By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Score : 11775

Closing of the Wakfu discord server

By cody5 - MEMBER - October 31, 2018, 15:23:05
AnkaTracker

On 9. november Ankama is shitting down the wakfu discord servers because "it's time consuming and not all players use it".
I personally think this is a terrible idea, what do you think?

First Ankama intervention

Hey guys,

We'd have to close this thread for heavy moderation. We've explained that we want to optimise on how we gather feedback. 

Moderation is not really the issue why we decided to close down our Discord server. Out of all our communication channels, Discord needs the most time and effort in filtering information due to the huge amount of "chatter" it has. Information here is real time and those that need our attention sometimes get overrun by other discussions.

If you experience any issues or bugs, the best way is to make a thread here in the forum or file a ticket in our Support page.

See message in context
Reactions 19
Score : 1212

I agree... Most of our concerns can easily be addressed there. 

Score : 456

lets make one for us.

Score : 509

If they really want to use that kind of logic they should shut down the game too.

Score : 1695

Rest in peace

Score : 1196

No more enio face sad

Score : 4689

RIP I will miss you, your death will separate the community

Score : -358

The Unofficial Official Discord server will be missed, but there a good number of alternative discord servers for use.

< Forum Rules > is the one used by Reddit and has a good several hundred people using it for the English Wakfu Community. 

If the link above expires or gets removed, you can find access to that discord on the Wakfu subreddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/wakfu/

Do note that that's an English only server, so if there's some French or other servers able to be used, that'd be ideal for their community. Same goes for the Spanish speakers. 

Score : 315
Sees Hook as one of the moderators, well this unofficial Wakfu Reddit is as good as dead, when it's being run by a biased tyrant filtering your post, if he doesn't like it, he'll down vote the f out of it.
Score : 7685

I would like to write so many things, but that's meaningless at this point.

Score : 1698

I am against that, and no unofficial discord server can do anything about it: it was the easiest way to report a behaviour to a mod!

Score : 3817

It was only the easiest way because the mod system of the game is broken.... I would rather have them fix it than relying on discord tbh...

Score : 2015

u know a game is in it's downfall when managing a discord server is considered "time consuming" hahahaha

Score : 1698

dofus too will close its discord server.

Score : 15725

Ankama's laziness knows no limits.

I ran a prviate voice chat server using Mumble from June 2012 to July 2014 I think it was 35 slots.

I ran a public teamspeak server from July 2014 to April 2018, I even kept running, I quit at least 1 year ago becuase people was still using it. This server was 50 slot.

So for 6 years I have been paying for voice chat servers and moderating them. I did get some help with moderating. Discord didn't even exist back in my day.

Moderating is only time consuming if you do not have clear rules and are scared of banning people.

If they had a little bit more logic, they would leave the server up and state that it will not be moderated.

Hey guys,

We'd have to close this thread for heavy moderation. We've explained that we want to optimise on how we gather feedback. 

Moderation is not really the issue why we decided to close down our Discord server. Out of all our communication channels, Discord needs the most time and effort in filtering information due to the huge amount of "chatter" it has. Information here is real time and those that need our attention sometimes get overrun by other discussions.

If you experience any issues or bugs, the best way is to make a thread here in the forum or file a ticket in our Support page.