a PvP reintroduction? I just dont see the fun in a game, originally focused as a faction based pvp game, now where you're only allowed to PvE or fight in casual arenas you have to wait for certain times of the day to do so.

Is there any hope you can give me? *Im completely ignorant to all the news, I only check in on the forums once every few months, any news you can link me would be appreciated*

1 -1
Reactions 11
Score : 975

we have pvp dude
Press Ctrl + B, now we can only pvp in the Battlefield

2 -14
Score : 1349

I don't think collecting flowers and planting boxes count at PvP.

7 0
Score : 9386

they haven't mentioned anything about returning to open world pvp.

4 -6
Score : 2458

The old "Open-world PvP" system failed because the "Merit" ranking system only considered who won a fight, not whether the fight was fair or honorable.     Rewarding PK serial-killer like bad behavior with access to "over-powered PvP gear" simply encouraged more bad behavior with bullies attacking lower-level new players the moment they entered the game, resulting in many new players simply abandoning Wakfu.    sad

Personally, I think that Ankama made a mistake in removing "Open-world PvP" and replacing it with the "battlefield" system...

I believe Ankama should have FIXED what was wrong with "Open-world PvP" instead.     

The main problem was the "Merit" system rewarding dishonorable bad behavior.  Correct that and "Open-world PvP" could work.   

Some suggested "fixes" to discourage the dishonorable attacks:

(1) Aggressively attacking new players, (under level 50 who still show the "new player" icon in their name), should be disallowed by the game - let the new guys learn the game before becoming targets!  (This would also reduce the problem of "Merit-farming" by creating cannon-fodder characters, as it would be necessary to level them up to at least level 51 before attacking them.  It would also be a good idea to have the game disallow aggressively attacking any player with a common IP address to prevent use of secondary accounts for "Merit-farming".)

(2) Anyone attempting to aggressively attack (PK) a player more than 20 levels lower than the attacker should receive a warning that proceeding will result in a very severe penalty to the attacker, ALL of the following:
     (a) loss of all of the attacker's accumulated "Merit",
     (b) automatic shattering of all gear the attacker has currently equipped,
     (c) "Outlawing" the attacker with a large enough negative "Citizen-point" value that it will take at             least TWO HOURS of game-time served in prison to clear the "Outlaw" status. 
(*** -> Applying these penalties at the START of the aggressive attack would seem most appropriate, especially if the "Outlaw" rules described below were enforced... as this would make it highly likely that the intended victim of the aggressive attack would be the one to send the wanna-be PK'er to prison!)

"Outlaws" should be UNABLE to equip gear or enter their haven-bags until their "Outlaw" status is cleared - thus cutting off access to their haven-bag chest etc.     "Outlaws" should have an effective "Automatic Level System" reduction to a locked level 20 until their "Outlaw" status is cleared, and automatic costume change to the most hideous florescent orange prison jumpsuit imaginable to make them highly visible and easy to find... and of course, aggressively attack'able without penalty by EVERYONE!        Let those who act like bullies and PK serial-killers experience what its like to be on the receiving end!     (*** -> Even relatively new players can participate in hunting down and capturing gear-less, enforced-level-20 outlaws and shipping them to prison!)   tongue

The more ordinary "Outlaw" who got there by cutting too many plants etc will typically only require a few minutes in jail to clear their "Outlaw" status, while the PK serial-killers would simply have a much longer "sentence" as is appropriate for the severity of their "crime".     It might also be a good thing to have anyone in "Outlaw" status receive an occasional pop-up message telling them how to go about clearing "Outlaw" status.

3 -7
Score : 1606

eh no.

1st you needed to be close to lv range if you were not you got nothing you just killed the player and got nothing.

second chain farming was not a thing if you "farmed" one person you after few agros didint get anything.

the gang was a thing yes but even there was limitations on merrit gain (sure it was inconsistent and random but so ill give you that)

and now the defense:

this game needs open pvp i dont care if its merrit based or not it NEEDS open world agros back. Sure i get it getting aggores sucks hard but people forgot what wakfu is an open world mmo

it had a point if there was a competition on resource farming the stronger party could agrro and weaker one get revenge gang and gank him. That was fun it brought tension and "living world" into the game

Just give us back the old opt in opt out system where if you touched resource you were agroable ifg you wana just chat and chill.

i miss the olden days.. I miss when wakfu was wakfu

2 -3
Score : -347

Solve your in real problems, so you don't have to spit your anger in fantasy world of twelve. PvP is nothing, you gain nothing, - only stress and other people builds copy/paste. Mass will follow the best. I don't want to be distracted while doing something else. If you can't control when to fight I don't know why to play game at all, if you can't control anything. Maybe compromise would be Battlegrounds or something, but for god sake not whole world of twelve, - my guild mates and other people I have met in game remember this time as very bad experience. 

To be honest wakfu isn't PvP game. It's PvE + pvp possibility (just for fun, - for some. I used to be hardcore PvPer like 15 years ago, and it brings nothing, but stress and anger).

EQUALITY ISN'T POSSIBLE, NEVER and mmorpg stands for roleplay, that's mean you do certain things with certain characters better then others do same at other things. Mostly those who can't do pve want to kill weaker, less skilled players around, - so they also have the feeling. There is really nothing to fight for ? Experience maybe, - which is always negative to one(losing side). And then debates that classes aren't balanced. I pick healer and say that I'm not able to kill everybody, but hell, I love the class. So problem is within game mechanics. 

Well it's only a little piece of my point of view, not fully explained, bu it's enough to think about it. GL. 

7 -4
Score : 3045

I'm an og player too I miss fighting other guilds for world bosses in open pvp. It was a better game for open world it made politics make sense. Now its just a shell of its former self. And to the guy that says you get nothing for pvp doesn't remember territory bonuses and the fun you can't get anywhere else. Smh not everyone will think the same way as you. They should of fixed world pvp instead of completely removing it.

0 -1
Score : 4628

They said that they are working on some kind of PvP mechanism, but it probably won't be soon because they are busy with other more important stuff (server merge and class balancing).
But for now you are stuck with battlefields

1 -1
Score : 3045

ImperiumOfMan|2020-05-08 11:30:16
eh no.

1st you needed to be close to lv range if you were not you got nothing you just killed the player and got nothing.

second chain farming was not a thing if you "farmed" one person you after few agros didint get anything.

the gang was a thing yes but even there was limitations on merrit gain (sure it was inconsistent and random but so ill give you that)

and now the defense:

this game needs open pvp i dont care if its merrit based or not it NEEDS open world agros back. Sure i get it getting aggores sucks hard but people forgot what wakfu is an open world mmo

it had a point if there was a competition on resource farming the stronger party could agrro and weaker one get revenge gang and gank him. That was fun it brought tension and "living world" into the game

Just give us back the old opt in opt out system where if you touched resource you were agroable ifg you wana just chat and chill.

i miss the olden days.. I miss when wakfu was wakfu

This right here. You salty carebears can keep downvoting but he's right this game started off as an openworld pvp sandbox. Changing pvp was one of the first major reasons players left in masses. They aren't here to help make that point because the reason they played the game was taken from them. With that said these downvotes come from one-sided players uninterested in being competitive. And I really can't see how anyone would be uninterested , its an online game not a single player rpg like some of you on here may wish it where.

I can agree that they should of modified pvp instead of removing it. Players where leaving because they where getting pk  , but getting rid of pvp completely gives no incentive to max out so what sense is there for a new player that's interested in pvp going to do after being drawn in by an advertised open world player controlled pvp mmo to just have it abandoned completely?  You can't please everyone but you can atleast try. Been begging for pvp back for years

Idk why pve players would be scared sense they dominate the game now especially with their gear and lack of pvp players. They would essentially keep them in check.
1 -1
Score : 4628

Yeah but players were also leaving because they were being PK'd
I'm not saying removing all open PVP was the correct decidion, but you can never please everyone

2 0
Respond to this thread