Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Server merge pt.2

By Suspect-- - MEMBER - March 04, 2020, 11:13:50
AnkaTracker
8 -2
First Ankama intervention

Jyllien|2020-03-04 14:10:17
Will we be informed about it before it happens or will it just happen?

Hi Jyllien,

We'll inform you before it happens. biggrin

[Flatops]
See message in context
Reactions 27
Score : 602

I am very excited for this, one of the biggest issues i have had with the game is how empty it can feel. with the changes to haven world resources, and the merge, the game should feel renewed and busy again.

hopefully they can handle such issues as highlighted in your post, such as names, guilds, then further, economy, haven bag placements, etc etc. if the road is not too bumpy i think this will give a new wave of life into the game

3 0
Score : 238

0 0
Score : 1059

Yes!! i will get all my rare costumes biggrin

0 0

Jyllien|2020-03-04 14:10:17

Hi Jyllien,

We'll inform you before it happens. biggrin

[Flatops]
Score : 3285

What happened over there in Ankama, you guys just went to high gear out of nowhere! I'm loving this AVALANCHE of changes in one single beta "season", with Foggernaut's delightful revamp, Haven Bags and more to come, and now an update on server merge! Feels like a Xelor infiltrated Ankama and made time to run faster.

3 0
Score : 3

Yah i feel the same so many good updates recently biggrin

0 0
Score : 1177

All they've done is paint some pretty pictures outside the house. It's when you get inside the house that you discover that how the game works is still the same anti-mmo framework.

It's strange how communities in dying/almost dead mmos get excited about mergers. While the successful mmos actually add more server (Final Fantasy XIV).

The fact that they have to merge means the game is doing bad, not better. Let's be honest and logical here; the game hasn't grown since around 2015, that's a negative, not a positive. A merge is a bandaid, it doesn't mean that people will actually party for the higher level dungs or whatnot. A lot of you are living in this naive world where you think more people equals more partying in a game that promotes the opposite.

8 -10
Score : 3285

They created those servers not only for connection, but also because they had enough people to fill them, now they have less people but still enough to keep the game running, and they need to bring these people together since you can't hop from server to server. This is not a bandaid, its adaptation.

0 -2
Score : 135

Granthese|2020-03-06 01:09:01
They created those servers not only for connection, but also because they had enough people to fill them, now they have less people but still enough to keep the game running, and they need to bring these people together since you can't hop from server to server. This is not a bandaid, its adaptation.

The big Problem is that they can't really adapt or change Wakfu without totally reworking it. They would basically need to kill it and come back fresh, but it won't happen...
1 0
Score : 1177

Nerfing boss/enemy damage for the "normal" version of the dungeons (Stasis 10 I think it was) doesn't require 5 years of re-development. It would fix instantly fix the fear most end game players have about partying with other people.

5 -2
Score : 295

a 4 server merge sounds huge. but i think its the right thing to do. and just have 1 mega server.

what happens btw if we reach a "critical mass" of players? so when too many players are in 1 area or on 1 server? resources(like mining) are limited and could be very annyoing to farm.

2 0
Score : 4842

Actually it will be a  server merge.

As for critical mass, the players are from around the world, so due to the time zones they won't be online at the same time. Also they will make resources respawn faster.

0 0
Score : 624

Isn't that like 4 years ago or smth?

0 0

They announced that they plan to merge it 2 years ago, but then they found out that there's a bunch of stuff making it problematic and have been fixing the game to allow a merge since then.

0 0
Score : 36767

This will be very exciting, I play Forum Rules as my main mmo now but I will definitely be interested in checking Wakfu out again once the merge goes through. I know it still has issues but i'd still really like to see this game pick itself up again...

1 0
Score : 1

soooo. I lost my 3 characters after the merge.........WHAT'S THAT?!!

0 0
Score : 9325

interesting, because, there hasn't been a merge?

0 0

Aqua66|2020-03-23 00:43:43
soooo. I lost my 3 characters after the merge.........WHAT'S THAT?!!

I think he means 3 of his characters weren't transfered to the beta server?
0 0
Score : 110

What's gonna happen to peoples accounts who can access Remington, Dathura and Aerafel but not nox? Will we have to migrate the Remington characters to another account similar to when Dathura was made FR only?

0 0

They will be all mered into remington, so everyone who played any of the old servers will have access to the new server
PS: Well to be specific, Dathura will absorb all french servers and Remington will absorb the rest.

0 -1
Respond to this thread