FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The dilemma of the international forums

By cawleerr - MEMBER - September 16, 2019, 01:01:04

i have been lately more active in the forums while i indeed had my older posts downvoted to oblivion for unknown reasons  i have seen patern in the forums that isnt quite right  .where few known players spam suggestions or oppose the general public about something  as the enchantement system that have been flooding the forums in late few months  or just make a suggestion about something that is good or bad in its respective category and yet they get shamed in both the forum and ingame for expressing their opinion . dear forum users the toxicity of the forums is the reason why the devs didnt take the  this forum seriously . There is no bad suggestion  it is a suggestion it wont be included in the game just cause the devs have seen . every suggestion / oppose of the general public have been mass downvoted or just commented on with comments attacking the poster of the thread personnaly .the community is just diggin themselfs at this point from a side complaining why the forums arent as active  and from an other bashing ever little out of line suggestions or thread that oppose their idea of the game .i personaly know players that do want to be active on the forums but in fear of just ... being mass disliked they dont 

dear ppl wakfu have been  or generaly was a sandbox game .but it still have some aspects to it  the spells of the classes everything it isnt set in stone or never will be the game is ever changing and not only from the devs part but the game mechanics are so vague that the players find newer ways everytime to make their own meta / cheat their own way to find "sucess" in the game so we have to expect change and not everytime we will like that change infact most changes affect us in a bad way . a suggestion is a just a reminder that change will happen eventualy 

players need to keep posting any kind of suggestions / critisim and if anyone have a conficting opinion on that 
the discusion must be a civilized  one with resonable arguments and civil maners . and o well ofc  not get offended about anything its just a game after all .. do not get offended cause someone have said that "xclass is bad a x thing" or "z class is better at z thing" or "y system is better than x system" after all none of u can control it directly  even if its true 
u can only do that if  u kept   a friendly forum up and running with suggestion that no matter their content and they should be  accepted and discusesd by the community  . thnx for reading thats all  i had to say  and who ever wish to be active on the forum and t discuss their ideas it is open for everyone and keep the suggestions comming

5 -4
Reactions 9
Score : -558

what do you meant about sandbox?   i see no sandbox in this game if i didnt misunderstand you .

1 -1
Score : 593

I think WAKFU is more like anti-sandbox.
Because creative playing sometimes be treated as bug exploit, and devs always look forward to fix the way how players do the game.
For example, we call it “meta.”
Game which has “meta” cannot be sandbox, but only can be sandbox-like at maximum.

1 -1
Score : 111

Very well said. Ive noticed this when reading ideas from people about things that would change up the meta, or just give certain aspects of the game a fresher feel. People often dont take the time to carefully read  the details of forum posts, and quickly jump to conclusions simply because they are in a position where they feel its right to shun and downvote any change, be it a good idea or bad, without actually giving any reasons why they disagree. Iḿ not saying everyone should agree, I just think that people should be more contructive in the way that they voice themselves on the forum/ private messaging.

Ive experienced this myself when i voiced my opinion  on how I felt that Battlefields deserve a change. Just because I wasnt happy with the way that certain people can dominate Battlefields, I got downvoted and received messages stating that I was a ´little baby' and that I ´cant handle being a loser´.  I wasnt looking for that in my post. I was wanting to hear what other people thought, and if my opinion was justified. I feel like I shouldnt try speak about other things now, in fear that more people will just be downright rude over something they didnt bother to read correctly.

The forums seem like a hostile place for anyone with a differing opinion. This is bad for the creative people who want to speak up on matters they feel strongly about. We need to change the overall mood of the forums to be more inclusive of ideas/feedback.

3 -1
Score : 10209

I was the only person that respond to your thread (https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/141-off-topic/237679-battlefield-pvp-most-corrupt-thing) and done it in the most polite way possible, explaining each of your points and exploring possibilities why it might be that way that u expirianced looses so much. So tbh Im pretty confused that I made you scared with that, cos I wrote it with really clear intention, I wasnt vulgar, nor rude, I gave reasons why I disagreed. The 80 lvl sets dont have stats close to 170 sets, it's delusion.

"I was wanting to hear what other people thought, and if my opinion was justified." well if u're not intrested what others have to say, then why even post something on forum. I found it really weird.

If u can make thread about something other ppl can make replie to it. The forum function as place for discussion, if u posting something u need to be aware of that other ppl might disagree and enter the dabate on some topic.

It's natural that extremists from groups of players will bash others, it always happen, lately I see tons of really meaningless "pvp doodoo" threads and Im honestly tired of even anwsering on them, ppl who dont like pvp will just close their ears and screem "LALAALALALALAL" no metter what I will type. Im used to that and strongly advice others to do the same, cos I dont see a single event that could change the way int formu works.

1 0

People usually only read less than 10% of my words, and try to twist what I meant.
Even with wrong quotation or pseudo term.

For example,
what I wrote: A is usually B, but not always, because...
what they read: “He said A is always B”
reaction on unofficial channel: share URL and say “just ignore or downvote it”

4 -1
Score : 1396

I overall agree with your post, there is a lot of toxicity around the forums and actions that are unfitting of this place. Im personally annoyed now and then from mass account downvote due to a different opinion - it's so childish.
I've never seen ingame shaming due to forum posts but I think it's natural to form opinion about people due to their posts. Stepping it up to shaming is a tad too much.

But I have to stand a few things I don't see as sound on your post.

"There is no bad suggestion  it is a suggestion it wont be included in the game just cause the devs have seen"
There *are* bad suggestions. It's important we settle on why they are negative. I think what drives most people is fear on these forums. We've seen a lot of changes in the game we didn't agree and some random few people agreed. And sometimes some few people give a suggestion we overall don't like and its added... We all fear that bad changes come due to those few people that ankama suddenly thinks should hear. The feedback collecting of wakfu team is really bad.

"every suggestion / oppose of the general public have been mass downvoted or just commented on with comments attacking the poster of the thread personnaly"
Downvotes are to express that you do not agree with the post. If it's opposed to general public it's natural it will be downvoted. Attacking the person personally is another thing, shouldn't happen. It's a shame that people downvote a post before even reading due to the person writing.

"the community is just diggin themselfs at this point from a side complaining why the forums arent as active  and from an other bashing ever little out of line suggestions or thread that oppose their idea of the game .i personaly know players that do want to be active on the forums but in fear of just ... being mass disliked they dont "
I do agree forums aren't as active, but I don't think fear is the main reason. I think it's been given up on due to players leaving, to lack of anything coming out of forums since overall our feedback in international community looks forgotten (since the game is french) and due to being a thing that takes time and a lot of energy to get involved. And, of course, fear is a thing that happens that shouldn't. 

"so we have to expect change and not everytime we will like that change infact most changes affect us in a bad way"
I myself am very unsatisfied with wakfu updates for a long while. Some of them are midly bad, annoying, break some part of the game that was already working or do unasked and unneeded changes. I find it bizarre that we should accept changes that affect us in bad ways if we can't see any real reason for their happening. I rant a lot on enchantment thing around, exactly because we've been let unnansered on this topic. Anyhow, this is not the main reason of your post, I just want to clear out that if a game is just having negative updates for the community, something is very wrong.
I dislike that things that were supposed to be set on stone are changed on updater's whims. This was supposed to no longer be beta. Even worse when updates are made not to improve the game's experience but to find ways to milk people's money for longer.

"the discusion must be a civilized  one with resonable arguments and civil maners . and o well ofc  not get offended about anything its just a game after all"
Well, here I have to step up that exactly because it's a game, we're more emotionally involved. I get offended and heated a lot of times on forums, and I don't think that's wrong. What is wrong is being aggressive, toxic and distasteful. Everyones messes up now and then, but when I do wrong stuff, I apologize.

Anyhow, forums are made by people who participate on it. I hope that more people read your post and hopefully change a bit their actions. Well done pulling this up.

0 -2
Score : -558

why do you care downvotes much? it is senseless if you shared your idea with your friend(s), no matter what they think if you think your idea has got a point,you are the gameplayer(s), there can be some people who think upvote is useful but no ,it changes nothing. 

Born-Stubborn|2019-09-16 13:15:35
I think WAKFU is more like anti-sandbox.
Because creative playing sometimes be treated as bug exploit, and devs always look forward to fix the way how players do the game.
For example, we call it “meta.”
Game which has “meta” cannot be sandbox, but only can be sandbox-like at maximum.

meta word is OK, sandbox is about free(direct) access data of a game. kind of game cheat.
0 -1

Yeah, that’s what I mean. You are not free on WAKFU. smile

0 0
Respond to this thread