FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Battleground Problems

By Huezildo - MEMBER - January 01, 2020, 23:15:50

I hope someone from the staff read this post, with the issues that I am going to highlight here, my intention is to make the BATTLEGROUNDS better, so more people enjoy it and that this could attract more players into the game. If someone disagrees with my opinions here, that is perfectly fine, just remember to give constructive feedback so we make the game BETTER.
Looking at this image I can appoint many problems: 

1 - the time, right now here in Canada is 4:42pm but there is only 2 pvp's to do, usually I can't do any battlegrounds in a day because of my timezone. Plus they have level lock not everybody that want's to do a battleground are able to, using the image as an example if someone that is lvl 125 and wants to do a pvp in this day, it won't be able to.
2 - three nations against one. ( just a note I am Brakmarian...)

Problems outside the image
3 - When you enter in the battleground there are goals to complete for each one, except the free for all, when you see an enemy the idea is to attack them so you delay the opposite team, BUT THE BIG PROBLEM IS, IF YOU ATTACK SOMEONE YOU END UP ALONE BATTLING 2 OR MAYBE 3 PLAYERS ALONE.
4 - The point system its not clear, it is not clear how many points a player get from fighting a player, or completing the goals, but it is rare to see a pvp in the pvp. Which means that the players end up figuring out that it is more worth it not battling in the pvp usually.
5 - There is no incentive for someone that is starting in the game to go on the pvp, as they will lose a fight against a veteran, even though the pvp is like lvl 80, so both players are in the same level, the new player can not afford the gears, runes and sublimations. Which means that the fight is won before even starts.... This issue can be solved many ways, I am not proposing that the staff gets rid of the gear in the game, but the best option should be make gear only for pvp and gear only for pve, and for each fight IN PVP the winner and the loser get some rewards, OF COURSE THE WINNER GETS MORE..., that allows them to purchase those gears and improve it's build, as those gears won't impact pve this would solve the unbalance problem in pvp, now this is ONE WAY TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE, THERE IS MANY WAYS TO ATTRACT PEOPLE TO BATTLEGROUNDS AND THAT IS MY GOAL HERE.
6 - The rewards are not taking into account the players experience, imagine if you are a pretty experienced player and just started a new character, let's pretend you are the best player in the world plus you can afford the best gear in the world, now you enter in the battlefield against the person who holds the 2 position in the pvp rank... if you win your rewords in the end of the battlefield will not be affected by the difference between that player in your character, which means that the way it is, it is not rewarding people that wants to win difficult fights, just those who keep doing the goals on the battlegrounds...
7 - There are also problems with the mechanics, I spend more time in a BATTLEGROUND fighting monsters than players.

If I forgot any other issue in the battleground that you find important, I am sorry, but please leave it as a commentary so everyone learn about it.

Thank you
13 -14
Reactions 11
Score : 425

Numbers 1,3,7 are the biggest issue. 

8 -12
Score : 183

The battlefield system is pretty much disliked by the community .
it simply doesnt have enough pvp for a pvp system . Its just a bunch of mini games in a pvp envirement not suited enough for a turn base mmo they have plans of another system of pvp it have been hinted trought last year .and yes every point u have in here is true i dont think the current battle fields add up anythin of fun apart from an easy fast way to xp and drop and lots of toxicity . Even tho they have plans to make a new system it wont be anywhere soon so theres that

9 -14
Score : 1778

Is the first time I heard the Battlefields are disliked by an entire community, which community are you talking about anyway?

Dunno if there is that much negative feedback but the players I have meet so far don't dislike Battlefields at all and personally I find that be free from trolls that attack random people is wonderful.

0 0
Score : 5454

Is this an objective analysis? Some points could not be included at all, because they indicate that you are not able to objectively analyze the situation. There are also people in the game who are completely satisfied with the new pvp system.
1 - Level lock is a great idea to regulate interest in items. Previously, the player had one goal: to reach the maximum level and collect items for the maximum level. Now objects of low levels are also valuable, because there is a pvp with a restriction in levels and a system of an adapted level in a dungeon. You are the player who came into the game. The game cannot adjust to all existing time zones.
2 - Are you serious? Pvp is a living system, there will always be changes and inequalities. Ask your politicians why they do not want an alliance with other nations.
3 - This is a game. A gangs is the same tool in pvp like everyone else.
4 - I personally always fight in pvp, and then do the rest. This is the problem of the PLAYERS, not the developers, why you do not want pvp, but are looking for the benefit of picking flowers.
5 - The game has a lot of content now. Nobody forces you to go to pvp. If you are not ready to go there, then what's the point of writing about it? What you suggested is a new problem. Because there will be a situation when one player has a lot of PvP items, and the second has few.
6 - That is, you want immediately for the victory of a person who has a high rank, immediately raise yourself a rank to his level? Insolence has no limits ...
7 - Purely your subjective problem. There are a bunch of other players who don’t feel that there are problems with the mechanics.
Battlefields is a great update. Now the prestige of the nation depends entirely on the activity of players on the battlefield, but does not exclude the influence of politics since politicians define alliances between forces. Over battlefields give great experience and rewards. You can’t please everyone. The current pvp system is very good.

12 -15

6. To be fair, beat a top player should give more rewards than beat an average player as to reflect the commitment of a top player, the investment in gear and research in strategy, factors that make that player strong. This could also transform in fame to the top players and their might. Well, although this kind of system sounds fun to me the final decision is Ankama's.

0 0
Score : 2032

9Nectum9|2020-01-02 08:56:39
Is this an objective analysis? Some points could not be included at all, because they indicate that you are not able to objectively analyze the situation. There are also people in the game who are completely satisfied with the new pvp system.
1 - Level lock is a great idea to regulate interest in items. Previously, the player had one goal: to reach the maximum level and collect items for the maximum level. Now objects of low levels are also valuable, because there is a pvp with a restriction in levels and a system of an adapted level in a dungeon. You are the player who came into the game. The game cannot adjust to all existing time zones.
2 - Are you serious? Pvp is a living system, there will always be changes and inequalities. Ask your politicians why they do not want an alliance with other nations.
3 - This is a game. A gangs is the same tool in pvp like everyone else.
4 - I personally always fight in pvp, and then do the rest. This is the problem of the PLAYERS, not the developers, why you do not want pvp, but are looking for the benefit of picking flowers.
5 - The game has a lot of content now. Nobody forces you to go to pvp. If you are not ready to go there, then what's the point of writing about it? What you suggested is a new problem. Because there will be a situation when one player has a lot of PvP items, and the second has few.
6 - That is, you want immediately for the victory of a person who has a high rank, immediately raise yourself a rank to his level? Insolence has no limits ...
7 - Purely your subjective problem. There are a bunch of other players who don’t feel that there are problems with the mechanics.
Battlefields is a great update. Now the prestige of the nation depends entirely on the activity of players on the battlefield, but does not exclude the influence of politics since politicians define alliances between forces. Over battlefields give great experience and rewards. You can’t please everyone. The current pvp system is very good.

That is why I asked for constructive feedback, to avoid comments like this, but ok I am going to try my best to make you understand that I am trying to help Ankama with this thread, so that players can eighter analyse the problems that I highlighted or present some that I missed. 

As you can see in the image Ankama expected the Battlegrounds to be 40 x 40, 180 people, but there is only 9, which means that the amount of people they expected are not being reached, this happens for many reasons but the most obvious is that people are not liking this content.

From your points:
1 - In dofus there is no level lock, Therefore you can see many people using the pvp.

2 - this is not actually a point just vague statements that has nothing to do with the game.

3 - This is a TACTICS game, in other games YOUR ALLIES OR ENEMIES CAN REACH THE BATTLE IN THE MIDDLE AND CHANGE EVERYTHING, YOU COULD BE DYEING AND A YOUR TEAM COMES AND SAVES YOU AND WIN THE GAME, THAT CAN NOT HAPPEN IN WAKFU.

4 - the system was badly designed, it is not the users fault for it.

5 - Ankama spent time and money into this system, like I said in the post, my intention here is to make that time and effort worth it, I recognize that there are problems and I am trying to help, not berry them under the carpet. THIS POST IS ONLY ABOUT BATTLEGROUND PROBLEMS, NOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING BESIDES THAT IN THE GAME, THE SOLUTIONS PRESENTED IN ONLY INVOLVES IT AND NOTHING ELSE.

6 -  I never said I want immediate victory, you are the one saying that. What I want is to give constructive feedback.

7 - If you feel that the Battleground is perfect, that is good for you, you have the freedom to think that, as I have the freedom to disagree with you and present the problems that I see and do not try to ignore them.

I hope your next comment could be more constructive, thank you
6 -5

Not directly related to the exposed points but I would like to point at the teams in Battlefields. See one nation get attacked by the other 3 is not particular pleasant to the players of that nation. No wonder sometimes a disadvantaged team has 0 players in game.

2 0

Captchphrase|2020-01-03 16:22:15
Not directly related to the exposed points but I would like to point at the teams in Battlefields. See one nation get attacked by the other 3 is not particular pleasant to the players of that nation. No wonder sometimes a disadvantaged team has 0 players in game.

that is actually directly related to this post, of course I missed some points in my thread, that is why I need constructive feedbacks like yours, thank you for contributing
0 0
Score : 183

Captchphrase|2020-01-03 16:06:51
Is the first time I heard the Battlefields are disliked by an entire community, which community are you talking about anyway?

Dunno if there is that much negative feedback but the players I have meet so far don't dislike Battlefields at all and personally I find that be free from trolls that attack random people is wonderful.

Ok . So do u think that the 6 ppl that show up in the battlefield everytime from the the thousands of players in remington are the only players that wants to pvp ?  If u were to remmber the community events such as brawlmington which is hosted by pvp lovin players .mind u it was a weekly event .and dozens of players show up if not hundreds .if u have acess to the community driven discord server or to any big guild discord server and ask about it . And the sworn of frustrated pvp players will tell u about it . The battlefield system simply doesnt have enough pvp in it m its just bunch kf minigames in a pvp system . Heck u even gain more rewards if u just collected flowers and killin iop npcs . And barely no one shows up in the free for all . Ppl are allowed to feed eachother for ranks and u can bs rank one in the bf if u just afk in the bf long enough  ... If this post was made few months prior it would been much more argumentatif and ppl will sworn on it and discuss . But now the pvp community is just frustrated no one even have the will to discuss the issues with the bf cause its pointless the whole system is pointless . All we have to do is to wait for a new system or a rework . And it being influenced by plitics which was made basicly obsolete is a huge thing again 
3 -1

cawleerr|2020-01-04 04:19:14

Captchphrase|2020-01-03 16:06:51

Ok . So do u think that the 6 ppl that show up in the battlefield everytime from the the thousands of players in remington are the only players that wants to pvp ?  If u were to remmber the community events such as brawlmington which is hosted by pvp lovin players .mind u it was a weekly event .and dozens of players show up if not hundreds .if u have acess to the community driven discord server or to any big guild discord server and ask about it . And the sworn of frustrated pvp players will tell u about it . The battlefield system simply doesnt have enough pvp in it m its just bunch kf minigames in a pvp system . Heck u even gain more rewards if u just collected flowers and killin iop npcs . And barely no one shows up in the free for all . Ppl are allowed to feed eachother for ranks and u can bs rank one in the bf if u just afk in the bf long enough  ... If this post was made few months prior it would been much more argumentatif and ppl will sworn on it and discuss . But now the pvp community is just frustrated no one even have the will to discuss the issues with the bf cause its pointless the whole system is pointless . All we have to do is to wait for a new system or a rework . And it being influenced by plitics which was made basicly obsolete is a huge thing again 

I understand you points and I was one that got frustrated with this system, when it launched I just decided to ignore it, but now I realized that Ankama takes years to launch real content and I know this Battleground system is broken, I just want to fix it before more players leave the game. For me is a matter of priority, its better try to help them than just get frustrated that the game that I play for years just crash
0 0
Score : 342

i think bg needs guild wars 2 system everbody can make build their gears or other things freely and if its free lot of player would join pvp because i see lot of player who dont want to join pvp because their gears and free build system allow players to trying new things againts other players.

1 0
Respond to this thread