FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Personal Gripe: New Player Sniping

By 1vent - MEMBER - March 28, 2019, 15:57:20

This morning, I happened to be running a new alt through Incarnum on REM. Several times, I witnessed a lvl 100 player challenging new players of lvl 6 or slightly above.

I you want fight points, may I suggest you go to another location and challenge more experienced players? There's no point in starting a newbie out with a potentially devastating loss of two. On the flip side of the coin, where's the challenge of a two second dual against someone who neither knows strategic placement or has the power to defend themselves? Do you need that fast 'win' to boost your ego?

And, yeah. I know. 'He's on about taking care of new players again'. I get that a lot, but I always  try to think of the inexperienced first-timers first'. I can live with that.

8 -4
Reactions 16
Score : 3881

People actually do that?

...why?

6 -1
Score : 4285

That's a special kind of pathetic.

4 0
Score : 11871

Not that I support such an action but... why it's a big deal?

Fight take not even  a turn
Nobody lose or gain any points bc wakfu dont have such system
Low lvl players can just decline duel

Friendly dueling low lvl dont have sense, and if someone want to invest time into that it's a bit of weirdo. But tbh that person doesn't do any harm to anyone I guess. It may incurage some conversation and first buddy on server. Idk, that behavior is just weird, but it its not "evil" or "pathetic" acctually.

4 0
Score : 4648

I watched him attack 4 new characters in two minutes, then move on. Thi didn't seem  'friendly challenge' to me.

0 -1
Score : 7933

If he is challenging new players just to feel good about him/herself, that's just pathetic.

But that doesn't do any harm, anyone can decline a duel and, if im right, after a while the player will be getting a flood message on the chat window. 

Now if he is joining their fights and killing them inside, that's something that can be reported.

1 0
Score : 30

Aren't fights locked by default now?

0 0

-Noikat|2019-04-02 20:52:11
Aren't fights locked by default now?

No? I often join noobs in astrub to help them to fight treechnids and stuff.
1 -1
Score : 4266

it's not that obvious to new players that they can change the options so their fights are locked.

0 0
Score : 2459

My Feca frequently joins fights when he see's some new player try to take on a large mob in Astrub,.    Gives the new guy shields and AP boost, but otherwise stays out of the new player's way. 

I believe it is ok to join fights to AID someone, but joining a fight to assassinate low-levels is the same sort of griefer bullying that resulted in the removal of open-world PvP from the game. 

Locking fights will protect from the griefer's, but also prevents anyone from joining to help.

0 0

Preaty sure that joining a fight and then killing you ally on purpose is literally against the terms of use of Wakfu.

0 -1
Score : 724

Pretty sure people have a choice to accept or not, alot of new people just accept to see what it's like. (not that i do stuff like that personally)

0 0
Score : 2459

cody5|2019-04-04 13:40:08
Preaty sure that joining a fight and then killing you ally on purpose is literally against the terms of use of Wakfu.

Not entirely sure about that - if  you check the nations laws, you will see there is a "possible" law against killing allies, (called a "Brutas blow" I believe), so Ankama allowed the nations governors to choose whether or  not to outlaw such action in fights.   Certainly, killing an ally is a despicable act,, however, one must remember this is a ROLE-PLAYING game, and there are specific provisions for villainous outlaws in the game.   :unsure:

That said, anyone who consistently preys upon lower-level characters, acting as a griefer bully is violating the Wakfu terms of use in my opinion.  angry   
1 0

Yeah, you can RP but in a videogame: Rules > Roleplay.

The Outlaw state doesn't do anything, it just indicates that you violated a law several times.

0 0

If the player keeps stalking and interfering with other people's gameplay (for example: killing them several times without reason) then it is against the rules and he/she can be punished.

0 0
Score : 1273

This is a non-issue, no? Just decline the duel. If he spams to duel again it will deny him automatically. 

1 0
Respond to this thread