By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A little dissappointed with the new "hairstyles"

By Granthese - MEMBER - March 09, 2019, 02:50:51

When Ankama announced the character creation got new hairstyles (and a new palette, which I'm NOT dissappointed) I didn't expect "here, take these 5 Iop wigs for EVERYBODY". Because thats what it is, half a dozen hairstyles for every class, including those who should definitely NOT have these oversized wigs like Xelor and Foggernaut.

9 -2
Reactions 20
Score : 208

I have to agree with you, though it is awesome to have some variety and being able to change our characters for no charge is a great bonus. I personally was hoping for a bit more variety with specific classes (different hat/hood styles for elio tropes for example would be neat) the new hair styles are cute but only work for specific classes while others feel awkward

4 -1
Score : 437

I have not seen the new hairstyles for characters, not being particularly bothered to play the beta, since I only started with Wakfu a couple of days ago, so I cannot comment on that particular aspect - but I can say something about the Eliotrope hats...having come from Dofus, where the Eliotropes have multiple options as to what their hats look like, and at least some variants have different hair, it’s at least nice to have the option to change things around if wanted - not that I mind the only one we have in Wakfu. Though if they make a hat variant where the “ears” point upwards, it’d look better if they were right next to the hat/head rather than there being a small distance between them, in my opinion(look at Nora from Islands of Wakfu, the extensions on her head are pretty much right next to it rather than sticking out a little, which if they do like in one hat variant in Dofus, makes them look like horns, which they aren’t).

While I’m at it...an option to disable equipment headgear showing on characters, please? I only play an Elio in Wakfu, and to me it just looks odd that the hat is completely gone, alongside the two “ears”, which are a part of their body, when I put headgear on my Elio. Maybe it’s just because I’m so used to seeing an Eliotrope with their regular hat, and prefer their appearance that way, but the “ears” on either side of their head are also a reason why they never take their hats off.

2 0
Score : 13480

Well, it's a starting. We might see more of them being added in a nearby future. Right?

2 -1
Score : 240

I was suprised by it since the devblog seemed to imply 10 unique new hairstyles per class, instead of the same 10 hairstyles.

2 0

Yeah, I thought so too! Figured I misread it or something

1 0
Score : 4593

Yeah I have several qualms with the new hairstyles:

1. Why the heck are they locked to a gender? It's not like any of them look particularly feminine or masculine.

2. The male ones all look mostly the same, especially number 2, 4 and 5

3. The new hairstyles got merged with other details certain classes had that were linked to hair:
Foggernaut and Sram: The hair got connected to the color of your accents, so any hair color you choose will also dictate the color of the majority of your body, making them look quite odd
Ecaflip and Pandawa: The old hairstlyes also had fur patterns connected to them, but the new ones just used the default one
Masqueraider and Ouguinak: The masqueraiders hairstyle is linked to the mask pattern they wear, but all the new hairstyles have mask pattern 1 linked with them, same with ouguinaks and their ear shapes
Eliotrope: Not linked, but seriously the new hairstlyes are useless with those sock hats.

So my suggestion is to add a separate option next to clothes and hair options for class details on those classes. 

6 -1
Score : 16248

If it's remotely possible to add those options, I would love having them. It might undercut some of the existing hairstyles but overall it'd be nice.

I would've loved some additional choices for specific classes (male srams with faces? female srams with masks?) but well, I guess we'll take what we can get.

1 0
Score : -4486

Give someone an inch, they want a mile.

If anything I'm disappointed in seeing people complain about more customization options. Perhaps Ankama shouldn't give you the new customization options if you don't like them so much.

Iop brain, Iops don't have cat ears. Just saying

3 -12
1 -1
Score : 4396

Ditto.

ThisisBot|2019-03-09 00:33:12
Yeah, I thought so too! Figured I misread it or something
0 0
Score : -19

Seriously quit crying no one is forcing you to use them

0 -5
Score : 437

Doubting whether I should or should not say this given that, based on your reaction above, you’ll almost certainly react negatively to this as well. But here I go anyway...

If people are unhappy with something it’s in their right to complain about it or say something about it, even if it’s just a customization option. And besides that, no one’s forcing you to read posts about people complaining about those hairstyles, to then only complain about the complainers. It makes you no better if not worse. Improvements don’t just come from not saying anything on something that’s clearly not right.

And, aside from this, the point of the post wasn’t to complain just to complain, but to give feedback regarding what options were given for customization and how they don’t fit certain classes(I mean, come on- robots with hair?), and they all seem to look more or less the same for every class. Yes, no one is forcing anyone to use any of them. But that doesn’t change the facts.

3 0
Score : 13558

I'm really thankful but really disappointed too because compared to dofus we got like 1% of what they got. Dofus got like 4 new hair styles per class in 2014 or something.

It's just not enough to really cover the personality of all these classes....If they made 2 new ones per class they could give xelor for example something that makes sense for them.

My suggestion to ankama is to add more and sell them on the shop. And you know people would buy them because it's something we really want.
1 0

I’m Sorry but u had me until the last bit about buying hairstyles in the shop.... Nah! XD

3 0
Score : 8426

Yep, it seems completely half-assed.

1 0
Score : 101

The saddest thing - I thought every class is gonna have have same amount of hairdos in the end, while in reality it just adds atop of what they already had (so some newer classes still have more options while older ones still got less). Having an even number of options across all of the classes (10-15 for all and any, for example) would be cool.

1 0

Well for certain classes like ouguinak only have 3 hairstyles per gender, but then they also have ear-styles, so it ends up with 12 combinations.
Imo, they should just add a separate option for such class details, s it isn't avalabile on certain classes like eca, masq and sram

0 -1
Score : 947

The problem we have is if ankama is going to do something, as tiefoone said, do it right...don't have half-ass it. thats worse than not doing it at all.

1 0
Respond to this thread