FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Experiment to See Wakfu from the PoV of a New Player

By Cerabina - MEMBER - January 28, 2020, 17:28:30
AnkaTracker
Reactions 77
Score : 751

Guess one way to make the party finder work is make it automatic, want to party for a dungeon? Click in JOIN and you will be added to the first party in list for the dungeon, no question asked.

And more importantly, Wakfu was made to play with others, Heroes may be a way to fill the hole but they will never work the same as a good old guild.

3 0
Score : 4900

Or good old pick-up groups

1 0
Score : -4675

ImperiumOfMan|2020-02-05 18:43:43
well gee im sorry but last time i checked the game is more than professions also if you're not lvling up why would you level your profession up? (for the record i am 130+ crafter and gatherer so i know how this grind works and if you think you dont need heroes for professions allow me to doubt your profession lvs as you need ALL possible drop rates you can get when crafting since many, many and MANY recipes need drops there and in massive quantities.

and you do realize were speaking about the early game and how its shown to new players here. And if youre new player and want to proceed in the game you pretty much need the booster unless you have a patience of a god soloing gobballs in the astrub with only astrub knight with you might get litle tiresome after a while (and yes i know you can have the trial sk too but its based on rotation so relving new sk every damn time it changes is not well a solution)

and yes you can mine for kamas but as iv now informing you yet again were talking early game here and mining on that lv range does absolutly nothing but frustrate oneself to quit the game also youre making fantastic assumption that the new players are in similar mindset you do relaise that VAST majority of players do not care for proffs at all if they did id be a lot less poorer since hardly a hour goes by when im not needed to craft something. ( i get what youre saying here that there are people who are in proffs and dont mind the slowness but those are the minority and the game needs ALL sorts of players and the alienation of MOST players is the problem what were discussing here)

about conversion stones i do not know what they go on nox but in here remi its 5-7 million kamas good luck mining that in below 80 in time frame where youd not be off that lv range before finishing the mining. You can a theme rising here so i let me ask you did you read the whole topic and responses before you decided to open yar trap and spout your mostly unrelated opinions in here ? coz i dont think you did.

as for the last point. Those are vanity items and not really related to surviving the early game.

The game is more than professions, but it's a sandbox. And so you see what perspective I'm coming from. I like earning kamas. If I was a character out of the Wakfu anime, I'd surely be Ruel.

I don't really want to get into all the specific of how I earn kamas or what I do to earn kamas... but as I said, there are low level recipes that can earn you lots of kamas. Here's a tip, most noobs and some experienced players don't even know that there's three seperate markets. Certain items that sell for low on Astrub, I sell for more on Nations market.

There's lots of stuff that newbs don't know in terms of this game, like multiboxing. I don't multibox, but if you don't want to pay for booster, you could literally run 4 toons just with 2 accounts and 2 Astrub Knights.

If you really want to help newbs, take actions were you teach them about the game and play with them. Invite noobs to your guild and teach them how to play, or start a guild where you help new players. Do anything and everything that will earn you mentorship tokens.

If you have the time, invest just 30min or an hour of your play sessions on helping and teaching new players.

You're talking about what Ankama does or doesn't do in terms of new players. But surely you could take actions yourself instead of relying on Ankama. I didn't like how Nox population got after enchantment update, so I changed servers instead of waiting for a server merge or complaining about it more on the forums.

Basically, practice what you preach. If you think Ankama isn't doing enough to help new players, go help new players yourself instead of asking someone else to do it. If you want something done right, do it yourself.
0 -2
Score : 1912

It is not job of the player base to fix a product, especially we do not have access to tools to fix it. The game has fundamental design problems running over a multitude of systems and mechanics we the players cant do anything to fix theese.

if i could i would since i love this game even after all these years. Also no one asked how you make kamas and that still is not relevant unless framed into context how just starting player below lv 80 can make the kama needed hotfix the early game via booster and i will argue to my dying breath that chances of one doing it before leaving the lv range even if provided with all information on earth how to do it would lead to couple outcomes for most people

1.st quitting as mining will ramp up slowly and to mine really efficent you need to do myriad of other stuff and even then it would take a absolutely hilarious amount of time to mine 5 milj

2.nd giving up but still playing but as mentioned multiple times in this very thread if you have nothing of value to do odds are youre going to quit shortly i have seen this myself to happen A LOT

as iv already mentioned before i do actually make an effort to help others i lv people , give them advice, help them understand mechanics, direct em to best sources of exp and give vast ammounts of resources to starting players. Iv given more than 10 milj last year alone to people iv randomly met who have the new player icon coz its been my policy for the longest of times to give minum of 100kk to any new player whos made it out of astrub zones or about to leave it.

do any of em still play? a handful yes but the vast majority simply quit and thats in the design and mechanics of the game

5 -2
Score : 1

it disturbs me the lack of a response from ankama. i would like an opinion pensive

0 0

Hi Vancerino,

We've been following the discussion in this thread and we'd like to thank everyone for their constructive feedback. We've been open with our plans as you can read in our devblogs and surveys. We can confirm that we don't have any plans to release a monoaccount server.

[Flatops]

Score : -2988

Cerabina|2020-01-29 00:06:27
Yes, i honestly dont get, how they can mess up such a basic feature which you find in so many Online-Games today. Especially considering that Dungeons play such an important Role in accquiring good Gear, and are also a nice source of Exp.

I have seriously no clue how i would even want to finish the first 2 steps of the Life of the Hunter Quest on this... i most likely would just quit.

being fair, the life of hunter quest is very long and i have not finished it after playing for years. its something you can do if you have friends or a team to do all the dungeons. the quest does ask you to do everything.
0 0
Score : 481

Or you just Six Box/2 Hero Acc and do it by yourself...

Which is just another way to show how much of an huge advantage it is to not play this Game with a Single Character.

1 -3

Waifurry|2020-02-07 23:25:01
No monoaccount so... the MMO aspect remains dead :c

Considering that they brought in the Heroes System years ago, it seems pretty clear that they have no intention in changing the Situation. The best way to play the Game currently is basically with Heroes, which require the more expensive Subscription to be used. Pretty simple concept i guess.
1 0
Score : 671

They get a lot of money from the heroes system, but I think its a mistake, you know "bread for today, hunger for tomorrow"

7 0
Score : 346

This is a fantastic post and does sum up the Wakfu experience really well. I have played the Dofus since 2007 and Wakfu since beta (though you couldn't tell from my current character list). 

The game is rough, to say the least. Finding other players for decent content had always been an obstacle with your only option being finding a guild. Even then. The likelihood of them wanting to run low level content with you was just not there, often preferring you to plevel. You could play the game solo but it will easily take you MONTHS of grinding repetitive fights just to make a dent with little to no sense of accomplishment. Whoo hoo! I hit level 100! Time to continue grinding!

Not having an easily available way of tackling dungeons solo means they are basically blocked off. You can't take part in it because the game is basically dead. Not many will use the dungeon finder, as mentioned, because there isn't any reward for doing so. By the time you've found others to play with you, you would have likely leveled a number of times to get you into the next bracket. 

I LOVE the universe and lore behind it all, the characters are so loveable but it does feel like pulling teeth just to play and level up. My only saving grace for coming back a 5th time is that I have suckered my wife into playing the game with me, and I KNOW FOR A FACT she feels it's really tedious and repetitive. I am honestly trying to find ways she can enjoy the game, Ankama, but I am quickly running out of points of attraction in the game.

8 0

You really convinced someone playing this game with you?

I tried this in the past in both, Dofus and Wakfu, and got a good couple of people to try them. I think the highest product of this was a lvl 40 in Dofus.

In the beginning it is all bright and shinny, and feels like on of the best Games ever! But once they start to reveal the core, the motivation usually falls short pretty quick. And after they all learned how much they would need to grind to even just get a somewhat decent level, they are all gone anyways... basically the experience of like 99% of the players who tried Wakfu out.

2 0

ZEPHYR-3000|2020-02-08 12:26:12
They get a lot of money from the heroes system, but I think its a mistake, you know "bread for today, hunger for tomorrow"

The Hero-System was basically the point where they openly (or atleast even more now!) confirmed that you need to Play multiple Characters to go anywhere. You could also read it as "We noticed that currently playing in a regular way is not viable anymore for most players. So we have a Solution, coming at a cost".

@Melonnissise

Exactly my thoughts! The Thing is, if you are really just playing a single character you atleast have the option to take some time off, or even play f2p if you really want. But once you are buying into the heroes game, it means you have to keep the subscription active, to play youre group of 3 or even 6 to keep going. Took a month off?

Well... no Heroes for you, until you pay the booster(s) again! Can't play a lot this month? Well bad for you... still need new booster(s) after!

Dont get me wrong, i can afford paying for 2 God Boosters every Month if i really want. But i feel stupid for doing it, because it means i pay up to 24€ each Month, to play an MMO Game by myself, just because of the hilarious Downward-Spirale it is on since Years now. And then there is also no guarantee that the Game will still be here for a few more Years, since they could always decide to finally pull the plug! Maybe this Year... maybe next Year... maybe if Waven releases... you never know!

So i can definately understand if people say that Heroes are a requirement to play this Game without pulling youre Hair out. And yes, in some way they ARE P2W, because the difference between a f2p Player and a God Booster Player (With 2 Accounts) is so terribly huge that you cant call it differently.

Everyone who is denying this, is either clueless or lying straight through their teeth while being in Denial!

It is not like i think that f2p Players should get everything as fast as the paying ones (That is not how Business works, and only very few big F2P Devs can afford going the full cosmetic route without ending up bankrupt!).

But if you would explain a fresh player this System and let them dive into the Game a bit, the chance of them staying in the Game for a longer time becomes even lower.
2 0
Score : 1064

Very high cost, $27/month. If there was a rated list of the most expensive online games to play Wakfu would be near the top. F2P is just a smokescreen, you can play the game for free but it's like climbing a mountain while the $27/month people slide down the mountain.

5 0

Yes this is only anecdotal experience, but over the last week, not a single person accept my group request when i try to get them to do dungeons below level 50

6 -2

Captchphrase|2020-02-09 15:49:14
There are people that enjoy climbing a mountain, as long the mountain is pretty and there're not exorbitant fees though.

That is the exact Problem. It feels like an artificial issue with the option of a more expensive fee solution. And then some may Wonder that barely anyone wants to keep playing the Game...
1 0

ZEPHYR-3000|2020-02-08 13:26:12

i dont think they get that much money from it. All things consired wakfu is most likely bleeding money and maeby ocasioannly getting on green making it just barely worth maintaining. Basing this on lack of players, costs of upkeep and that people need to be paid and frances very high tax rate

when you add all of this i would be very surprised if wakfu is actually generating proffit.

also the ankama has started to dabble in lootboxes a lot more this is what paladins did when they were in their red phase when the game did not generate proffit they added cards unbound and tried to monetise with rng and puting cards on lootboxes (they were there already but you culd craft any card at any time with barely any effort and any card had automatically all lvs of it)

3 0

It has to be worth something, why keep the game alive if its not generating anything?

2 0

ImperiumOfMan|2020-02-09 18:39:20

ZEPHYR-3000|2020-02-08 13:26:12

i dont think they get that much money from it. All things consired wakfu is most likely bleeding money and maeby ocasioannly getting on green making it just barely worth maintaining. Basing this on lack of players, costs of upkeep and that people need to be paid and frances very high tax rate

when you add all of this i would be very surprised if wakfu is actually generating proffit.

also the ankama has started to dabble in lootboxes a lot more this is what paladins did when they were in their red phase when the game did not generate proffit they added cards unbound and tried to monetise with rng and puting cards on lootboxes (they were there already but you culd craft any card at any time with barely any effort and any card had automatically all lvs of it)

I share this Opinion. A while ago they even openly admitted that Wakfu is not running good.
Also i would really like to see how many High-Level Players activly playing this Game for Real... I think that the amount is much lower as some want us to believe! Since the High Levels, if they even talk out loud, usually have even more Problems in finding Players, since most of the others are not playing anymore or just quit long before they even got their.

They are usually the ones more likely to buy Hero Boosters, since that is the Point where even having active Friends and a Guild won't get you anyway anymore. Basically the End-Game Situation is even worse as for the lower level Players.
2 0

I share this Opinion. A while ago they even openly admitted that Wakfu is not running good.
Also i would really like to see how many High-Level Players activly playing this Game for Real... I think that the amount is much lower as some want us to believe! Since the High Levels, if they even talk out loud, usually have even more Problems in finding Players, since most of the others are not playing anymore or just quit long before they even got their.

They are usually the ones more likely to buy Hero Boosters, since that is the Point where even having active Friends and a Guild won't get you anyway anymore. Basically the End-Game Situation is even worse as for the lower level Players.

ironicly. the grouping problem is kinda non existant and meta does basicly force you into neat litle box where you need certain classes and in case of remi almost all players belonging to unofficial discrod getting a party in 200 consisting on purely individual lv 200 is not hard but actually more or less pretty common thats not to say people dont use, heroesmany people absolutely will but the need for heroes is a lot smaller in 200 due to high % of players already being lv 200 and gearing alts is no picnic if you think obtaining the optimal gear for 200 is hard try doing that for 6and not to mention the sublimations they are strong and very much wanted items but are most players going to have their solo teams full suplimied? im gona air on the side no but their mains? absolutely as as much bad rep the enchant system has it has its + sides the ability to custom your build to insane degree is actually prettu darn fun.i myself im working on 12 ap and 8 mp rogue with all the survival and dmg negation just coz the idea sounds absolutly fantasicly dum and because i can
1 0
Score : 1424

I'm not playing atm but I do check forums every once in a while.
Heroes are expensive. I compare the FFXIV cost to heroes and just feel like Nah...
Sidekicks being meh dropped my interest a fair amount.

grouping doesn't seem worth it.

I think the gameplay itself is awesome....for a single player game with online features.
As an MMO it seems cumbersome to group and the mass grind can be unappealing and well ironically makes the multiboxing seem attractive. When you first start of it is kinda cool but there are so many limitations on what you can do at any given moment until you level up a bit to get some passives and spells.

Then you get into how weird I guess some stuff is.

Like the tanking meta is kind of...confusing. You pick a DPT already simple enough.
You look at what is stated to be able to tank vs what actually tanks...and it feels like there is a disconnect.

4 0

ZEPHYR-3000|2020-02-10 01:46:39
It has to be worth something, why keep the game alive if its not generating anything?

because it can be on situation where it is barely worth it. theres multitude of reasons why bleeding game can be sensible to keep up from pr to plans to revitalise it. Also many many many games and especially mmos operate on loss from time to time usually on launch years tho

point being just because its bleeding doesn't mean it has no value or no sense to keep it up.
2 0

ImperiumOfMan|2020-02-11 04:03:00

ZEPHYR-3000|2020-02-10 01:46:39

because it can be on situation where it is barely worth it. theres multitude of reasons why bleeding game can be sensible to keep up from pr to plans to revitalise it. Also many many many games and especially mmos operate on loss from time to time usually on launch years tho

point being just because its bleeding doesn't mean it has no value or no sense to keep it up.

They just have other Games, like Dofus, bringing in the Profit.

But still, props to Ankama for not closing Wakfu yet. Most other Companies would have cut it off a long time ago already... Considering that they try to revamp the Game since Years now, without any noticable Gain.
0 0

Me in 2012 thinking that subscription based games are a complete waste of money and all of them will be dead in 2020... how fool I was... BUT SERIOUSLY WHY? there are a lot of free to play games with better monetization, why are subscription based mmorpgs still a thing?

0 0

As much as I like some of the things I like doing on a single player basis, like crafting and earning kamas and such. I very much believe that this is MMO game. And I have been trying to get groups for low level dungeons.

Ankama did their job, they created a great sandbox MMO. Sure it's not perfect, but like any other MMO game, the game is based on the community. I'm part of that community, so is everyone else here. It's up to all of US really to make the game's community great. That's not on Ankama, that's on everyone here including me.

If you feel strongly about this game, do something about it. Ask a friend to come play. Teach a noob. Be a little bit more social. Play with someone you wouldn't otherwise play with.

The best form of advertising is word of mouth. This is a fact.

If you don't agree with me, don't get angry with me, engage me, talk to me. Convince me of otherwise like a calm civilized person.

3 -1

smorespie|2020-02-16 00:09:32
As much as I like some of the things I like doing on a single player basis, like crafting and earning kamas and such. I very much believe that this is MMO game. And I have been trying to get groups for low level dungeons.

Ankama did their job, they created a great sandbox MMO. Sure it's not perfect, but like any other MMO game, the game is based on the community. I'm part of that community, so is everyone else here. It's up to all of US really to make the game's community great. That's not on Ankama, that's on everyone here including me.

If you feel strongly about this game, do something about it. Ask a friend to come play. Teach a noob. Be a little bit more social. Play with someone you wouldn't otherwise play with.

The best form of advertising is word of mouth. This is a fact.

If you don't agree with me, don't get angry with me, engage me, talk to me. Convince me of otherwise like a calm civilized person.

I am not even disagree with you.

But the fact is, i tried to make people play Dofus/Wakfu with me in the past. They all left very quickly, once they realized what the Game is about. Basically any Gamer of today will atleast know a couple of other Games in which he can have fun without needing to grind his ass off for hundreds of hours before he can grind even more, just on a higher level.

It is not like i, or other people, don't tried to get new Players into the Game. There ARE new players here and there, actually many over the years. But almost nobody of them is convinced to stay in the Game.

Even on other and non-korean style Games it can already be annoying enough to maintain a constant Group of Players to regularly do Content. It is natural! Sometimes you can be happy if you keep a Group of like 4 people or so together for a few weeks constantly if at all...

And now take Wakfu, where you would need to have a Group of up to 6 People doing the same Content over and over for Months without throwing the Towel! Even worse if you consider the nature of Wakfus Gameplay. Since playing with 5 other people means that you only really "play" every few Minutes if it is youre turn. Which is another Reason why people like heroes and Multi-Boxing, because they can actually play, and don't just look at it for atleast 5/6 of the Fights.

Just a few of many reasons why people will most likely not stay in the Game. Especially not if they have to deal with this for hundreds of hours to even reach End-Game.
4 0
Respond to this thread