FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Wakfu making a comeback?

By Tibbryn - MEMBER - May 01, 2020, 16:17:23
AnkaTracker

I havent played in probably 6 years... i havent owned a computer in about that long...  anyhow.. i ordered a pc and it will be here soon; so obviously wakfu was one of the games I was gunna retry..

A quick steam search shows an active player surge over the last 2 months, 40-60% surges over march and april... 

do you guys think thats just coronavirus isolation at work; or is there really a solid comeback mounting?

also... what can I expect when i log in?  I had a level 120ish feca years ago... are fecas any good these days? 

1 -15
First Ankama intervention

Hi guys,

I'd have to close this topic before things escalate further.

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 31
Score : 2499

it's 3 things mostly
the whole coronavirus insolation
the hype towards the possible server merge which at this point I'm not even sure it's going to happen this year
and
the fact they gave god booster like candy on the first month

2 -5
Score : 407

1) Fecas are gods, only Ankama developers can be equals for them. But this class will receive a small nerf, probably this year.

2) Ankama is not planning to make Wakfu great again, but optimising their expenses on this game. They simplify game mechanics and add a lot of grinding (hi runes and sublimations) in order to save as many players as possible with little effort.

3) Some minor fixes (kama sink sublimations, PK forbiddance, low-price booster) and coronavirus brought a huge wave of fresh blood to the game. I never saw so many new players here.

2 -8
Score : 7662

I'd say it is mainly due to the Coronavirus to be honest. When all started, a lot of people started playing again and zones suchs as Moon Island are now crowded, something that neither the new Sadida Kingdom, character creation rework or enchantment could do (not this much).

Ankama should really take advantage of this "second wind" and do something to show both veterans and new players that the game is worth playing and make the whole gaming experience more enjoyable and less tedious.

Fecas are amazing on both PvE and PvP

11 -3
Score : 9386

with any luck it's not just the virus that's bringing people back.

some of the changes they've made have been good, like cutting the price of boosters. 

what i'm worried about is this habit they seem to have formed where they lose a bunch of players, make a bunch of changes that make everyone happy and raise the player count, and then say "hmm. we could be making more money. we need to start squeezing our newly active playerbase" and then make a bunch of changes that are bad and drive everyone off again.

11 -26
Score : 4265
Interesting, I've been following this thread and apparently someone was calling you out yesterday for changing your comment to this when firstly you were telling Wakfu players that if they don't like playing the game as is, they should go play Dofus and pay to play the game....

Got a mod on your side or are you one? just seems a bit too suspicious for me to just leave it there, furthermore what was done to that player for speaking out? - also I am taking a screenshot as proof so don't bother trying to erase me and my opinion from existence also.
21 -6
Score : 386

40-60% of 0 is still 0.

8 -11
Score : -347

Wakfu is good game to play. You don't have to aim to be best of the best.

0 -13

The desire to be the best is in human nature

2 -2
Score : 5295

not only coronavirus is here. something happened in the development team starting with updating pvp, nations, island redesign. either they took someone to their team, or found inspiration. Recently, very high-quality content has been released and this also affects the return of people to the game. when people get fed up with content, they naturally play less. MMO games need updates. it is important.

3 -3
Score : 4234

It's surprising how active it has been lately. It's definately been much better lately than it has in the past few years. I mean it's certainly not bustling yet but yeah there are players around on Nox and it's been fun. I believe Ankama has a window of opportunity to make Wakfu successful this year. I hope they seize it. 

2 -3
Score : 5382

> Make a weekly quest to use Group Finder that rewards an equipment slot reroll
> profit

4 -3
Score : -787

i dont know that wakfu making a comeback or making a punch back, but if u are a hardcode player : wellcome, if not: wellcome, now u start leaning how to be a hardcode player.

3 -14
Score : 4628

Why would I want to be a hardcore player?

7 -4

cody5|2020-05-05 11:09:30
Why would I want to be a hardcore player?

Well, you have no choice laugh
7 -3
Score : 168

AngelicPorcelain|2020-05-05 13:52:03
Interesting, I've been following this thread and apparently someone was calling you out yesterday for changing your comment to this when firstly you were telling Wakfu players that if they don't like playing the game as is, they should go play Dofus and pay to play the game....

Got a mod on your side or are you one? just seems a bit too suspicious for me to just leave it there, furthermore what was done to that player for speaking out? - also I am taking a screenshot as proof so don't bother trying to erase me and my opinion from existence also.

I'll help ya angry
11 -3
Score : 46

AngelicPorcelain|2020-05-05 13:52:03

i'm fine also thanx for this. the overall view of stuff lately & how this person disrespected everyone who loves this game by saying what they did but not getting silenced is whats truly messed up imo. what ever, i bet we will get in trouble for being upset/offended, guess the bigger your score the more you get awya with.
10 -4
Score : 674

AngelicPorcelain|2020-05-05 05:52:03

"Someone called him out for changing comment"

Diddlydoo. I've been watching this thread and that wasn't something the person you are replying to said.  You really shouldn't believe everything you hear, especially when it drives you to accuse other players of being a mod and playing dirty on the forums.
5 -22
Score : 4265

If you were following this thread...you'd know I've already apologized. What are you trying to prove with your aggressive comment? I'm starting to think Irresolute has a point. I hope you calm down, take care of yourself.

17 -6
Score : 674

Y'all are crazy.

Pointing out the low level (to the extent of being lv 6!) isn't elitism, it's pointing out that a bunch of people with no reputation at stake (or alts being sockpupetted) are trying to make accusations about someone who has a reputation for going out of their way to help other people in this game.

There's definitely some elitism in this game, but of all the people you chose to go after with that, anyone who has been around the forums knows it's garbage.

I wonder what sort of internal policy the mods must have that they haven't intervened at all here, but I don't envy them. The way the attack was framed, removing all that, especially if they don't come in and say something is gonna make the situation worse.

6 -22
Score : 2157

I'm also making a comeback after a long hiatus. I'm liking the changes I see so far. Hope they keep at it.

2 -6

Hello everyone,

Please refrain from making any remarks, which are against the forum code of conduct. Including personal attacks against each other, and putting up offtopic subjects.

P.S: For forum, grievances. You can contact any of the moderators here via ankabox (Make sure you have your ankabox setting enabled to receive incoming messages to get a reply).

Thank you.^^
Your cheerful wodent of the forum, [Iroko]

Score : 65

Nerd-Tease|2020-05-05 22:45:53
Y'all are crazy.

Pointing out the low level (to the extent of being lv 6!) isn't elitism, it's pointing out that a bunch of people with no reputation at stake (or alts being sockpupetted) are trying to make accusations about someone who has a reputation for going out of their way to help other people in this game.

There's definitely some elitism in this game, but of all the people you chose to go after with that, anyone who has been around the forums knows it's garbage.

I wonder what sort of internal policy the mods must have that they haven't intervened at all here, but I don't envy them. The way the attack was framed, removing all that, especially if they don't come in and say something is gonna make the situation worse.

Excuse me [Iroko], appreciation for stepping in. Is this not also against the forum code of conduct? I'm speaking out here since I was also silenced and I'm confused what I said that was so wrong.. the person was mean and brought their friend to bully others on the forum also, yet their mean comment(s) remains.. how is that fair to any of us? If it's all about bringing the thread back to topic, why not silence all the comments that were off topic, that would make more sense and feel less like favoritism. I can start to see why the others got upset.
9 -3
Score : 3155

I don't think wakfu will ever make a comeback, server merge or not. I've played this game a lot longer than most of you, and I've seen a steady decline in the player base that won't be reversed. This will continue until Wakfu no longer makes a profit.

10 0