By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A Caution on Ankama DVD Formatting (It Varies)

By 1vent - MEMBER - March 15, 2019, 21:05:42

I've picked up a Season One of WAKFU and a volume of the DOFUS series, and found them to be not region-specific.

This is not the case with the DOFUS movie. I picked this up, assuming it would be similarly open-ended. On the good side, I got pretty flawless used copy for under $10 and the soundtrack CD which came with it. I already had the latter in digital form, but it's nice to have it in a 'hard' form. I've only been able to see it on a streaming site, but as I considered it a high point of animation, I'd spent some months trying to locate it on DVD.

My wife tells me I made a 'strangled chicken sound' when I put the disc on my laptop. I'm still having considerable spurts of post-op pain, and had taken the disc into the bedroom for a quiet rest and rewatch. Needless to say, I'm not about to tell her I 'oopsed.'

I am a bit curious as to why, given the wide distribution of the DOFUS and WAKFU animations, the movie would be specific to only one format? I;d have expected Ankama to release this heavily and across a huge footprint.

0 0
Reactions 2
Score : 3000

Season 3 of wakfu is still french only format too, just to give you the heads up if you buy it off ankama shop website.

0 0
Score : 4270

A qualification: I put the disc in the new laptop I use for scripting, and it plays fine. The first one I tried is bout 8 years ago. Newer Units evidently make adjustments,. At least my new Dell does.

0 0
Respond to this thread