FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How does Ankama reward one of their longest paying customer / player?

By Reg3e - MEMBER - July 02, 2018, 22:24:54
AnkaTracker
  • Push a reset button and wipe their account for absolutely no reason.

Ankama had a choice of performing a roll back 10 minutes after 1.60 server re-open. Instead they choose to wait it out and inject the missing data bit by bit. 3 days I can understand, but 2 weeks and counting?

As far as I'm concern, each day my PvP, PvM, Profession gears gear are still missing, is another day Ankama outright scammed my subscription time, locking me out from doing any content.
7 0
First Ankama intervention

Hello asia-Reg3e,

We've provided updates and notices regarding this bug so if you would like to continue its discussion, please do so here. We understand how inconvenient this bug is, so we ask for your patience while we verify the data of those affected. We also want for you to have your items as soon as possible.

See message in context
Reactions 2

Hello asia-Reg3e,

We've provided updates and notices regarding this bug so if you would like to continue its discussion, please do so here. We understand how inconvenient this bug is, so we ask for your patience while we verify the data of those affected. We also want for you to have your items as soon as possible.

If I may add some information as well:

"Ankama had a choice of performing a roll back 10 minutes after 1.60 server re-open."

This would have only been worse as it would have triggered the issue for more players. The problem came from a bug that occured with each server restart. Therefore, doing a rollback before fixing the issue itself wouldn't have helped the situation.

We understand how inconvenient this problem is and I can assure you that the complete team is working on it! It's a tricky process to create because we have to send many items back to their owners. Here are several issues that we had to deal with:
- We had first to identify the bug, reproduce it and apply a correction with a hotfix so it won't happen again (which was done on the 28.06.18). Sending back the items without fixing the issue was of course not an option as it would have occured again. Then...
- If people put new items in the chests, we needed to keep them somewhow and not erase them with our previous save! Then where do we send them?
- If people added new kitea, it was the same issue. Again, where and how do we send them to players as it's an item that disappears after using it.
- If people were in our data files but they didn't lost anything (or not everything), we would have had created duplicates so we had to check them all.
- Some of the cases are trickier and we'll have to deal with them one by one, by hand.
- All our game servers are not hosted on the same servers and therefore, the process is has to be different.
- We had to code this complete process to be safe for all the players.

This is why it takes some time. Because we want to make sure that people don't lose anything, that we do not create duplicates and that all the players get their items back safely. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We will come back to you as soon as we have settled a date to send the items back.