FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

dedicate player vs casual player

By mafelein - MEMBER - March 01, 2020, 02:44:12
AnkaTracker

hI guys , well i want to make this thread to make some usefull feedback to ankama on this parallelism between this 2 type of players .

after read lot of threads i see that theres some kind of discusion between payers and i think the problem here to meet the criteria so it works for all is based on the differences this two types of players have in their play time ...
there are many types of players like  dedicate farmers to the casual farmer , the hardcore fighter to the  casual one ....
all this sides of the big picture must get into highlight when talking about reworks on any on a game , i feel that if we can bring our points of view without discuss but just to give it ,they maybe can do better reworks ,because is logic, this vast varieties of player game-styles dont fit on a rework .

casual player : want all easy and fast 
dedicate player : get into the game and start this neverending RNG 

thats a parallel and this statement that no dedicate player will agree with the casual player 

example:
+casual player 194 lvl running 1 character (basic gears and basic ideas of the mechanics involved in a endgame dung)
+dedicate player 200lvl running 6 characters team(decent gears but not yet overpower enough to carry no one to higher stasis because himself is uncapable to run higher stasis)

trying to mix this 2 types (lvl 200 carry that 194lvl player)is almost a 100% problem in game , why ? because you will have to try many times this ¨new¨player into that dungeon mechanics to fit into your strategy and most time this ends like the 194lvl casual player gives up and log off game ...

if the case is a 200lvl dedicate character trying to find team this surely force you to socialize to find team , wich in 80% of the times is so hard to coordinate meeting with other 5  200 lvls dedicate players to make some dungeon ...this in real life is already hard to coordinate if not close friends...
and... excuse me ...how the ++++ this character will get his endgame gear perfect ?year 3000?

another example :

feca rework :
casual player : dont mind 
dedicate player : ohh gosh how will be now possible run some content? o.0

heaven world rework :
casual player : finally! and its free!^^
dedicate player  : ohhh q.q all those hundreds of hours trying to make all that kamas to buy a heaven world and all those guild points and effort on guild management .... all for nothing ! :s

.... and so on!

hope you take this thread more to highlight this kind of parallels so at least some day maybe someday ankama will make a rework that is intend to fit all playerbase and not one side or another focus.... if you see my bad english make this thread confussing , please help me to make it sense ...ye sorry for my bad english .

best regards 

GOUG

8 -22
First Ankama intervention

Hi guys,

We'll be closing this thread temporarily until heads have cooled down.

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 32
Score : 176

ok,GOUG

3 -18
Score : 4391

I wouldn't call my self a dedicated player anymore, but I was a few years ago.
even though this thread is ridiculous in it's entirety.

I've wanted a feca rework for ages. Hot damn that class is broken.

5 -3
Score : 1847

Actually, it is not the matter of "dedicate player vs casual player."
Dungeon mechanisms ask too much thing, to be honest.
No matter what stasis you are in, there's at least one trick which triggers instant death or failure with domino effect.

Basically, battles in this game are about to make enemies' HP 0 to win, and the dungeon mechanisms are all about to make you to have hard time to do so.
It is natural that well-geared players can do something faster than casual players, because they can ignore mechanisms with overkilling them.
It is fair enough, since well-geared players probably have done dungeons many times.
But current dungeon mechanisms ask players to specific actions which cannot be overcome by power of their gears.

Moreover, whether it has purpose or not, it seems like current dungeon mechanisms have been designed for specific characters or spells.
So it is natural that "dedicated players" have hard time with doing dungeons with "casual players."
It cannot be blamed.
It is no one's fault.
And also, that's why "dedicated players" always don't like the consequences of class revampings.

Most of the time, I do dungeon with random players, who could be categorized as "casual player."
I don't know if I can call myself as "dedicated player," since I only have one account.
Anyway, it is really hard to do dungeons with them.
It is true.
I can't teach them all the times.
Well, this is another matter.

The "true" dedicated players don't even want to get bother by another dedicated players.
Players on "that" level: they are just NPCs for me.
If they don't communicate with others, or just tag within their own elite community, they have no difference with NPCs for me.
You maybe "talk" with them, but you know, it is possible to talk with NPCs as well.

One "perfect"  (just saying) team can cover all significant roles without trouble.
But not everyone can catch a chance to be part of the perfect team.
It probably just because they have just one character, or maybe team members have common class so one of them have to remove their character and decide to gather more people, even though that decision may lead them to more hard way.
Unfortunately, few players may want to have hard time in random party or don't care about the result.

As I have seen, current dungeon mechanisms give no chance to casual players.
I wonder if current dungeon mechanisms will be "normalized" as classes have gotten "normalized."
As I know, the last normalization(nerfing) of dungeon mechanisms was done with Moon dungeons, during mount zinit area releasing, and there's nothing after that.

9 0
Score : -22

lol dude I think your helpless indignation about scarecrow is out of control. 

6 -11
Score : 334

Question mark

0 -5
Score : -822

I will talk about PvP. Again.
How can a casual player go in PvP and have fun? I do not mean a noob player without any skill, but a player with one character who does not want to spend more than ... well ... 1 hour a day?
Now pvp looks like something elite. You need to farm some TOP gear from dungeons and roll it (hi, RNG) to be able to stand against TOP-EQUIPPED players. Why they should to do it?
The main problem is, well, this is pvp. Why PvP players should do PvE content, if they dont want to do?

Let's look here:

many people with the best equipment think the same.
And this is a problem.
Thee will be no any new PvP players as long as they need to farm too much gear from PvE to play PvP (???).  People do not want to win everything without doing anything. They do not want to waste time on something that does not give them fun.
Entire text seems like:
-I want to play the game. I don't want to eat a ****.
-I already ate ****, now you have to eat **** or get out of the game

People trying to protect their own world. It's ok, but current system is corrupted. We need some changes to make PvP more accessible for every player.

Player skill must be proven in creating sets, not in grinding them. In PvP fights rather than picking flowers or killing mobs. And this is not OK when you need much more than your current level to play PvP. Farming the best items for level 80 with all the sublimations and runes may take too much time for a casual player (hi RNG), so this player will leave PvP or remain at a low lvl PVP for eternity, simply because casual player does not have time or motivation, or even possibility to make 140-170-200 lvl set.

And one more problem. People think that amakna is aware of this problem. But PvP is not the best vote in the survey. Why? Because people try PvP and see that the current system is strange, and leave it forever because "I don't like PvP." And such people see no reason to vote for it, because they they have never seen a good system.

Sincerely yours, Oktopy.
8 -13
Score : 99

Just say you want free gears without effort.

oktopy|2020-03-01 19:07:45

...... Why PvP players should do PvE content, if they dont want to do?
...... Player skill must be proven in creating sets, not in grinding them.
7 -9
Score : 876

Either you are a casual or dedicated, eventually we will quit someday. So in the end it doesn't really matter anymore.

4 -3
Score : 1243

Life will end too, so the conditions you're living in don't matter and shouldn't improve?

6 0

ForcedALS|2020-03-01 12:08:17
Just say you want free gears without effort.

...... Why PvP players should do PvE content, if they dont want to do?
...... Player skill must be proven in creating sets, not in grinding them.

just tell me, do you really think, that spend half of a year for only 1 set is OK?
just tell me, do you really think, that see 90% autobuilders and 10% of perfectly equipped people all the time is OK?
just tell me, do you really like to see the same classes and the same players in PvP?
Why PvP should be elite?
just tell me, that attack autobuilders when you have perfect gear is OK?

Just say that you are afraid to play against players with the same equipment as yours, when your victory will depend only on skill, and not on the time you lost on grind.
just say you afraid to fight without an effort.

just tell me, why people who hate PvE are not able to play PvP?
just tell me why people go to PvP: for experience or for actually PvP?
just tell me why so many people don’t even want to fight in PvP?

just tell me, have you read all i'm talking about?
There are only 5-10% of players who post something on the forum, and there are almost no casual players in this number, so we only see the opinion like yours.

I aksed about system like on test server, but with progression: you can buy ALL equipment in the game for PVP CURRENCY and use it ONLY for PVP, as well as ONLY PVP sublimations and shards. With this systems will be easier to start play PvP. I want to divide PvP from PvE at all, as many games do.

But all you can say - "Just say you want free gears without effort.". This is just sad. That weird mindset ruin the game for many people. I like to grind in the games, that were designed for it (like Path of Exile), not in strategic MMORNG, just because it takes much more time. Literally. People just dont want to spend their lives just to be able to fight 1x1 with TOP EQUIPMENT players for entire 1 hour in a BG just because no one can kill another.

I hope, amakna will see it.

Sincerely yours, Oktopy.
10 -10
Score : 9523

Wew thats a lot to unpack

"just tell me, do you really think, that spend half of a year for only 1 set is OK?"
If it is taking you half a year to get one set, youre doing something horribly wrong, Getting epic's or relic's at low level is relatively easy, and there is always an "easier" version of an epic or relic, your set might not be meta, but that should be obvious, no one will get a perfect set easily regardless of the level

"just tell me, do you really think, that see 90% autobuilders and 10% of perfectly equipped people all the time is OK?"
I am having a hard time understanding what you're on about here, ymean pvp right, if 90% of the people in battlefields are using ALS then that just means theyre not putting any effort in, so yes the people with actual gear should destroy them, because people using ALS aren't even trying

"just tell me, do you really like to see the same classes and the same players in PvP?"
Ok sure, Low level pvp is unbalanced, but thats because battlefields encourage 1v1, which is a completely unbalanced mess, so yeah, this will happen, but it has nothing to do with gear, some classes just have advantages

"Why PvP should be elite?"
Having to build your sets does not make you elite, it means you are putting in effort, its the same with PvE, if you are lazy, you won't do well, thats the whole idea with "rewarding" a player

"Just say that you are afraid to play against players with the same equipment as yours, when your victory will depend only on skill, and not on the time you lost on grind.
just say you afraid to fight without an effort."

The players that grind and put effort into their gear are the ones who should be winning, if youre lazy then you don't deserve to win, this isn't CallOfDuty or Tekken where everyone fights on an even playing field, this is a game about building yourself up, and getting stronger, you are in the wrong game

"just tell me, why people who hate PvE are not able to play PvP?
just tell me why so many people don’t even want to fight in PvP?​​​​​​​"

1) This is first and foremost, a PvE game, all of its content revolves around PvE first, and PvP second, and when PvP was a thing, it was built off PvE
2)People go to battlefields to get Exp instead of PvP because its a fast way to level up, and the minigames within the battlefields are more PvE, you don't actually need to fight anyone
3)Because 1v1 is a mess, and battlefields encourage this, they just want the exp

"just tell me, have you read all i'm talking about?
There are only 5-10% of players who post something on the forum, and there are almost no casual players in this number, so we only see the opinion like yours."

You have absoloutly no evidence to support this claim whatsoever, not that most players dont comment on the forums, because most players dont, but unless you know every commentory personally, you cannot possibly know if they are Casual or Hardcore

"I aksed about system like on test server, but with progression: you can buy ALL equipment in the game for PVP CURRENCY and use it ONLY for PVP, as well as ONLY PVP sublimations and shards. With this systems will be easier to start play PvP. I want to divide PvP from PvE at all, as many games do."
Dividing PvP and PvE is a horrible idea and makes PvE players not want to ever bother touching PvP, because that means making a set that is mediocre with limited options, and can't be used anywhere else
Not to mention that free gear means easy access to power, and people will get Big Heads if they win a lot despite that the wins will mostly be 1v1 with a clear class advantage

Example: Sacrier, is completely broken for low level 1v1, and even at endgame pvp, the class is horribly overpowered for such situations, some classes can beat it, like Rogue, but it still has a clear advantage

"But all you can say - "Just say you want free gears without effort.". This is just sad. That weird mindset ruin the game for many people. I like to grind in the games, that were designed for it (like Path of Exile), not in strategic MMORNG, just because it takes much more time. Literally. People just dont want to spend their lives just to be able to fight 1x1 with TOP EQUIPMENT players for entire 1 hour in a BG just because no one can kill another."
i dare you to take a look at the last PvP tournament that was on the Beta server, it was a group pvp event, but people got to choose whatever gear they wanted and whatever runes they wanted, and look at the sheer mess of exploit strats that were used
I might be alone in this but if you give people free gear for pvp you will see people exploit it in minutes because it is a completely effortless venture.

4 -20
Score : -40

Difference between newbies playing 1-3 hours per day and old player is too big. If u are in autobuild you die at the second-third turn. If you have gear from glory orbs shop u can live 4-5 turns. If you have played wakfu for years and have top gear (70+% resistant, all sublimations) you can win 1 vs 3 average gear players. If u really want to play PVP and have good chances to win you need waste months on creating good gear playing PVE. Ofc not so many new players (who wants to play pvp) stay in wakfu and waste his time on pve in which they dont even interested in.  Its not normal. We are here to play and have rest. Not to work for top gear and then have endless fights.
So i like the idea with special pvp equipment which can be obtained playing pvp.

4 -4

Suspect--|2020-03-01 16:33:58
Wew thats a lot to unpack

"just tell me, do you really think, that spend half of a year for only 1 set is OK?"
If it is taking you half a year to get one set, youre doing something horribly wrong, Getting epic's or relic's at low level is relatively easy, and there is always an "easier" version of an epic or relic, your set might not be meta, but that should be obvious, no one will get a perfect set easily regardless of the level

"just tell me, do you really think, that see 90% autobuilders and 10% of perfectly equipped people all the time is OK?"
I am having a hard time understanding what you're on about here, ymean pvp right, if 90% of the people in battlefields are using ALS then that just means theyre not putting any effort in, so yes the people with actual gear should destroy them, because people using ALS aren't even trying

"just tell me, do you really like to see the same classes and the same players in PvP?"
Ok sure, Low level pvp is unbalanced, but thats because battlefields encourage 1v1, which is a completely unbalanced mess, so yeah, this will happen, but it has nothing to do with gear, some classes just have advantages

"Why PvP should be elite?"
Having to build your sets does not make you elite, it means you are putting in effort, its the same with PvE, if you are lazy, you won't do well, thats the whole idea with "rewarding" a player

"Just say that you are afraid to play against players with the same equipment as yours, when your victory will depend only on skill, and not on the time you lost on grind.
just say you afraid to fight without an effort."

The players that grind and put effort into their gear are the ones who should be winning, if youre lazy then you don't deserve to win, this isn't CallOfDuty or Tekken where everyone fights on an even playing field, this is a game about building yourself up, and getting stronger, you are in the wrong game

"just tell me, why people who hate PvE are not able to play PvP?
just tell me why so many people don’t even want to fight in PvP?"

1) This is first and foremost, a PvE game, all of its content revolves around PvE first, and PvP second, and when PvP was a thing, it was built off PvE
2)People go to battlefields to get Exp instead of PvP because its a fast way to level up, and the minigames within the battlefields are more PvE, you don't actually need to fight anyone
3)Because 1v1 is a mess, and battlefields encourage this, they just want the exp

"just tell me, have you read all i'm talking about?
There are only 5-10% of players who post something on the forum, and there are almost no casual players in this number, so we only see the opinion like yours."

You have absoloutly no evidence to support this claim whatsoever, not that most players dont comment on the forums, because most players dont, but unless you know every commentory personally, you cannot possibly know if they are Casual or Hardcore

"I aksed about system like on test server, but with progression: you can buy ALL equipment in the game for PVP CURRENCY and use it ONLY for PVP, as well as ONLY PVP sublimations and shards. With this systems will be easier to start play PvP. I want to divide PvP from PvE at all, as many games do."
Dividing PvP and PvE is a horrible idea and makes PvE players not want to ever bother touching PvP, because that means making a set that is mediocre with limited options, and can't be used anywhere else
Not to mention that free gear means easy access to power, and people will get Big Heads if they win a lot despite that the wins will mostly be 1v1 with a clear class advantage

Example: Sacrier, is completely broken for low level 1v1, and even at endgame pvp, the class is horribly overpowered for such situations, some classes can beat it, like Rogue, but it still has a clear advantage

"But all you can say - "Just say you want free gears without effort.". This is just sad. That weird mindset ruin the game for many people. I like to grind in the games, that were designed for it (like Path of Exile), not in strategic MMORNG, just because it takes much more time. Literally. People just dont want to spend their lives just to be able to fight 1x1 with TOP EQUIPMENT players for entire 1 hour in a BG just because no one can kill another."
i dare you to take a look at the last PvP tournament that was on the Beta server, it was a group pvp event, but people got to choose whatever gear they wanted and whatever runes they wanted, and look at the sheer mess of exploit strats that were used
I might be alone in this but if you give people free gear for pvp you will see people exploit it in minutes because it is a completely effortless venture.

I appreciate that you answered like this. We can discuss.

Im talking about casual players. Just calculate a bit. Let's assume casual player spend about 5-10h in a game per week with only 1 character. What he needs: get some gear to farm dungeon, find a party, do the dungeon, bless rng an get an item, and one more to roll. and one more. And there is no the same item on market, because there are no much players who farm it for market. A half of a year maybe to much, but 2-3 months is quite possible.

They use als, because they cannot get another gear while leveling or because grinding sometimes takes too much time. You cannot buy some items just because they have never appeared on the market.

People dont even have a chance to try, because it's expensive. This is all about it. But sometimes feca can work, sometimes other classes are greater than we think.

I agree, but playing PvP only you can never be as great as other people with their own party. There must be some balance. Why does even any player spend too much time on it just to play?  And there is no any rmm, so, players with no gear should stand against top-geared players without any choice. And they can be attacked and killed in 1x1 fair fight with top-equipped players. 

I dont ask for free equipment, I ask for more affordable equipment for PvP players which can be bought for PvP currency. And you still need to earn it in, well, PvP.

1. I agree.
2. Because there is no any PvP with a great reward. To get rank A you need to kill 10 players, to die 30 times, to kill 3 black wabits(?), to kill 3 chiefs(???).Fights do not give too much experience as other objectives.
3. I asked for team PvP as well.

I agree, but this is statistics for most games in general. 90% of people are silent.

It may not be completely divided, but there will be some items that you can easily buy for PvP only if you need it.
Equipment should not be free. It should be able to buy for PvP currency.
I agree with the balance of classes, but now we see the same situation, right? At least we will see the true power of some classes (not only OP sacriers and srams at lvl 80-110). For example, you start to play PvP and got some PvP currency. That way, you can spend it on your alt, just to test it in PvP.

And this is nice. Amakna should see what they should fix. With great and equal gear there will be clear what they should to fix. And again, gear should NOT be free. You just should be able to buy some parts for the PvP currency and use it only in PvP.
7 -8
Score : 344

The examples aren't good if it is about professions i am a dedicated player but i am lazy in fighting so i can't agree with this, first the hw change makes people go out more of course it is for me a person that loves to get the crops in peace a little bad but the hb is still there and so nothing besides fighting changes what is also a little more inconvinient but ok as well. There aren't much issues to other changes because the players aren't seperated by dedicated or not dedicated but by those that want to keep an advantage and those that never had one. Of course people say they don't like it but well i only complain about cosmetic issues like the hb change i don't like some of the decorations that is not changable. The other issue i would be not ok with is wild PvP but i don't think even if some "strange" people want it it won't be made because it would like kill the new player gain instantly.

0 -2
Score : 1295

Jyllien ... those are random examples , you get the idea what is the important fact .

reading all the points of views possible here could bring new info to ankama or other players  so we kinda help them to think further on next reworks because  is so hard now all reworks fit to the majority of the playerbase.

dedicate players structure the economy so the casual players come here and play something is running (the best or the worst but running) , no game like this can survive without an economy and this is hard times to we all with RNG system ...

...how?
well lets make another dumb example : count harebourg items .... i bet im not the only one trying to get them ^^...and im aslo sure no one in server have seen one of them in market yet ...we are getting new patch and at this right moment that gear is just in our wish list ... before this new RNG system new content gears was  in market earlier than now , helping the casual players that could buy ogrines to pay their gears , this also help feed the economy of the server.
what this have related to the thread ? well , we are all making part of this game in general and we all can provide best of our point of views so the DEV team ,they can analyze so maybe just maybe someday they make this game have the majority loving it instead of being  crying around  or rage quitting for every single new patch .

im not the only one in game that miss some old players that used to be friends in game q.q .

if the game can have some middle point between dedicated and casual it will upgrade the game 

ty all for the replies.

0 -4
Score : 135

I think the problem is that Wakfu, by original Design, was catering way too much to the "Dedicated" Players, which is one of the reasons why so many people quit. Look at all those many other MMORPGs out there... they are all less grindy, and in some cases not even as tactical as Wakfu, but somehow they all do much better!

I think if there wouldn't be the french community, where the Game is much more popular as outside, they would already have closed the Game.

The last Game i saw it going like this was Wildstar back then. It was a Game meant to cater to the Hardcore Crowd, and it failed miserably. Wakfu shares some similiarities with it.
And why would people grind for hundreds of hours in Wakfu, if there are so many other Games out there which are less grindy?

Hearttyace|2020-03-04 10:05:38
Wildstar failure had a lot to do with the amount of bugs and glitches on release, there were also a few outdated functions. Now if you played Wakfu pre 2015/16 or before Dy7 became lead producer. You would know, This game suffered from the exact same things. Tons of glitches and bugs. Outdated features (Shit the leveling for Professions is still super outdated)

There are plenty of grind heavy games that work, Maplestory is always a prime example, That's one of the most profitable MMOs in the world. Dungeon fighter is another,  Black desert is secretly more popular in North America than Asia.

And stil, after all the years and all the Grind, Wakfu struggles...
3 0
Score : 4391

Wildstar failure had a lot to do with the amount of bugs and glitches on release, there were also a few outdated functions. Now if you played Wakfu pre 2015/16 or before Dy7 became lead producer. You would know, This game suffered from the exact same things. Tons of glitches and bugs. Outdated features (Shit the leveling for Professions is still super outdated)

There are plenty of grind heavy games that work, Maplestory is always a prime example, That's one of the most profitable MMOs in the world. Dungeon fighter is another,  Black desert is secretly more popular in North America than Asia.

Edit: Almost no game survives a bad launch. FFXIV was a miracle story because franchise and trust matter for marketing.

0 0
Score : 766

As a casual player myself, I dont really want "easy"  and  "fast" .If it's hard to do , I dont do it. Simple as that.   I just play at my own pace. 

Eliaoo|2020-03-04 23:26:08
Maybe that's showing the definition Mafelein gave about "casual player" or "dedicate player" aren't accurate enough. We can't plan to depend on such a dimidiation if the sets we focus on to see the game through are so woolly.

Indeed. Those terms are equivocal and thus needs more elucidation.
10 0
Score : 378

Maybe that's showing the definition Mafelein gave about "casual player" or "dedicate player" aren't accurate enough. We can't plan to depend on such a dimidiation if the sets we focus on to see the game through are so woolly.

2 0

hi , ok so for explain myself on those 2 terms 
*progression : farming/grinding not just lvl 200
+casual player : the player that cant/want play this game much and progression is slow. 
this casual status make any player dont mind much on the game anyways and free cookies(gifts) or any confort being casual and have progression will be welcome dont be hypocrites-.-

ok, general terms maybe dont fit for 10% but still a 90% of casual players that want things easier because they dont have the time to grind that much and they still want :gears,quests,achievments,ladder,end of season chests ,status ...
its a game ,we all need work or study so is not like we cant have like in vacations a more dedicate player status ... is a situational concept focus in progression in game vs the time you have for it!

+dedicate player : the player that already use a lot of time playing this game for a decent or overpower progression 

so maybe a player that have played the game all the time scince beta but havent invest much time in it is more like a casual player or even if he logged 24/7 but just zaap sit in alma doing nothing  is a casual player ....
lol c mon like in real life if you just cook eggs you cant say you are a chef lol even if your eggs are the best in town you cant cook any other thing but eggs ...you are  just a guy that cook awesome eggs thats all.(even if you have your own restaurant ..theres nothing like eggs chef ...chef must invest time learning much more than eggs-.-)

we cant get involved in absurd minority concepts we are talking in general about a game so we must come with general concepts, 

1 -10
Score : 135

mafelein|2020-03-04 18:37:22
hi , ok so for explain myself on those 2 terms 
*progression : farming/grinding not just lvl 200
+casual player : the player that cant/want play this game much and progression is slow. 
this casual status make any player dont mind much on the game anyways and free cookies(gifts) or any confort being casual and have progression will be welcome dont be hypocrites-.-

ok, general terms maybe dont fit for 10% but still a 90% of casual players that want things easier because they dont have the time to grind that much and they still want :gears,quests,achievments,ladder,end of season chests ,status ...
its a game ,we all need work or study so is not like we cant have like in vacations a more dedicate player status ... is a situational concept focus in progression in game vs the time you have for it!

+dedicate player : the player that already use a lot of time playing this game for a decent or overpower progression 

so maybe a player that have played the game all the time scince beta but havent invest much time in it is more like a casual player or even if he logged 24/7 but just zaap sit in alma doing nothing  is a casual player ....
lol c mon like in real life if you just cook eggs you cant say you are a chef lol even if your eggs are the best in town you cant cook any other thing but eggs ...you are  just a guy that cook awesome eggs thats all.(even if you have your own restaurant ..theres nothing like eggs chef ...chef must invest time learning much more than eggs-.-)

we cant get involved in absurd minority concepts we are talking in general about a game so we must come with general concepts, 

To be fair, i don't (and never) see how "faster" is equivalent to "easy".

Basically you could get to max level without doing any "hard" Content at all, if you just stick with it long enough. There is no barrier of needing to do Challenging Content for progressing in that way.

In the end it just requires a huge amount of time to get there, no matter if hardcore and doing challenging stuff or just being casual and progressing at a leisure.

Grind =/= Challenge
2 0
DanDrachenberg. to ease things almost always faster things 

if ankama make the game easier then for any player is easier get faster progression 

and btw it is not me the first one in this game comming accross with this dedicate/casual concept i already pick it because in game in this  6 years playing this was always a way to separate and distinguish a player from another one ... comparisons are always ugly but is need  for any game like this separate the playerbase into their focus goals 
+casual player : their instant schedule in game while logging is very random or very focus  but in the large term been overpower is not prior
+dedicate player : their instant schedule in game while logging is very specific or very random  but in large term their goal is to have overpower characters to make endgame content
been overpower is more related to grind  but also include in overpower those dedicate players that focus their game in professions .

so both have progression but the goal is just prior in the dedicate player.

i know many casual players that love to play just in beta because they have all there without any effort so they get safistfied just by do that time time in the year than really play the game .... i aslo can add that a casual player is similar in real life to the person that hate and dont pay taxes but love to complain about society.
0 -13
Score : 166

Progression is almost impossible if you're don't have a  booster, friends, time or patience.

5 0
Score : 766

mafelein|2020-03-05 03:52:40
 aslo can add that a casual player is similar in real life to the person that hate and dont pay taxes but love to complain about society.

Stop right there. Casual players don't complain much, cuz they have low investments compared to "dedicated" players.  You're also contradicting your past statements with this arguement. 

Paying taxes? Really? That's your comparison? your statement is too obtuse.

8 0