FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Is the game P2P now?

By Rusbo - MEMBER - October 18, 2019, 18:12:59

I mean, when I played Wakfu last year I don't remember it having a Premium system that unlocked new areas for the players that PAY.

This thing of "If you pay you get more access to new areas AND other bonuses" was always a thing?
And: Is the game a lot limited for F2P players? Or can I get through the whole game without paying a cent?

Thanks <3

1 -1
Reactions 14
Score : 1990

well the new map is usually reserved for players that pay but since new maps tend to be 200lv anyways the need to go there before 200 is well limited and since the old map is relesed to all players after next one comes out its not really an issue

altho i think they forgot to do it this patch since pandalucia is open for all players while earlier map zinit is still locked dunno whats the deal with that but its a good decision as far im concerned since pandaucia is pretty kickass

yes, you can play the game without paying a cent theres just basically the wait for newer content to be released to non paying ones, but why on earth wouldn't you support a game if youre playing it a lot ? expecting to get years and years worth of content for free is pretty entitled but ok oO

also premium has been there since day one it used to be called subscription and changed to premium after they ditched the pay to play mechanics.

tl:dr it is free to play and one of the fairest ones out there.

4 -1
Score : 39

Thanks a lot <3 

It's not that I don't want to pay, I really love the game and I think it's worth the money.
I just wanted to know how much of preparation I'd need before paying.

The coin conversion can be a little rough for the country where I live in, so sometimes it can be a little expensive.

Thank yooooou

1 -1
Score : 1990

ow no worries btw you can get the premium thing with the in-game currency too theres an Dofus like ogrine conversion thingymabob in the in-game shop just tap the conversion stone menu to see it

0 -1
Score : 4230

Also depend on your server, on some the population is so low that you may need to buy heroes to actually be able to do duns. In my case, the game is P2P.

2 -1
Score : 732

The only content that is locked is the summit of Zinit, the rest of the game is available to everyone. Mind that free players suffer a reduction in Experience, Prospecting and Wisdom.

0 -1
Score : 1553

This game is actually pay to play. the only thing you can do with single character without booster is beating one or two family of mob and farming resources. 

1 -4
Score : 10880

Cant agree, I play a lot with different ppl, game offer 3 free pages, u can play on your real lvl and on 2 als lvl tiers. If u're dd keep your ini low so supports u will play with wont have problem to debuff and buff befor your dmg turn and everything is fine.

New amount of quests, env quests, battlegrounds (that are joke but at least give nice exp) let u lvl alone when u cant find team at the certain moment

I played as solo iop till lvl 200 so was boosterless player from 2013-2017. It require a lot of dedication, social skill or active guild to find team to play with. U will get less mats from each fight so upgrading items is hard. But I managed to build really strong iop set during moon meta playing alone (despite the fact how Kanibal and Vore were melee unfriendly)

I also know many ppl who play without hero or even booster and they doing fine.

If the game is harder? Oh bloody yes
If its imposilbe to play without paying? It isnt and myslef I prove it I belive.

1 -1
Score : 3616

Wakfu isn't P2P by anymeans, most of the content, zones and activities are free. The only thing that is locked behind membership is the high part of Mount Zinit (end-game content) and even so you can still join a Guild that owns a HW and bring the monsters and ressources there.

You can totally get through the whole game without paying BUT if you pay you will get, ofc, important bonuses such as more exp, drop and the possibility of teaming up with other character in your account (which you can also do by having multiple accounts)

Personally, I reached level 200 by doing mostly enviromental missions which give decent exp and level up your sidekicks like crazy.

0 -1
Score : 1553

If you or someone who is looking this post and considering to start this game without booster. I would recommend you to think carefully what is the meaning of 'Free' some people mentioned above. This game is officially claiming Free to Play, so most of contents except upper - summit Zinit are 'available' for all. But meaning of the 'Available or Free' would not be same as you normally think. You are free to live where you want, and perfect score of SAT is 'available' for everyone. 

0 -1
Score : -4671

If you have no life and no job, it's possible to play without booster.

But if you have a life and your job means you can afford a booster, buy it. Playing with a booster is WAY more fun.

It's like the time difference between earning money to buy items from cash shop or spending 50times as long trying to buy the item from other people in-game. So much more fun and convenient.

Inglorium Pack would only cost me a few hours of my working day. If I tried to buy all those costumes and pets in-game, it would take significantly longer, months at least

Plus paying for the game means you support it, instead of freeloading like some people have for years and years and years

cody5|2019-12-07 10:24:35
Isn't inglorium pack just finishers?

Lol no, it's literalliterally ALL the god packs. Every single costume, finisher, Haven Bag kit and pet
0 -1
Score : 4730

Isn't inglorium pack just finishers?

0 -1
Respond to this thread