FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Server merge in 2020?

By CloudyMind - MEMBER - January 08, 2020, 22:16:25
AnkaTracker

Are there any plans to merge the servers this year? It's been three years, so it's starting to feel like this goose is overcooked... or overdue. tongue

9 -3
First Ankama intervention

We don't know about fake news, but we definitely talked about interesting stuff during the last live pensive
https://www.twitch.tv/ankamalive/clip/WealthyShyJuiceBIRB?filter=clips&range=all&sort=time

See message in context
Reactions 47
Score : 9518

The Beta server shows consistent progress in working towards the server merge with every update it has, things that would only benefit a server merge
Eg: 
>Pushing over all guilds from all servers to the beta server
>Haven worlds all at one point
>Merging the leaderboards of every server on the beta
>Merging all names to the beta server so 2 names exactly the same can exist
etc

In the most recent ankama live, they teased that 1.67 will give the players "something they have been waiting for, for a very long time", this doesnt actually specify the server merge, but it could very much be hinting at it

Sadly its very much a "draw your own conclusions" as to whether its actually coming or not

7 -19
Score : 2499
24 0
Score : 889

this hit the spot

3 0
Score : 4639

anw, while merge would be nice, it would be only a short term solution as it wont actually fix Wakfu and decline is more likely to happen again if nothing is done.

2 0
Score : 1242

Anyone that understands business understands that short term solutions are not the priority. Even the french servers are a skeleton of what they were 3 years ago. Merging servers won't actually increase subs; other, long term solutions would actually increase subs however. I think it's time for the devs to make Wakfu a casual game, we're living in a day and age where hardcore games like Wakfu are a dying breed. I call needing 2 $15 Hero accounts with specific, and rigid, class combinations hardcore.

2 0
Score : 360

Ankama's never going to do it; the game will die before then as they focus on adding more microtransactions and reworking classes for the fifth time instead of making the game less frustratingly obscure and unintuitive.  Rather than do anything to get more players they just change things at random while ignoring feedback and look for more ways to monetize.

3 -1
Score : 378

I'm chiming with you about questioning the merge. Can we hope it to happen ?

2 0
Score : 4215
apparently this was on the site for a moment. though not sure if it's someone's joke or not. 
0 -1
Score : 378

It does seem to be just a fake.

0 0
Score : 4921

In personal opinion, harvesting/mining in less population was never be a problem so far, a bit worry if really merge may lead to another resource war...

1 -1
Score : 4639

We been there already, no humans were killed back then, but then again you wouldn't even think asking if we didn't have to farm/harvest/mine for stupid amount of hours in the first place
Beside, wars were part of the fun in Wakfu before... when there was active guilds, but all these lost sense with low population and almost nonexistent political system.

2 0
Score : 4215

lol well I fell for it.... sadness

Enceladon|2020-01-09 05:52:51
It was my edit, I made this as a joke and showed it to some people as a joke. No idea who sent this as something real, but that isn't cool. (You can see a typing error in it btw.)

You can easily edit the forums interface to create such stuff as:

AND NO, THIS WAS NEVER ON THE WEBSITE. THIS WAS A MEME.
1 0
Score : 7456

Sorry, was not meant to let somebody fell for it.

0 0

We don't know about fake news, but we definitely talked about interesting stuff during the last live pensive
https://www.twitch.tv/ankamalive/clip/WealthyShyJuiceBIRB?filter=clips&range=all&sort=time

Score : 3580

Quite the mischievous smiles you've got there. :3

So here's a riddle for us: Something that's not on the creative side. Something that's new... or not. Something that we've been waiting for a long time. Something that will bring people together.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm~ :3

What could that possibly be, I wonderrrrr~

1 0

I don’t think that there was any intentional manipulation, but rather technical issues and miscommunication. I think that if they’re merging the servers now because they’re doing it because they simply have the ability to.

That being said, what are those changes you mentioned and what do you think should be done instead, in your opinion.

Melonnissise|2020-01-10 18:07:36

1. Any race can be any role (which requires all classes to have 4 elements)
2. Create a "solo" God booster where enemies do half damage to you and you do more damage to enemies. This incentivizes group play and working together. As oppose to Hero booster which incentivizes playing with yourself.

The first suggestion would shatter the mythos of the world, though I do want more customization for the characters too.

The second is really bad pay to win, and it would also not have the desired effect. People can play with multiple accounts without the use of any hero boosters, since the game is free. I'm talking about multi-logging. People would just move away from the hero system and towards multiple boosted accounts.

Edit: I can't for the life of me figure out how to use this reply system xd
1 0
Score : 1242

Adopt the mmorpg standard

Short term
1. Any race can be any role (which requires all classes to have 4 elements)
2. Create a "solo" God booster where enemies do half damage to you and you do more damage to enemies. This incentivizes group play and working together. As oppose to Hero booster which incentivizes playing with yourself.

Long term
1. Wakfu system: every clan member has a wakfu jar which you fill by donating wakfu obtained by that area's dungeons. When this jar is full the area's enemies drop high level runes.
*This would work with a new system which adjusts your level to that area's level, like Adjustable Level system in dungeons.
2. Make lower level dungeons drop a lot of kamas so it keeps lower/mid level dungeons relevant.

Wakfu saved. But nah, let's keep revamping classes that don't really need it. They're just getting revamped because they're too good so they need a nerf. Ankama has its priorities in the trash can.

2 -10
Score : 1400

Ankama please im reaaally hungry for some news :_

2 -1

They said "very soon" with grins on their faces, so it should be a month or two away, I reckon. 

0 0
Score : 1606

CloudyMind|2020-01-13 14:51:02
They said "very soon" with grins on their faces, so it should be a month or two away, I reckon.

soon.. and.. ankama? Theese 2 dont mix! At all.
6 0
Score : 3102

I don't want a server merge. Honestly, I don't think this game is meant to hold that many players per server from resources point of view alone. Because we don't have enough (wild) resources (mining nodes etc).

I would be ok with server merge only, if Ankama increases all resources in game exponentially.

1 -4

Of course it has enought resources, you thought Wakfu always had a dead playerbase?

2 -1
Score : 370

I think that I read somewhere once that, if server merge happens, economy would get a lil' messed up, wouldn't it?

0 -5
Score : 4881

Why would it? All the kamas will be scaled to the value of the new server.

Sure there will be an influx of more items from other servers, but the players coming in will also raise demand, so it'll probably even out after a while.
But in that time, it will be fun to buy and sell to a fluctuating market.

1 0

ZEPHYR-3000|2020-02-05 12:42:02
Of course it has enought resources, you thought Wakfu always had a dead playerbase?

generally yes. But for miners? i dont think the mining has been thought thro here from the viepoint of how much kama you need even for basic gears. if you want the last ore needed for high lv kama crafts there is not many places to mine it you're limited to brakmar mines basicly and theres at best 25 nods there and if theres even 1 more mining you might as well stop since the time needed to produce number of kama needed to get by would be too much

Captchphrase|2020-02-06 23:28:35
Get the full moner gear and things will be better.

.. i mean yes?

i use snoofle, seal of comp, helmet and pickaxe mythic variant and miner buff for faster mining the problem is if there's 2 miners there's not enough ores since spawn is slow or gods help you if theres 3rd
0 0

I agree with mining, we used to have bigger mining points... (OLD NATIONS coff coff)...I will never get bored of beating the dead horse of the nations rework xd

1 0
Score : 562

In some way they implemented Changes and revamps which most likely takes a smaller Playerbase in account. So a Server Merge is basically the opposite of this Measure.

On the other side, it is a necessary move, since the other International Servers are heavily underpopulated, and it makes sense.

I guess having all the International Players on one Server is the last Straw in the Quest to keep Wakfu alive. If we are honest for a second, most other Game Companies out there would have most likely just closed the Game already.

I honestly give them Credit for still keeping it up, and try so many things with all the Updates and Revamps to somehow keep the boat afloat.

1 0
Score : 4881

Eliaoo|2020-02-07 13:57:06
How do you ascertain the kama's value ? 

The devs said that they keep track of the value of kamas on diferent servers by comparing the average prices of basic resources; probably bread, shards, havengems and stuff like that.

Captchphrase|2020-02-08 18:12:40
eh? havengems are not a thing anymore, they come as cheap as straw now.

Not garden gems, and market gems have some value too.

But yeah deco and crafting are useless
0 0
Score : 1759

eh? havengems are not a thing anymore, they come as cheap as straw now.

0 0

thecashmoneymaker|2020-04-12 02:42:13
You do realize they can program the game so the mines spawn faster......

they could but the mine nodes have been a problem for a long time now if they did not when the problem was bad what are the chances they do when its even worse.

this is ankama were talking bout i like the em but their track record on noticing and fixing problems is well less than ideal
0 0