FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Celestial Door?

By 1vent - MEMBER - March 21, 2019, 15:23:09

Okay, so I'm blearily mining this morning and I come across this. Being rash and just a tad stupid before I've had my slug of cold pineapple tea (don't knock it), and lured by the indication of a wakfu source, I try to enter.

I like a mystery. Could be ravening, rabid tofus, could be a festive party with cake and live entertainment by Georgie and the Gobballs. I couldn't enter. Nadamundo. Not even a pop-up to tell me a prerequisite I need to meet in order to enter.

What's the deal? Is it my breath?

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 441

From what I know your Wakfu gauge needs to be at least 30% in order to enter. You'll find a Wakfu crystal which will give you a temporary bonus for planting experience(I think) if you interact with it, and some weapons forges where you can create some type of Wakfu weapons.
Just plant a bunch of stuff without cutting down and you should get to 30+% fairly easily.

0 0
Score : 4413

Huh. I'm already at 50. Odd.

0 0
Score : 4141

Are you maybe standing at the stasis door?
Or are you maybe at 50% stasis?

0 -1
Score : 1605

Not sure if they are both still around after the nations update, but there were TWO such doors... one led to the "Wakfu Source", the other led to the "Stasis Source"....  (think "Heaven" or "Hades"  people!)

If you mouse over the center of your lower taskbar, near the bottom of the "heart" it will display what your current "Wakfu / Stasis gauge" value is.... to enter the "Wakfu Source", you need at least 30% Wakfu, to enter the "Stasis Source" you need to be at least 30% Stasis.    Remember, that "Wakfu" and "Stasis" are OPPOSITES, so you can't be both, so only ONE of the TWO doors will accept you, and only if your actions to-date have been at least 30% slanted towards that door's ethos.

Its the old choice of do you wanna be GOOD or EVIL...  create life, or destroy life.  biggrin

(From what I've seen in Wakfu, more players are balanced towards "Stasis" and would appreciate This old Paul McCartney song!  )   tongue

0 0
Score : 3344

Destruction don't necessarily mean evil sad

0 -1
Score : 4141

Unfortunately, you couldn't really call foggernaut a stasis lifeform.
While it's true that they are capable of harnesing stasis with ease, that's because their soul is locked in a chamber of their robot body, making their body immune to the volatile effects of stasis on an organic body.
They ingest stasili, a crystal form of stasis as fuel for their spells, so the stasis isn't really part of them, they just shape it to form spells, like most classes do with wakfu from their environment.

Kait-Diaz|2019-03-23 20:35:39
I suppose that’s true, not having considered it from that aspect. Though Stasis also seems used by the Foggernauts of New Sufokia, both to power their machines and weapons, but I don’t think they’re robots and use protective suits instead. At least the crew of their vessels/machines isn’t robotic, though they appear to have some type of computer on them(not sure what all its properties are, however).

Hm... you mention the other classes using Wakfu for their abilities/spells but to what extent? Surely not to the extent as an Eliatrope can/does?

Hrm... oh, yeah, this reminds me(relating to the post I replied to saying that stuff about the Wakfu and Stasis counterbalance). If you go to Incarnam and ask Otomai “Is Stasis evil, then?” he’ll reply “Evil? No!”, that they are basically an equal and opposite force but that he’s oversimplifying it a lot, and that an imbalance in the two could result in some rather bad consequences such as the World ending or the destruction of the Krosmoz.

And while Stasis may be more destructive simply by its own nature, Wakfu is definitely a very good(?) weapon as well, enough that Nox decided to use his “Noxines” as Wakfu bombs and that a beam of Wakfu created by layering two portals ontop of each other can cut/(burn?) through stone like butter(I can tell because that was how Yugo destroyed the stone creature which protected Grougaloragran’s Dofus, animated by Grougal’s magic, or rather a draconic rune, by blasting a rather big hole into it with said beam), even if technically it is the energy of life.

There are 2 kinds of foggernauts, the old foggernauts that like in dofus use machines (and later stasis) to augment their abilities, but they moved to underwater cities before the ogrest's chaos and only emerged back into society during the anime.
The new foggernauts are a splinter group that incarnated into pre-built robot bodies to more easily explore underwater (due to not needing to breathe) and later decided to come to the surface (the class we play).
There' also a third faction called the Protoflex, but they seem to be purely mechanical qand noone knows how they work or who made them.

All classes have the ability to bend the wakfu in the environment to cast "spells", but only eliotropes and dragons produce their own wakfu (like the dofus).

Yes everything in the krosmos needs a balance of wakfu and stasis to survive, wakfu is the essence of flux and action while stasis is the essence of permanence and inertness (not sure how eliatropes can exist from just wakfu, but they seem to follow their own rules).

Pure anything can be seriously destructive,
while in diluted forms wakfu causes life to amplify and plants to sprout, pure wakfu can burn it's surroundings in its pure form (unless you can naturally handle stuff like that - dragons),
on the other hand we haven't seen much what stasis does (I'd assume it slows down aging), but pure stasis erodes stuff instantly like acid (unless you are made of stasis resistant metal - foggernauts).
They also both have a solid form that's safer to use and more inert, ogrine for wakfu and stasili for stasis.
0 -1
Score : 441

I suppose that’s true, not having considered it from that aspect. Though Stasis also seems used by the Foggernauts of New Sufokia, both to power their machines and weapons, but I don’t think they’re robots and use protective suits instead. At least the crew of their vessels/machines isn’t robotic, though they appear to have some type of computer on them(not sure what all its properties are, however).

Hm... you mention the other classes using Wakfu for their abilities/spells but to what extent? Surely not to the extent as an Eliatrope can/does?

Hrm... oh, yeah, this reminds me(relating to the post I replied to saying that stuff about the Wakfu and Stasis counterbalance). If you go to Incarnam and ask Otomai “Is Stasis evil, then?” he’ll reply “Evil? No!”, that they are basically an equal and opposite force but that he’s oversimplifying it a lot, and that an imbalance in the two could result in some rather bad consequences such as the World ending or the destruction of the Krosmoz.

And while Stasis may be more destructive simply by its own nature, Wakfu is definitely a very good(?) weapon as well, enough that Nox decided to use his “Noxines” as Wakfu bombs and that a beam of Wakfu created by layering two portals ontop of each other can cut/(burn?) through stone like butter(I can tell because that was how Yugo destroyed the stone creature which protected Grougaloragran’s Dofus, animated by Grougal’s magic, or rather a draconic rune, by blasting a rather big hole into it with said beam), even if technically it is the energy of life.

0 0
Respond to this thread