FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Server Merge Questions

By Fixxr - MEMBER - April 18, 2020, 02:10:43
AnkaTracker
Hello happy

Ok, server merge is coming guys and my best guess there are a lot concerned players in all communities.
Every player is important but im talking about mostly those who have spended quite an amount of time and money into this wonderful game and have come so far and accomplished lot of stuff in our accounts; and i know im not the only one with questions about it, so i will share a few in this thread, tbh not expecting to be answered by ANKAMA but to be considered as they are making important desicions about it right now.

1. If a player has bought 2 or more character slots and have all account slots full of characters lvl200 in 2 servers, what will happend when they merge them? ..will they have all characters from both servers?

2. What will happend with characters with the same name and level owned by the same or different players in 2 or more servers?

3. ...Guilds with same names in different servers?

Guys if you have questions please share them here.
Ankama please consider these questions and the effort of your players as we don't want to lose anything, because every character level/profession/item we have had a time/$ cost and nobody wants to see that ruined, so i trust you make some good decissions to have this merge successfully done and make everyone happy with the results, thank you.
2 0
First Ankama intervention

Hi Fixxr,

Thank you for your concerns about the server merge. Do not worry, we will keep them in mind.

In the meantime, kindly wait for our official announcement about it.

To avoid any misinformation, I would have to close this thread. Thank you!

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 4
Score : 7293

1. Might have a good way to get it done. (No official infromation about the same is available.)

2. They can already do that without much trouble on beta with the [Server-Name] method. After the merge, there might be either a time frame for you to take your names, or they might have already figured out how to deal with duplicate file names on the database.

3. Guilds can also follow the same aspect, They have already merged guilds and people on beta so far. Thus I think they have already figured out solutions for the double name issues.

4. Can just wait and see since there are few more months to merge happening, and we might be getting new information about the progress of how things are going every now and then, like a forum blog post of sorts. (Hope) sad There might even be a devblog about merge aspects may be some time in the future with more details.

*These are all speculations. Waiting for official answers.

0 0
Score : -2802

1- They will be able to use only Rem heroes as group 1 or AER heroes as group 2 in remington. Probably 2 accounts heroes wont be addable in same group in remington.
2- There iis no dublicated name problem if they are in same account and still there should be a problem if 2 different account. because you are Fixxr of REM and you are Fixxr of AER and all accounts have got diferent forum names.
3-Guild names priority can be given who has created this guild first by date so other one has to change it. None cares guild names really..

0 -4
Score : 799

AFAIK, there's no official info regarding those matters yet and there's no point asking Ankama, since they seem to avoid giving any specifc informations. We have to wait for them to make an official announcement.

It was mentioned somewhere that they will try to find a way to let us keep all our characters.

When Phaeris was moved from APAC, we had to fill a migration form. Some of us had logins or player names that already existed on Wakfu International, so we were forced to pick a new one. I'm not saying Ankama will make it the same way with characters and guild names, but that's an option.

1 0

Hi Fixxr,

Thank you for your concerns about the server merge. Do not worry, we will keep them in mind.

In the meantime, kindly wait for our official announcement about it.

To avoid any misinformation, I would have to close this thread. Thank you!

[Flatops]