FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Experiment to See Wakfu from the PoV of a New Player

By Cerabina - MEMBER - January 28, 2020, 17:28:30
AnkaTracker

2 Days ago i decided to make a little experiment, basically to see how Wakfu currently feels and plays from the perspective from a new Player, who only plays with a single Character.

My Experience with the current Incarnam was quite pleasant, since i think it serves as a interesting starting area and also explains things somewhat decently. Though, those ability to change Classes up there... i don't know if it will really make that much. Since the first few tutorial Levels are not necessarily enough room and time to really get a clue if you want to play that Class longer. But well...

I found someone for the Dungeon via the Dungeon Search this time (Yeah... in rare occasion that thing is worth something!). So we did that Dungeon and chated a bit... nothing special.

Well, go for Astrub now! This is where the pain starts. Beside from following the Quests, there seems to be no direction on where to go or what to do. Assuming i have no experience at this point, i might would just go and slay some Mobs and stuff...

Ok, now i decide that my Gear is not as great as i want it to be. Also i took the Life of a Hunter Quest from Otomais Disciple! Doing 3 Dungeons for a cool reward? YES! Count me in... well... This time the Dungeon Finder only lists people being offline. So i stay in front of the Dungeon for an hour, and try to find people doing it with me.

Well, there are people running around, and doing the Dungeon. But nobody cares about me... Guess they all do it with their Side-Kicks, Guild-Mates or Heroes. So in total it took me over 3 Hours of continously searching via the Dungeon Search (It still sucks!), and trying to get people to do that with me...

In the end finally i got someone and we could do it. Well... and then i already lost interest to go any further, considering that just doing a damn lvl 12 Dungeon was such a Pain in the ***, that i feel like this Game is wasting my Time on a Level that even a shitty and repetitive Real-Life Job looks like something i want to jump out of the bed in the morning and Sing "Hallelujah"!.

I guess some of the Elitistic Minority now could come up with explanations and excuses like "It is not for you" (which would also be a bit ironic since i played Dofus and Wakfu for countless Hundreds of Hours and more), but then i would want to ask, for which kind of player is this Game made? For those that want some kind of second Full-Time Job or something?

Anything from this Experiment of mine here just reminds me how much of a Pain it is to play this Game today, if you don't atleast have Heroes or, even 2 Heroes Accounts! So it is not surprising that there are many new Players (yes there are new players always!) which just won't make it far, once they realize how damn grindy this Game is.

And keep in mind, we still talk about the low level part here... Someone who gets frustrated here, will for sure not be interested to get to the later part where they have to do 1-2 Hour Dungeons a dozen times to get that one Item they need.

Maybe for the most of Hardcore Players with huge Dedication and many hours a day this is all great and whatever. But for the vast majority of Players it will be just a huge turnoff. And the worst Part about this is, i had no clue how to even change this, if i had the ability to change anything in theory.

There is a Reason that this Game had to merge and cut down on Servers over the last Couple of Years (My old one was a victim of this too!), and that it fails to attract a bigger Playerbase. And i guarantee you it is NOT because of the lack of Advertisment or anything. There ARE new players... most of them just leave way before the Mid or End-Game though...

18 -1
First Ankama intervention

Replying to Vancerino

Hi Vancerino,

We've been following the discussion in this thread and we'd like to thank everyone for their constructive feedback. We've been open with our plans as you can read in our devblogs and surveys. We can confirm that we don't have any plans to release a monoaccount server.

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 77
Score : 1511

I mean i agree with you.. Dungies being in the world and having optional finder is neat and all but if no one uses it or has _any_ incentive to use it.. why would you use it ?

Coz early stasis is 3 mannable with heroes and if one really goes booring route 2 accos is well easy and with in the tos..

solution? revamp the dungeon finder and give rewards for using it.

Example: make finder look for dungeon lv groups once group is finded for that lv group let em decide in party chat or with vote and succesful downing could yield better pp or i dont know tokens ala mentor system or anything that would get someone to use it.

current wakfu does not encourage randoms grouping at all its often smarter to solo dungeons with your heroes than take anyone with you.

Cerabina|2020-01-29 00:06:27
Yes, i honestly dont get, how they can mess up such a basic feature which you find in so many Online-Games today. Especially considering that Dungeons play such an important Role in accquiring good Gear, and are also a nice source of Exp.

I have seriously no clue how i would even want to finish the first 2 steps of the Life of the Hunter Quest on this... i most likely would just quit.

i feel ya.. i mean making als have proper function was step in right move but new players or heck even some of the old ones dont quite understand why they should run em and when they do.. well you need high stasis for ladder spot and well mc chikennugget jr who just made hes iop and reached lv 25..well yeah hes not getting on board

i think the ladder system shud just change to something as clear theese on high stasis to get the end of the month rewards.

revamped finder and ladder being turned into objective instead of just rush with 2 people in full heroes and proper gear or dont bother.
2 0
Score : 519

Yes, i honestly dont get, how they can mess up such a basic feature which you find in so many Online-Games today. Especially considering that Dungeons play such an important Role in accquiring good Gear, and are also a nice source of Exp.

I have seriously no clue how i would even want to finish the first 2 steps of the Life of the Hunter Quest on this... i most likely would just quit.

0 0
Score : 163

Would be great if they could give you relevant XP for any level dungeon and use the ALS to keep it challenging, and provide a small wisdom and prospecting buff that multiplies by the number of separate players in a party (rewarding you for playing with others, and balancing out the loss of 2 hero slots worth of drops).

If it was worth my time to run dungeons with other people I would, but in higher levels the difficulty scale ramps up a bit fast, and the lower stuff is quicker and easier to smash through with my alts to farm resources than to help someone else through leveling. As it is, unless you have a high level friend to help you through the dungeons at level, they're only a source of frustration as you can't complete the hunter quests and mercenary quests until you're well past their reward levels. Sure it's great to have that sweet otamai legendary chest, but by the time you get it, its only good for your alts. The dungeon system needs to be overhauled to be balanced for 3 man teams (perhaps as an option to select along with stasis), perhaps more so than a new dungeon group finder is needed (since people don't use it anyways).

3 0

Maybe an adjustment with the Stasis Levels could also help. So that running sub 11 would open up some possibility for not full teams to complete Dungeon.

But i guess the main Problem is not even just "doing" a certain Dungeon. The Problem is that you have to do it again and again if you want the drops, and with the situations i described above, it will just multiplicate into a cascade of pain and wasting time with trying to always find people or have friends guild mates online to do that specific dungeon. Especially if it comes to the higher levels where the population around massively decreases.

0 0
Score : 236

I have to agree with this. I feel like without Heroes you are not going anywhere in any foreseeable time frame.

5 0
Score : 4845

Honestly I think mking the group serch more user friendly would go a long way (for example applying and searching for avalabile players by level groups).
I wrote  whole post on how they could improve it https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/35-suggestions/236861-group-finder-complaints-suggestions

1 0
Score : 1232

agree , they must change this at least to get the new players interest in go further , i respect they want the game slow , just because i got crush with games such as old version dungeons and dragons table game ...they slow progression and the roll part still works for me in this game . there still many ways to power level  even if now is harder to do fast .

that feeling is also at endgame when you play alone with one character and you get 200 level ... many hours just to get a team and harder when you want to do ultimate bosses such as ogrest ,nogrod or shadowfang , .... at this point you also need a 200mk set just to be someone in game or some others prefer get op version of adjust lvl maybe 50mk and no intention of do endgame at all.

people just prefer to keep trying or doing whith the team that works and is very hard just to carry an unknown player .....

also this enhancement is designed for maybe a very populated game , but in this moment that system is just erosion almost until desert , relevant gear just dont exist almost in markets because the little groups of players that use to grind game 24/7 just use that gear for them to improve self teams and of course their friends ..... game is hard at this point  and thats not the annoying thing ...the annoying thing is that ankama knows these feelings for long ago and the recepie they still using is still punishing players .

being great starts looking all great and try to push that on others not the contrary.... want the game continue like this?love your RNG system? then ankama  buff classes instead of nerfing , hire good programmers that balance this game not only focus on players push to buy 200lvl class change scroll,
be transparent with players , ethics , morals ....fssss is a long list  this game have much potential as it is just need a good leader above the team .

make us feel more ++++++ that we already are  for all the time waste on this game is pollitically incorrect and brings just bad comments about the company .

best regards

GOUG

3 0
Score : 8998

The EXP curve has been the topic of discussion for quite some time, and the slow grind has been bashed a lot aswell, respectively the GD's would probably agree with you on that point, as it can be very time consuming to reach a level in which content becomes more fulfilling, but no one knows if they expect to change this

In my opinion, the game only truly takes off at lv80, At this point higher level players doing ALS becomes more frequent, due to the presence of an UB, aswell as Battlefields opening up for this range
Though there is Lv50 content in Mineral Tower even earlier that can be done with 3 people

Though i have to agree that with the updating of newer content, its hard to see the point of players ever banding together for a lv12 dungeon, or anything Pre-Level 50, the party searcher really doesnt work, and the only fix would really be to allow a smoother grind until you get a bit higher up

As for the grind overall, i don't know what to tell you, some people enjoy going on the dungeon run to make progress, sometimes getting the item you want, sometimes you won't
Monster Hunter: World, Follows pretty much this same playstyle, if you dont enjoy grinding for your set and exploring your class deeper to take on harder challenges, then yeah, im gonna be that elitist guy that says "this game isnt for you"

I can only think of two solutions to the problem you face, and they aren't overall good ones
1) Would be to adjust the exp curve so it isn't quite as bad as it currently is, so youre not sitting in low level areas where no one wants to play with you
2) would be to make lower level dungeons a bit more exciting, maybe a simplistic low level UB that would make higher level players be more drawn to this level range

1 0

The main issue for many starting this game is that the low lvs becomes an unpassable wall since you cant get groups for low lv dungies and if you cant get groups you get bored and stop. Harsh but thats how it works if game dosent provide any fun why would someone play it?

i agree with the game opens up at the 80 lv but id wager many who starts the game never reach there, sad part is that if this game had proper dungeon finder the low exp and slow start wouldnt be a issue since youd be progressing thro the dungie but since no one uses it new players just ask foor boosting in eca,alma and what not get lv 50 ish and stop (iv personally seen this happen myself at least 50 times over the years since i do make an effort to go to starter areas to help people and talk to many of em and bout 1 week later ill remove the names from frendlist since theyve stopped.

there also was a stream about someone trying to get back to wakfu after years a well know youtuber actually part of the smuchksquad does abridged seven deadly sins parody and hes pain was visible as he tried to re learn the game. he had lv80 toon and he opted to redo tutorials and from lv 1 and he looked more confused and very bored doing and trying to play the game early lvs. (stream itself was pretty fun tho you can find it on their youtube still)

3 0
Score : -4710

What if someone came to this game and only wanted to do the crafting? Collecting materials and making stuff.

Wakfu is very much an open world game, complete with player made items and player housing. Like how many MMO games let you impact the environment around you as much as Wakfu does? Great sandbox. Also very old school in my humble opinion, so the grind sort of comes with the territory.

I would also like to point out that for the small cost of a starter pack, you get a HUGE value. Lumino minion, which lets you run group of three with Astrub Knight. White Sadida Bag (30 slots) AND NOW +100 to the Haven Bag chest, HUGE inventory upgrade. Literally if you spent money on this game once and only once, this pack is more than worth it.

And if you truly wanted to start from nothing, now there's conversion stones + mining.

Wakfu already follows model of any other free to play game, put in enough time and you get stuff. Like you can literally convert ingame time for ogrines through conversion stones. 

I also think you're still ignoring how "old school" Wakfu is and how if you're playing a single toon you could be grinding packs of mobs past the time you outlevel them or how you can earn items via collecting seeds. Considering ALS and the items you can win over any level range, you really can earn lots of kamas over any level range and this is much more accessible to players than I think they want to admit. 
You're problem is with the pacing if anything in my opinion. Yet may systems in Wakfu are long term, like leveling up pets and mounts.

1 -4

The thing is. If a game doesn't provide meaningful gameplay experience and satisfying gameplay loop why on earth would you gamble by buying packs in vain hopes of game getting better.

sure that help but that's absolutely the wrong angle to approach the issue if you need to throw money on f2p game on starting hours to make it bearable youv done the game balance and design horrrrrrribly wrong the idea of f2p is to hook the player with its free content to make one spent money on it,

and if you need to monetisation before the player has any damn idea about the game well.. you can see why its not working by observing the player numbers (no game can survive with the existing player base they need new blood always but if new blood dosent stay and the old one bleeds out..)

6 -1
Score : 2015

well, we could start by having a new MONOACCOUNT server.

4 -2
Score : 1178

Yes
Or create a mono account "Booster." Please support my idea here https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/35-suggestions/238488-shop-legend-booster

Quoting myself
Mono account booster

Locks your account as a mono account (cannot use heroes)
Gives you +100% more final damage and final(?) resists.
Bonus kamas at end of fights
+2AP, +2mp, +1WP
*Values are theoretical, up to devs how much final damage/final resists is good enough to justify $15

This game badly needs to return to a state of promoting the need to work together. Being able to play 1 character opens up roleplaying a bit more. A Legend character like this would be able to fill any role (except maybe healer). Ultimately it gives the player freedom to start as any race they want without the fear of needing the "correct group composition." The group meta is the source and the core of why people rather not interact with the rest of the community.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, I'm just trying to find solutions to bringing in new and returning players to this game.

2 -5
Score : 1161
https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/8-general-discussions/238382-small-nations-make-me-sad

There I commented about me convincing my friends who never played the game to try it out the game, in summary even with a 6 team comp it was not a great experience, Incarnam? easy, astrub only the ducking Royal Tofu, was dangerous, however, the pain started at lvl 36, when there are only 3 dungeons avaliable, 2 of them broken due absurd resist, the Cracklers and the Moogrr... even with a 6 team comp it was hard

Keep in mind that I was the only experienced player, the other 5 players where complitely new, I had to explain A LOT of stuff for them

I think there are 4 things that are killing the game slowly

1- Hero System
2- Lack of Low lvl content (zones to explore and more dungs with a fair challange)
3- Lack of actual tutorials to explain the systems for new players
4- The enchanting system

If it was me, I remove entirely the Hero System from every server, but that will cause lots of people going insane, so with the server Merge, I propose a Monoaccount server being launched alongside, and for the low level problem... again if it was me I de-worked the Nations, I'm not going to miss a thing from the new ones, but again, lots of people like the new relics. so idk, maybe adding those dungeons as an HC alternative to the old ones? (also I really like the new mines, so I will keep that just to prove ankama that we are not like those "new bad old good" people, if it works it works that's my point)
8 0

Well the cracklers are meant to be tough due to their mechanics, they becaome much more manegable when you break their armour, an moogrs if you keep crushing their poop.

But yeah I agree with the lack of tutorials and low lvl content, I'm neutral about the hero system, yes it makes players play with less people but it's mcuh easier to find 1-3 guys then 5, the real problem is people running 2 accounts with heroes at once to play solo. But yeah I wouldn't be sad if they removed it.

As for enchanting system, it looks fine to me, it only gets annoying at high levels and endgame people just need something to pass the time even if it's annoying.

2 0

ImperiumOfMan|2020-02-03 16:05:06
The thing is. If a game doesn't provide meaningful gameplay experience and satisfying gameplay loop why on earth would you gamble by buying packs in vain hopes of game getting better.

sure that help but that's absolutely the wrong angle to approach the issue if you need to throw money on f2p game on starting hours to make it bearable youv done the game balance and design horrrrrrribly wrong the idea of f2p is to hook the player with its free content to make one spent money on it,

and if you need to monetisation before the player has any damn idea about the game well.. you can see why its not working by observing the player numbers (no game can survive with the existing player base they need new blood always but if new blood dosent stay and the old one bleeds out..)

Who said anything about spending money on something you don't want spend money on? I made a suggestion to make things easier for one's self, I didn't say someone MUST buy anything. I even mentioned how this game has become friendlier to people who don't want to pay a single cent, you know, conversion stones. You literally completely ignore the fact I mention people can already play this game without spending a cent and can still get stuff for Ogrines... but oh well.

F2P isn't a charity or communism, it's a business model... as in a company is trying to earn an income. What's wrong with people actually spending money on a F2P game? Without an income, Ankama would surely just shut down Wakfu servers.

The gameplay is just as meaningful and repetitive as any other MMO honestly. More meaningful than most, considering players are free to do much more in this game than many other MMO games. I can craft many items and get many items via seeds without stepping a single foot in a dungeon, that alone makes this game very different and there really are many ways to reach the same goals in this game.

Meaningful? Like the main activities in a game like World of Warcraft are raids, dungeons, quests, pvp, auction house, crafting, pokemon. Wakfu lets you manipulate the environment around you, it offers player housing, the auction houses and economy are meaningful and real. 

Mechanism already exists for f2p players to earn ogrines
0 -5

did you not read what i said?

The fact that you _need_ booster and packs to survive the early game was the point here and i have nothing against monetization f2p when done right heck i am whale here

THE PROBLEM was that a person who just started the game needs to consider buying packs or booster to be able to play the game and a starting player has no real reason nor should have to spend money on a game he doesn't know yet if he's committing into it.

just read what someone types and take time to comprehend youre just spouting things without any consideration for the  actual context here.

Edit: to twist the iron thread as straight as god damn possible: we here are talking about early game and its meaningful and combat loops and over all engagement all what you listed are not really in the early game and therefore not relevant to this discussion the fact that i have to explain it just makes my head hurt.

p.s are you really saying someone in the early game below lv 80 can make 5 milj to buy conversion stone.. just jeesus

4 -1

ImperiumOfMan|2020-02-03 22:15:48
the mono account server would a dangerous gamble.. 1st youd have to get people to come there and who would abandon their main toons and stuff obtained in the main server to come on to lesser experience (you can have opinion about the hero system but it is a integral part of the game now and it missing would make mono server by very definition less than existing servers)

not only would you have a smaller player base on this new server you would not have the hot glued solution hero system is making playing on that server a literal hell..

what they need is a complete overhaul for early game and functional group finders that have reason to be used. (wakfu has and will for ever have a small playerbase especially since ankama seems not to understand what marketing is and how to do it so their only bet to make this work is to have high lv players and low lv players to meet up and currently there is 0 reason to high lv player to do any below 65-80 content with group finder with als enabled)

also just remake the tutorial zone.. that place is so damn amazingly boring that its very existence is a  just a complete clustertruckexplosion for the mind. Like at least make a new audio design for it the 5 sec interval happening haunting tofu sound and echos in there.. this might just be me but going there makes me want to close the game..

Take a look at Monoaccount servers on Dofus, the other tactics MMORPG from Ankama. Everybody around me used to say that nobody would play on Monoaccount servers and nowadays those servers are the most populated ones.
3 -2

Cant comment on that i dont know the history of dofus and its mechanics compared to wakfu as i never played it.

my point is ultimately we have a small community here is there any point on splitting it down even further since the point of a merge is to get a server with healthy population

2 -4
Score : 5

Monoaccount sucks 

3 -6
Score : 1161

Oh right I will change my mind thanks to this well structured comment, what a genius, if a monoaccount server opens multiaccount players will not be afected AT ALL, since they already play the game alone

6 -3

ZEPHYR-3000|2020-02-04 14:54:27
And why is that community small in the first place? cuz the hero system removes the social aspect from an mmorpg and you NEED that social aspect to keep a big community in a Masive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

I just don't get why you are against a monoaccount server, it will be better for veterans and for new players (specially will be better for new players)

.. do you not remember why they added hero system in the 1st place? it was to counter the dwindling player base the player base was bleeding out waaaay before they added heroes. The heros were hot glued solution in this problem as it gave people the possibility to play the game even when player base was becoming ever smaller. (if you dont id like to point out in history of wakfu i still keenly recall waaaaay back in the day when they added heal resistance and many in my immediate fl was furious and i lost over 3rd of my friendslist when that came to live server and that WAS JUST HEALING HAVING RESISTANCE now imagine them taking off a function from the game dosent matter what your stance of the function is. Its there some people like it and some people would be utterly furious and leave)

claiming the hero system is cause rather than continuation is just false. I do agree that game would be better if mono was there but i dont personally think this game would survive if they added just mono server, why you ask?

population.. this is where it comes down to wakfu does not have enough people to justify a specialty server and implementing Remington for example to be mono server would create needless friction between factions than want it and those that do not meaning players would leave and as stated before wakfu cant take that loss especially since the server would now be mono and so even less possible party chances ( you can have opinions about heros but the undeniable fact is that heroes do add value that value can be for better or worse but it is value none the less)

and if they chose to do server merge + a mono server that would be counter-intuitive since the whole point of the merge is to get 1 server with healthy player count splitting that to possibly in half would make the merge utterly meaningless

despite the myriad of evidence to the opposite i am a realist and making mono server in this state of the game would quite possibly make things worse as they still do not market the bloody game and therefore have almost nonexisting flood of new players.

this is why my solution would be having low and high lv player do common content(1st step being revamping group finder) and sloowly moving low lv players up and then start heavy marketing for the game to get new people in and repeating the earlier step.

i just know i will get lot of down votes for this but if youre going to downvote me at least tell me why as im not a fan of just - because you dont agree on as i prefer actual diolog when discussing things (not aimed at you who im quating but iv noted that people tend to down vote posts without any replies to em that is confusing for me)
2 -5

What are the facts: 
1 - When they included a monoaccount server on Dofus the TOTAL AMOUNT OF PLAYERS IN THE GAME INCREASED
2 - people did LEFT THEIR MAXED LEVEL CHARACTERS TO START FRESH IN  A MONOACCOUNT SERVER
3 - MONOACCOUNT SERVERS HAVE MORE PEOPLE THAN OTHER SERVERS

you think that merging the server will solve the issue, but having many servers is not the problem, the PROBLEMS are:
- new players don't find groups to learn about the game
- the gearing system works only if you play with 6 characters
- there is a huge lack of content, and the content that we have need a good group to be done, which also is a reason for players that don't use 6 characters to stop playing at all
- classes are TERRIBLY balanced, the META IS CLEAR and we have classes that fit great in more than one role and others that barely fit in any role at all
- crafting system requires WAY TOO MUCH ITEMS FOR A TACTICS GAME, which PUTS PEOPLE THAT PLAYS WITH 6 CHARACTERS IN ADVANTAGE AGAIN

The list can go on with ENCHANTING SYSTEM, PVP, etc... 

Server merge will not solve that, IT IS NECESSARY, YES! but it is quite clear that the bigger problems are being neglected 

9 -1
Score : 67

So, I've been putting around in this community for quite a long time.  Hi there.  No one knows who I am, so I'll introduce myself.

I'm a player from back in 2012.  Yes, from *that* far back.  I was around during the beta, and I LOVED the game.  So here I am, eight years later and I'm playing the game with a few friends who have never played it.

It's an honestly alienating experience.  To say nothing of the fact that I'm coming back to a game that has had a lot of the features moved around or stripped down into a simple form; I see that there are basically no early level people to actually play with.  The beginning areas have been streamlined, and I noticed that the old Warring Nations mechanic is all but gone.  (And I'm guessing Brakmar won, since they seem to own EVERYTHING.)

The game seems like a haze; like parts of it are still there yet major pieces of it are missing.  What the hell happened?

3 -1

They copy pasted the nations into the same layout. It was their solution to doing away with the "capitals."

In attempt to ressurect the game they nuked one of their more endearing concepts. These remade nations are more way too chaotic with npcs running around like insects than anything. As for the environment and fauna outside it? That's also a mess now, turning iconic environments into coloring book jigsaw puzzles.

2 -1

Huezildo|2020-02-04 21:16:11
What are the facts: 
1 - When they included a monoaccount server on Dofus the TOTAL AMOUNT OF PLAYERS IN THE GAME INCREASED
2 - people did LEFT THEIR MAXED LEVEL CHARACTERS TO START FRESH IN  A MONOACCOUNT SERVER
3 - MONOACCOUNT SERVERS HAVE MORE PEOPLE THAN OTHER SERVERS

you think that merging the server will solve the issue, but having many servers is not the problem, the PROBLEMS are:
- new players don't find groups to learn about the game
- the gearing system works only if you play with 6 characters
- there is a huge lack of content, and the content that we have need a good group to be done, which also is a reason for players that don't use 6 characters to stop playing at all
- classes are TERRIBLY balanced, the META IS CLEAR and we have classes that fit great in more than one role and others that barely fit in any role at all
- crafting system requires WAY TOO MUCH ITEMS FOR A TACTICS GAME, which PUTS PEOPLE THAT PLAYS WITH 6 CHARACTERS IN ADVANTAGE AGAIN

The list can go on with ENCHANTING SYSTEM, PVP, etc... 

Server merge will not solve that, IT IS NECESSARY, YES! but it is quite clear that the bigger problems are being neglected 

Do not put words that i have not said in my mouth. I dont think server merge is the solution to fix wakfu. To make this blatantly clear wakfus population outside of france is very low we dont have as far as i know solid numbers for all players but what we can see is steam charts and wakfu in all of steam peaks at 500 users. and avarages 300 ish

this is not healthy even if we did the most generous math available and bear with me as we approach my core argument here it is not sustainable especially if the already small population is divided yet again /wakfu has no player growth at this moment/ so going with this is risky and making the assumption that it would go well since it went well for dofus is a dangerous idea since the 2 games for starters have vastly diferent player numbers and "fame"

people know dofus already but people mostly have no idea what wakfu is and when they do they think its only the tv series.

yes there are problems with the game but im in the opinion that there are more pressing fixes to be made before dividing the community. Im not against mono server im simply in the opinion that before they build the living room they need a bloody hallway to enter in it.

and just for obvious example why i think this: the problems you listed would be still present in the mono server with the added benefet that you cant use heroes.
0 -4

The claim that Dofus is more known by casual gamers than Wakfu is has no real argument behind it. Wakfu is an 8 year old game with a solid cartoon series and running on steam.

I'd argue Wakfu has more accounts linked to it than Dofus or close.
The difference between them is that while Dofus retains some new players, Wakfu as is designed retains 0 players.

The problem is not how many ads they run on TV for Wakfu. The problem is all new people that join it will leave again. If their steam release and the aftermath of that wasn't a solid analytical case study I don't know what is.

The problem is the game itself, it's sold as an mmo but plays like a very expensive single player game. I would have no problem with Wakfu if it was a one time $60 purchase.

8 -3

Ciretako|2020-02-05 00:15:07
So, I've been putting around in this community for quite a long time.  Hi there.  No one knows who I am, so I'll introduce myself.

I'm a player from back in 2012.  Yes, from *that* far back.  I was around during the beta, and I LOVED the game.  So here I am, eight years later and I'm playing the game with a few friends who have never played it.

It's an honestly alienating experience.  To say nothing of the fact that I'm coming back to a game that has had a lot of the features moved around or stripped down into a simple form; I see that there are basically no early level people to actually play with.  The beginning areas have been streamlined, and I noticed that the old Warring Nations mechanic is all but gone.  (And I'm guessing Brakmar won, since they seem to own EVERYTHING.)

The game seems like a haze; like parts of it are still there yet major pieces of it are missing.  What the hell happened?

Well the Warring nations system was gutted because PvP was replaced with battlefields, makin the government system basically useless, but it will be reworked "soon"
1 0
Score : 3914

Here's the thing, this game is real real grindy. I'm of the opinion, we have enough content. Our optimization sky rockets as you progress and  slows down exponentially.. I'm going to go on a limb and say no one has finished optimizing their enchantments yet. I think pushing out some meaningful events could help with retention. It's really easy to make events for us. A matter a fact, I don't think Archbosses should've been permanent in the first place.

The tutorial for the game is pretty convoluted. They explain a lot for very little reason. This game doesn't feel like a Sandbox btw, I feel like Sandboxes have gotten less horizontal as they've went on. Anyways,  I seriously don't think you need everyone to figure out Professions, Almanax, Ecosystems, abilites,  and deck system in the first 30 levels (Which takes about 3-4 hours). 1-100 should've just been a learning the combat since 100+ is far far far harder than everything before. 100+ should be exploring the rest of the game. 

Anyways, my suggestion is
GET rid of all that extra trash that the tutorial wants you to do. Don't even introduce it, just let it happen when people start to "WANT" to explore  the game.
Let people enjoy that story you keep posting about on "news" while leveling
Add active events.'
Get that activity finder in the game(Where you can post threads in-game on a board)
--------
Now for personal opinion - I don't think Dungeons or running them multiple times is much of a problem. Especially not in a game like this, it's akin to the lobby based game effect. Every game feels different because you're running with other people who will play differently and different results will surface. But when those elements become more systematic it gets really boring like an actual MMORPG, there are several dungeons that have you play a specific way which just sucks.

3 -1

ImperiumOfMan|2020-02-03 21:03:23

did you not read what i said?

The fact that you _need_ booster and packs to survive the early game was the point here and i have nothing against monetization f2p when done right heck i am whale here

THE PROBLEM was that a person who just started the game needs to consider buying packs or booster to be able to play the game and a starting player has no real reason nor should have to spend money on a game he doesn't know yet if he's committing into it.

just read what someone types and take time to comprehend youre just spouting things without any consideration for the  actual context here.

Edit: to twist the iron thread as straight as god damn possible: we here are talking about early game and its meaningful and combat loops and over all engagement all what you listed are not really in the early game and therefore not relevant to this discussion the fact that i have to explain it just makes my head hurt.

p.s are you really saying someone in the early game below lv 80 can make 5 milj to buy conversion stone.. just jeesus

You're the one not reading what I wrote, there's more than one way to play this game. It's a sandbox, not WoW.

You don't need booster or packs to survive the early game. You need the provided Astrub Knight and the right perspective. 

Just because someone who pays for booster can solo dungeons with three toons in a not so great a way, doesn't mean that anyone should be soloing dungeons. Any new player should be looking to join a guild and play this game like an MMO game, you know, with other people. I still don't understand why Ankama lets people make new characters on Nox when they should be funneling people onto Remmington.

Part of the problem here is all the people with the expectation that they can just play this game like a single player game and pay nothing.

You really can just grind mobs just like in any other old school MMO. Mobs still give experience and items even when you outlevel them.

Booster and heros do nothing for you in terms of professions. If you really want to spend nothing on this game, you can. Just mine or take other actions in game that will earn you kamas. 

If you have enough kamas, you can buy conversion stones and get items from ingame shop. Also, many items from ingame shop can be found in auction house, like Adventurer Boxes and pets.

On the one hand, people don't like what I had to say about inventory changes. On the other, people don't like what I have to say about this issue. Yet prior to inventory changes, any noob could earn between 20 thousand and 40 thousand kamas on Nox just for selling the most basic adventurer box. There's also many other low level items and recipes that can earn any player, new or not many kamas if you want to actually spend the time.

Literally, this game is designed to keep some of the lowest tier recipes and materials relevant, no matter how long you play for. This in and of itself is BRILLIANT.

How many mentorship tokens does the OP have? lolololo

I practice what I preach, I mined 3 million kamas at around level 120 on Nox, just to buy a Snoofle from the auction house. And I'll reiterate, there's more than one way to play. Some people like to fight other player or the computer or quest, other players like to craft items and play the auction house. 
You keep ignoring how molasses slow this game is. 50+ days to level up a single pet or petsmount. Or look at the items you buy with Almanax tokens or Boss Smasher tokens, literally a year or more in terms of your time...
1 -3

well gee im sorry but last time i checked the game is more than professions also if you're not lvling up why would you level your profession up? (for the record i am 130+ crafter and gatherer so i know how this grind works and if you think you dont need heroes for professions allow me to doubt your profession lvs as you need ALL possible drop rates you can get when crafting since many, many and MANY recipes need drops there and in massive quantities.

and you do realize were speaking about the early game and how its shown to new players here. And if youre new player and want to proceed in the game you pretty much need the booster unless you have a patience of a god soloing gobballs in the astrub with only astrub knight with you might get litle tiresome after a while (and yes i know you can have the trial sk too but its based on rotation so relving new sk every damn time it changes is not well a solution)

and yes you can mine for kamas but as iv now informing you yet again were talking early game here and mining on that lv range does absolutly nothing but frustrate oneself to quit the game also youre making fantastic assumption that the new players are in similar mindset you do relaise that VAST majority of players do not care for proffs at all if they did id be a lot less poorer since hardly a hour goes by when im not needed to craft something. ( i get what youre saying here that there are people who are in proffs and dont mind the slowness but those are the minority and the game needs ALL sorts of players and the alienation of MOST players is the problem what were discussing here)

about conversion stones i do not know what they go on nox but in here remi its 5-7 million kamas good luck mining that in below 80 in time frame where youd not be off that lv range before finishing the mining. You can a theme rising here so i let me ask you did you read the whole topic and responses before you decided to open yar trap and spout your mostly unrelated opinions in here ? coz i dont think you did.

as for the last point. Those are vanity items and not really related to surviving the early game.

3 -3
Score : 768

Welp, i just stopped when my friends left, because i couldnt do any alone, Wakfu was more like solo game than mmo, so i just left after playing all version of this game.

Imo this game will just die while they try get more money from players with non important thoughs

9 0

That is exactly the issue. And sadly the small elitist minority doesn't understand that they are basically dependent on Ankamas Generosity. There is still a good chance that they cut the Game finally at some point, and then all those thosands of hours from the elite players will vanish into nothing.

2 -1
Respond to this thread