By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Any plans for new PvP content?

By Barinade - MEMBER - September 02, 2019, 20:24:30
AnkaTracker

It seems like I ask this question every 6 months or so but there hasn't been any mention of it for a while... Are there any plans for new PvP content? I don't mean to suggest removing battlefields by any means, since it could be considered a fun minigame when enough players are involved. But like all minigames, it seems to lose it's point when players don't show up. Don't get me wrong, I realize that multiple players are required for PvP, but it would be nice if there was some way to actively search for other players who are interested in PvP.

Battlefields proved successful during the first few months (the first week or two being a bit of stretch since, even though it was the new hot thing to do in the game, the minigames themselves had a lot of issues making them nearly unplayable). I realize that every piece of content will eventually become old news. Battlefields being our only source of organized PvP content in the game leaves a bit of a void where there should be a source of competition.

I think my favorite idea is a matchmaking system that uses a queue where you can be matched up against players for 1 on 1 or group vs group PvP. It seems like inter-server matchmaking would be the best way to implement this, but also is unlikely to happen due to the amount of work and time required to do so. The next best option would be to have these matchmaking fights take place only within your own server, in which some smaller servers would struggle to thoroughly enjoy the content anyway due to a lack of players. But it would at least generate some kind of excitement for PvP, something that we haven't had since the battlefields release. It might even generate new excitement for that future server merge we've heard so much about tongue After merging servers, "single server" matchmaking would suddenly be a perfectly reasonable compromise.

Battlefields and Matchmaking should not share the same prestige ranks either (battlefields have wings, matchmaking would need a different indicator, like a fancy border around your name when someone hovers over you with their cursor).

I can't be the only one hoping for new PvP content, right? Artificial intelligence has a limited effect on my enjoyment for the game, and I find myself longing for competitive interaction with other players which doesn't seem to happen anymore even in Battlefields.

4 -5
First Ankama intervention

Hi guys,

The team discusses the feedback shared, and studies them if they are feasible or not. For the next update, there are no plans yet for PvP content as there's a big part of the community that prefers PvE content.  Nonetheless there is still a part of the community that wants PvP content, so there will still be in the future.

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 28
Score : 79

PVP rank should grow up only when you win a REAL pvp (1x1, 3x3, 6x6, in-game tournaments, etc) 
BG should bring fun and maybe give some resources/gear (there is only 1 PVP mode in the game, and no one want to fight in, lol. they better try to steal flower/kill the mobs, and it is sad. Some people come to BG just to get items, not to, well, fight against other players)
BG should be more like fun mode, probably with modifications, like all characters will exchange characteristics with each other (meele cra and range iop, seems funny) and others. It should be more like a sandbox to realize what current PVP is and not like PVE or p2w farm of merit for overgeared characters
I just want to see a real PvP in game (like arenas), a ranked system, a PvP queue, automatic in-game tournaments, premade PvP groups...(

1 -1
Score : 3627

According to Ankama, 1v1 fights aren't planned due to classes being imbalanced in 1v1s.

But yeah some tournament in-game mechanisms would be nice eventually,

2 -3
Score : 1090

people ask for pvp and we get a new RNG system for gear. We are not being listened.

4 -3

That's because the Wakfu team is small and they have a backlog of content probably a year long.

2 -3
Score : 294

I'm with Bari on this. Pvp is stagnate. There isn't really any real Pvp in Wakfu anymore. My first month back I was able to get rank 1 wings just by playing the mini games. After I felt wanting more but the game for me is lacking still. I do disappoint myself by coming back and then getting new enchantment system thrown at me after.

For me I think I may return in another 3 years maybe then all the things will have been improved.

0 0

Hi guys,

The team discusses the feedback shared, and studies them if they are feasible or not. For the next update, there are no plans yet for PvP content as there's a big part of the community that prefers PvE content.  Nonetheless there is still a part of the community that wants PvP content, so there will still be in the future.

[Flatops]

they prefer PvE just because there is no real PvP system (that means that there is no motivation to fight 3x3, 2x2, etc)
for example, i don't want to go to BG, but if i had an opportunity to fight against other players (without any else) or even make my own PvP team with my characters, I'd rather play PvP instead PvE
current ranked is not work as it should (high rank players should fight against each other, as a low rank too, but they can't most of the time)
I want to go to PvP here, but i can't

0 -2
Score : 877

i wonder why nine out of ten dentists prefer to fight fluffy bois rather than battlefields

oh
1 -1

[Ankama]WAKFU|2019-09-04 09:56:02
Hi guys,

[Flatops]

well if you keep pushing players that like PVP away, the only ones left are those who just play PVE, and I am an example of it I won't spend 1 more dollar in this game until it have a proper PVP system... 
0 -3
Score : 884

Game is not built for balanced or skill based PvP and never will be. The dev team should definitely focus on improving the PvE and social aspects of the game over PvP, especially with the scarce amount of players. If PvP is what you desire than you are playing the wrong game. It pains me to see how many people keep bringing the PvP up.

5 -4
Score : 1181

You have to understand that many of us have been playing this game for a very long time and it USED to have a somewhat working PvP system which the main attraction of the game for many years. PvP has been shifted away from, but that doesn’t mean that the players who enjoy strategic PvP are all gone. What “pains me” is when people use your talking point of “because I dont want pvp they shouldn’t add it”. You arent the only person playing and paying for this game.

1 -4

Adaptability|2019-09-04 20:52:44
Game is not built for balanced or skill based PvP and never will be. The dev team should definitely focus on improving the PvE and social aspects of the game over PvP, especially with the scarce amount of players. If PvP is what you desire than you are playing the wrong game. It pains me to see how many people keep bringing the PvP up.

well you are one of those that I mentioned...
0 0

I am just speaking facts. The playerbase is too small to have meaningful PvP. There is no way for PvP to thrive when maybe 50 players care about it. The game will not grow if the devs focus on PvP.  Don't get me wrong I would love a cool and meaningful PvP system that could possibly be nation or guild related. But in a realistic point of view, that can not happen anytime soon.

2 0
Score : 35614

While yes I may have been away from the game for roughly a year now I have been through its multiple patches, changes and iterations since its creation and in my experience the only way that PVP in this game is going to thrive without affecting the people who like PVE is if you separate the two. One of my biggest complaints when it comes to wakfu has been and always will be that PVP related nerfs to jobs are some of the worst things the devs do.

It almost always makes people angry and quit, while yes they do eventually come back in some cases (myself included) you still lose a percentage of them bit by bit everytime PVP related class nerfs happen.

Most mainstream MMO's make job/class spells different in PVP or give them different affects with a player opponent in mind. This helps declutter some classes in PVE, by stopping situations like 2 out of your 5 spells in an element tree being useless in PVE but excellent in PVP. While also giving PVP players something new to learn and get good at. 

I know this might not be the answer the devs want to hear since it would take a tremendous amount of work (something I really don't believe the wakfu dev team will ever be capable of in any reasonable time frame unless they increase the size of their team) but I do think it's something they should consider for the future.

1 -1

Adaptability|2019-09-05 00:52:44

this is true for 1x1 PvP, but not for team PvP
you can make premade with an idea (rogue and panda for example) and cover weakness of each other
0 -6

Adaptability|2019-09-05 07:49:32
I am just speaking facts. The playerbase is too small to have meaningful PvP. There is no way for PvP to thrive when maybe 50 players care about it. The game will not grow if the devs focus on PvP.  Don't get me wrong I would love a cool and meaningful PvP system that could possibly be nation or guild related. But in a realistic point of view, that can not happen anytime soon.

well if the the game has a really poor PVP system, people that like pvp are going to quit ( and they did, check youtube videos about wakfu, there is almost 0 poeple producing content, because most of them covered PVP...) so YOU don't care about pvp, so YOU keep playing the game. And don't forget if someone like PVP THE SAME PERSON COULD LIKE PVE OR THE OTHER WAY AROUND. 
0 -2
Score : 3093

In my opinion, you can't just copy and paste existing content that work on other MMORPGs and put it on Wakfu and hope that it will be as exciting as in Battle Royales or similiar stuff. You can't just throw a bunch of players on the same map and say "Now fight!" without adding some conditions or something to spice up the thing.

Wakfu is a turn-based game, fights can be long in PvP, plus If we see the lack of players that the game has and the lack of variety when it comes to builds (Ex: Stasis Foggernauts, Air/Fire Iops, Fecas that only Tank and buff the DD of the group, badger Osas, etc) it just turns the whole thing into a slow paced confrontation with no "spark" at all. What they just did was forbid the open world PvP and moved it to a special instance.

In my opinion, I think that Dofus PvP system would work better than Wakfu's: a Random Matchmaking system with different modes (1v1, 2v2, 3v3) and level ranges. It would be better than Battlefields where you can get ganged right out of the gate and have very unfair fights against classes that clearly have the upperhand on some scenarios. A system that could be accesed from everywhere and doesn't nessesarily requires the prescense of the player on an specific area at an specific time (even if you can get there quickly). It would be even better if Ankama decides to make a whole separated set of spells specially for PvP with effects that work on a player vs player enviroment (Willpower boosting spells, armor removal for more classes, dmg boost when attacking summons, a new mechanic for initiative, etc).

I've tried Battlefields and everytime I participate in one, it is just the same and it is obvious who is going to win if there aren't enough people of your own nation to help you.

4 -1

I still think that battlegrounds could've work, but yeah Dofus PVP system is perfect, and as we don't have the same gearing system as Dofus we wouldn't have the same problems as they do. I hope that one day we have Kollossium here in Wakfu.

0 -2
Huezildo|2019-09-06 19:05:37

well if the the game has a really poor PVP system, people that like pvp are going to quit ( and they did, check youtube videos about wakfu, there is almost 0 poeple producing content, because most of them covered PVP...) so YOU don't care about pvp, so YOU keep playing the game. And don't forget if someone like PVP THE SAME PERSON COULD LIKE PVE OR THE OTHER WAY AROUND. 

Little people are producing content because very little people play the game, not because PvP is in an awful state. I've seen some active french creators on youtube that cover both PvP and PvE. All I am saying is that the game has bigger things to work on before they can/should focus on the PvP system.
5 -1
Score : 35614

You're not wrong

2 0

Adaptability|2019-09-07 12:01:33

Huezildo|2019-09-06 19:05:37

Little people are producing content because very little people play the game, not because PvP is in an awful state. I've seen some active french creators on youtube that cover both PvP and PvE. All I am saying is that the game has bigger things to work on before they can/should focus on the PvP system.

well you clearly don't understand the fact that some people that could be playing this game are not playing because its missing a lot of content like PVP for example. Well so let them keep doing the same mistakes and hope something change xD of course this is the best approach  
0 0
Score : 1025

Yeah, and this is valid for every aspect of the game, not only PvP.

1 0
Score : 154

Bluhen|2019-09-06 23:06:05

You do realize that having the Dofus PVP system on Wakfu won't add that spark you want to see right?
It will turn out exactly the same now,but instead of people going in and knowing they will be fighting the same combination of classes they will be going in expecting to fight the same combination of classes,and will also only be pvping as the same combination of classes.
When I subscribe to dofus after my frequent breaks I always go over to the Kolossium to see what the state of things are like in the game.
All the people who run 3 man teams all run the same combination of classes with the exact same builds and the same combination of Dofus.
The reason why you always see the same combination of classes in pvp is because it's effective.
The only way to change that would be to remove class synergy and put every class on the same footing.
But that would do more harm than good.
Classes would lose the things that define them and it would be the same as turning everyone into a Gobball and saying "Ok guys, have at it".
0 0

While I agree with you, I would totally play Gobball PvP.

Maybe they should just make Bworkball/Gobbowl a PvP minigame.
A new battlefield perhaps?

1 0

DragonmasterLance|2019-09-12 06:42:22

Bluhen|2019-09-06 23:06:05

You do realize that having the Dofus PVP system on Wakfu won't add that spark you want to see right?
It will turn out exactly the same now,but instead of people going in and knowing they will be fighting the same combination of classes they will be going in expecting to fight the same combination of classes,and will also only be pvping as the same combination of classes.
When I subscribe to dofus after my frequent breaks I always go over to the Kolossium to see what the state of things are like in the game.
All the people who run 3 man teams all run the same combination of classes with the exact same builds and the same combination of Dofus.
The reason why you always see the same combination of classes in pvp is because it's effective.
The only way to change that would be to remove class synergy and put every class on the same footing.
But that would do more harm than good.
Classes would lose the things that define them and it would be the same as turning everyone into a Gobball and saying "Ok guys, have at it".

do people play Dofus PVP???? does it bring more people to the game???? try to check twich an look for Dofus players. And then go and try to find Wakfus players. There is your answer.
1 -3

Yes,people PVP on Dofus,in fact a lot of people only PVP.
No, it does not bring more people to the game.
Most people who see people streaming dofus and try to play it themselves find out that it's not as cool as it looks,and generally quit rather fast.
The reason you find more Dofus streamers than Wakfu streamers is most likely because of the quantity of content available and the fact you can use alts to fight with you on Dofus as opposed to Wakfu needing you to have other teammates.
Although it's just my take on it and probably not 100% true,I don't think Wakfu will ever be as popular to streamers as Dofus is.

1 0
Score : 8865

PvP doesn't need to be perfectly balanced around, there are always going to be annoying team compositions/classes that are considered overused, the fact that any competitive system has people going hardout trying to find effective (and often obnoxious) setups doesn't undermine the value of these systems. While you get annoying/overrused team-comps you can also have good matches where you aren't pitted against tryhards with the most popular team composition. In Pokemon for example you have obnoxious stall teams that often enrage people. But sometimes you come up against fun/novel opponents that aren't just focused on winning by using the most obnoxious team comp available. Any system like this is a mixed bag, you will never have perfectly balanced PvP, that doesn't mean people can't have fun with it.

2 0

cody5|2019-09-12 16:45:31
While I agree with you, I would totally play Gobball PvP.

Maybe they should just make Bworkball/Gobbowl a PvP minigame.
A new battlefield perhaps?

Haha,I would too.
It would make it vastly more tactical that's for sure.
I mostly said it as a joke.
But while I do not pvp myself and definitely have my qualms with it as a whole,having Bworkball and Gobbowl as a pvp minigame would be somewhat fun.
0 0
Respond to this thread