By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

PVP?

By Explain - MEMBER - February 23, 2019, 17:20:57

So its been years since many of us have played, after having the loud minority cry about losing in PVP, so it was removed entirely.

My question is, Ankama has to have seen the player population drop significantly after casualizing the game so much, is there any news of a rollback to before they listened to these degenerates?

5 -14
Reactions 22
Score : 310

PVP hasn't been removed entirely, if you hit Control+B in game you will find a list of the daily battlefields that people fight at

4 -4
Score : 2498

If you hit Control+B, you will see possible pvp modes in which you can collect flowers and boxes, this is a very worthy replacement for real pvp, isn't it (*sarcasm*) ?

Most of the active pvp players have left the game forever, there is no rollback and I think it will not happen. However, if you wish, you can find opponents.

7 -2
Score : -4382

Oh wait, so "real" PvP is when one person wants to PvP and is geared for it, while the other isn't geared for it but is forced to fight anyway?

I'm sure so many people quit the game because they are no longer forced into fights they don't want and aren't prepared for, (*sarcasm*).

Despite calling it "real PvP", sounds like the OP is upset that it's hard to greif people now.

LoL, the OP thinks people should be happy about losing fights they have no chance of winning? I didn't know "real" PvP involved bullying people. 

So a bunch of people quit this game because they could no longer be greifed? Or perhaps people quit this game because they were getting greifed.

If you want your "real" PvP, why not duel a willing opponent? Does something less than a guaranteed win terrify you that much?

Personally I really wish there was an arena or colloseum that rewarded small scale PvP. 

15 -8
Score : 1437

Pvp is still very much a thing for players who likes it. They either go to those battlefields or gather and plan events for it. There's already a community for it afaik in remington. Try checking the event submission in remington forum section. The newest event was just a few days ago. Whats the problem for those battlefield to have farming aspect to it such as those flowers and boxes? You can still engage in pvp with them can't you? It's an exclusively made pvp area so they should at least be be prepared for it even if they only intended to farm orbs or something. Unless aggroing newbies indiscriminately and feeling good about that is your thing then good riddance its removed. P.S the battlefield also have a somewhat nice level distribution so you can fully optimize your gears and fight those at the same level range.

also, there have been a discussion of this which someone made some good suggestions i could agree on for bringing that interface back.
https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/35-suggestions/236654-world-pvp-be-brought-back

7 -3
Score : 590

I hope Ankama is as enthusiast about PvP as some Wakfu YouTuber like Reg3e. I don't play as much now, but I still enjoy watching good PvP.

If only there's a proper match making system, and get pass all the unnecessary mini games, just good ol' PvP, like Kolossium.

5 -2
Score : 2369

ankama doesn't care about pvp players

4 -1
Score : 233

Yea... no good news coming I guess, as they already cancelled the PvP tournament (again) and said PvP changes coming  """probably""" 2020. You can follow in their post for 2019 changes.

https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/193-news/236702-our-lines-work-wakfu-2019

1 0
Score : 986

We're hosting a new 3v3 endgame tournament on Nox on the 9th of March... to hold you over tongue it'll be streamed on my twitch https://www.twitch.tv/pandinade

0 -2
Score : 76

The tl;dr is, the forum is toxic and full of casuals (people who plays for a bit then jump games), and Ankama will continue to listen to them instead of their core players (people who sticks with Wakfu even after all the bad decisions made by Ankama to appease the casuals) that has been with the franchise since the beginning.

2 -9
Score : 591

Ankama is doing really good changes(dung.,nation,cosmetics etc.) since 3-4 mothns and im sure they will decide what is better for pvp too.

3 0
Score : 1772

smorespie|2019-02-24 13:12:17
Oh wait, so "real" PvP is when one person wants to PvP and is geared for it, while the other isn't geared for it but is forced to fight anyway?

I'm sure so many people quit the game because they are no longer forced into fights they don't want and aren't prepared for, (*sarcasm*).

Despite calling it "real PvP", sounds like the OP is upset that it's hard to greif people now.

LoL, the OP thinks people should be happy about losing fights they have no chance of winning? I didn't know "real" PvP involved bullying people. 

So a bunch of people quit this game because they could no longer be greifed? Or perhaps people quit this game because they were getting greifed.

If you want your "real" PvP, why not duel a willing opponent? Does something less than a guaranteed win terrify you that much?

Personally I really wish there was an arena or colloseum that rewarded small scale PvP. 

Take my downvote good sir. Open world PK has its own charm and no one can deny that.
2 -6
Score : 1004

legendaryxelor|2019-03-14 04:08:30
The tl;dr is, the forum is toxic and full of casuals (people who plays for a bit then jump games), and Ankama will continue to listen to them instead of their core players (people who sticks with Wakfu even after all the bad decisions made by Ankama to appease the casuals) that has been with the franchise since the beginning.

you can't pay for the game alone, you need the casual players. 
0 -6
Score : 76

Are they really paying tho? The 95% of casuals always leave the game before paying a single cent. Fortnite, Apex, the usual.

3 -5
Score : 28

There is a thin line between pvp and matchmaking. Matchmaking I feel is the missing thing we're all longing for, battlefield's "pvp" is somewhat unfair because its designed to keep the top players/nations at the top, while most other players (and DEFINITELY the new players) are like sitting ducks and don't even have a chance to get better gear. While I'm all for customization and such, I feel Battlefield should have every player on even grounds, and only the most strategic wins. Other than that, I feel matchmaking (like a ranked matchmaking system) for groups and/or solo would be a great addition to the game.

3 0

i dont think all new planned system by ankama has been released totally. i guess after while everything will be fit and rivalry. They can need time, because Turn based tactical rpg is better platform instead of card turn based games and it is needed more time  to re-code its faults or changes.As i said Ankama has done lots of changes about animation-cosmetic-replanned expriences-recipes.-fixed bugs-new added short quests-new designed info cards and pictures for gears (you may not be noticed,you can check  mushd mask before after etc.).

0 0
Score : 1004

legendaryxelor|2019-03-15 05:07:01
Are they really paying tho? The 95% of casuals always leave the game before paying a single cent. Fortnite, Apex, the usual.

let's say remington have 20,000 players, 6% would be 1,200 players. if every player spend $10 dollars every month in wakfu it would get, let's say $12,000.00 dollars only with remmington. Do you think $12,000.00 could pay just to sustain remington server? do you think remington has 20,000 or more players? 

did you even looked for what you said?

JonTurk|2019-03-15 21:11:11
12,000.00,did you calculate outcomes? server costs,copyrights,worker rights,shareholders etc.

that is what I am saying, you need casual players to help sustain the game. You can't pay the server with $12k.
5 0

12,000.00,did you calculate outcomes? server costs,copyrights,worker rights,shareholders etc.

0 0
Score : 12733

Man, I limited myself just to downvoting the main post, but it's impossible not to post about all this nonsense... <_<

First,

Explain
So its been years since many of us have played, after having the loud minority cry about losing in PVP, so it was removed entirely.

My question is, Ankama has to have seen the player population drop significantly after casualizing the game so much, is there any news of a rollback to before they listened to these degenerates?

the problem is not about a minority about losing in PvP, it's about a minority imposing their PvP crap on everyone else up to the point of causing a whole server to become almost a desert, and a flooding of daily complains in forum and support service about the open attacks. This is the problem of PvPers like YOU, whose only opinion is "there is only PvP, and nothing else beyond it". Most of the playerbase is composed of non-PvPers judging by the battlefield and arenas status, and labeling them as "degenerates" will only play against you in your defense of open PvP. And that forced open PvP behavior was what sent many casuals away from the game, not the lack of PvP, because there are other things to do beyond PvP in the game. Which is what you seem to fail to understand here.

Second, if they cater the casual playerbase, it will be because they are the best choice for them to keep the game surviving, right? We would need a chart about Ankama's fishing reports, but using that other one as an example:

PLAYER TYPE, AMOUNT x AVERAGE SPENDING = TOTAL INCOME
Minnows, 35.3MM x $0.94 = $33,182,000
Dolphins, 14.3MM x 8.15 = $116,545,000
Whales+KWhales, 2.5MM x 29.37 = $73,425,000
Killer Whales alone, 700k x 68.27 = $47,789,000

Unless one is a complete Iop, it's clear that quantity beats quality. The casual playerbase provides incomes that are more than the sum of moneybags. So, from an enterprising point of view, would I sacrifice the Minnows and Dolphins to retain the whales and killer whales? Or would I sacrifice the whales and killer whales to keep the Minnows and Dolphins? Damn it, the casuals give more incomes with their petty low value sales in mass. Minnows and Dolphins for the win. The ecosystem needs them both to continue existing. Kill them all, and the ecosystem dies with them. No preys, no food, no life.

Again, we would need Ankama's income reports to have an accurate data, but they are the ones that know the best who is providing the most incomes for them, so no possible way for you nor any of us to know better than them what part of the playerbase sustains their coffers. But it's a common thing having microtransactions beating the moneysinkers in most of online and mobile games. No need to make it pay-to-play, things like aesthetical stuff that barely has any effect in-game are a very common and stable source of incomes. So, try to understand this at once, and stop once, and again, and again, pushing your PvP crap through the throats of the casual playerbase that doesn't want anything to do with PvP at all.
5 -1
Respond to this thread