FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

DY7 out ! Waven to come ! Wakfu shut down?

By pablotopo1 - MEMBER - June 29, 2018, 06:35:12
AnkaTracker

Hi dear CMs , i really concern about whats comming next , please give us more info because we still blind even with Gamakna or the site news :s ... is not nice to think that the game is ending(the anime ended so..) ....but come on Ankama , you with these wierd changes make no sense and make us think maybe you want to slowly kill the playerbase until declare bankruupt :s ....im concern thats all and we need some good news of whats comming next .

It is right to think that maybe you need some kind of ways to give to playerbase in order to migrate to other products(games) due to the delay or crisis that happen time to time ?

this because was years invest in playing these and i feel is not the playerbase that want to stop playing , but the owners to stop developing:s

best regards ,

fellow fan and player

3 -3
First Ankama intervention

Hello,

In a video game company (like in all companies), many people come and go. This is not the first time someone from the team leaves to discover new grounds and someone else comes in!

Saying that the game won't continue because one member of the team has left is pretty mean to other members of the team who work as much as he did to improve your experience.

We recruited many developers these past few months and game designers as well. If we recruited it's because we have many plans for it. As for now, we are working on cleaning the important bugs and improving your game experience.

PS: The anime didn't end either. happy

See message in context
Reactions 12
Score : 10488

Even if something bad would happen inside company nobody will tell you, so asking CM's to say you for example "yea we have the worst situation in the company ever" is just silly. Anyway thats not the reason to cryin around. Many employee left Ankama Studio and game still exist. We can wonder why they done it but there is dozens of reasons and we will never know the truth about it.
Dy7 was a lead game developer and he just go away to do other staff in life, thats the way things works, u work in one place to get better and finnaly u reach ur limit there and need new environment.
That kind of movement in lead development happen in Wakfu so calm down. Lets see what times brings to us.

Accusing Ankama for secretly killing population? Ehhh... okey lets face it. Ankama made a lot of bad decision in career. But for a love of God u think that dozens of adults tryin to quietly close the game by "killing the playerbase" istead of just close the project that doesnt give them money?
Think about it, put yourself in a role of Big Boss in the company. Did u put your manpower and money into project that generate losses or u close project?

Ankama never showed graphs or something like that, how many playeres are in game or others or others, u need to see them as a small game company. Im not Ankama fanboy nor a FR defender. I really don't like some decisions made inside Anakma and what impact on Wakfu that decisions had.
Im bloody mad when I think last new PVE for endgame was released half year ago and it was mineral update. But 3 classes rework is not nothing, thats a lot of work to do and Im aware of that. Workhours of many ppl who developed this changes by you are compare to stealthy killing game. Its not fine bc not everything was a fail.

Im sure many menpower go to Waven (new Ankama game), but u need to remember Wakfu team for a long time is one of the smallest. And thats makes me angry bc game I loved and played 6 years in it is not loved by company as much as I want to. But that how it is any kind of "gotcha" topics will not change that. Dofus get a new pve last time, we still have the same, sad, at least we have als and can make even oldest duns attractive. Im still tired of old content but if u want to find in game something to do you will find I promise. U need to give up with negative attitude for a moment.

Still I hope that new Lead Developer will come to Ankama Studio as soon as possible and will put some spirit into team. I have wet dreams about new content and all the changes but for now im waiting and tryin to not flood forum with pointless hur dur topics.

Greetings,
Percy

0 -1
Score : 1711
Where are we now?
4 0

Hello,

In a video game company (like in all companies), many people come and go. This is not the first time someone from the team leaves to discover new grounds and someone else comes in!

Saying that the game won't continue because one member of the team has left is pretty mean to other members of the team who work as much as he did to improve your experience.

We recruited many developers these past few months and game designers as well. If we recruited it's because we have many plans for it. As for now, we are working on cleaning the important bugs and improving your game experience.

PS: The anime didn't end either. happy

Score : 11740

I am sorry but, you have to understand that players panic because of this. A few years ago Troyle left the team and that kinda hit the game hard... Even after Wyzzyrd and Sebheksis left the game went down in productivity alot...
We already lost literally all ingame communications with moderators and there is NO ingame moderation from ankama what so ever. The players i spoke to (new players ive been trying to recruit for my guild to give them a player pool to play with) are just starting out and already feel that they are heavily discouraged to play the game past level 30 without feeling pushed by the game to buy everything because of the pop ups everywhere.

I know it might sound mean but you also have to realise that this soggy excuse of "focussing on getting rid of the bugs" is not cutting it anymore because atleast i have heard this excuse as a copy paste reaction for the past 5 years.

The game from 2013 and now only has gotten worse and doesn't feel authentic anymore, for the goodhearted players clinging on the idea that i am false, please reconsider your own trust in ankama and just look at it with a third person perspective.

4 0
Score : 1756

I can't understand the think process behind "lead GD left == game is shutting down"

and waven is basically dofus cube with changed name that is in development for more than half year

1 -1
Score : 102

The thing to meditate on in this is the fact that like Dy7 said,(I still don't know where im going) wich makes lots of blanks to fill,why leave a great job unless he sees the ship sinking or bad direction and is so bad for personal reasons that he decided to just leave?,.Most ppl usualy find something before leaving,or did he got fired?,pretty hard to believe,yes people come and go in companies but big long time good assets like him,Sabi and some is just big bad news.

2 0
Score : 1711

Who was the replacement for Sabi's position again?

0 0
Score : 615

mmm, is not mean Owlie is just that Ankama is confusing us and keep blinding us on the specific changes that most of them should be at least test for good and for others ask community ....
i mean , if Ankama is interest on having some game ranking , must be in more connection with the playerbase  just to point few  critical  situation.... look at the market behaviour , just 15% or less of the entire Ankama items,gears,mats, etc  are relevant at selling or reselling .... this is not us , this is developing  , we can set prices but if ankama just focus on few relevant  gears that are a must on different levels then the recepies are just relevant on those and people will try make kamas by grinding those mats , not the others  so basically the problem is not us is ankama target on few relevant gears .....
example you placed the souvenir gears (great gears) but also killed with the pvp gears that are way faster or easier to obtain ....not to mention norgod gears omg , these are less relevant every new gear content , so how in the krosmoz someone is focusing on fight that annoying boss? ... my english is bad sorry but hope you get the point ....
all this i said is just a little example of how broken is the general game  , this turns into a bad feeling among the playerbase ...so there you go lot of people crying even if the team is working hard for make player base happy ....

ankama never think about the invest of time and kamas to get an edgame gear for a random player? takes months or even years just to build a character to just having a light decission like a full  class rework and i dont talk because of the rogue but all that is comming next if we just step aside:S

thanks for the good work btw

0 -1
Score : 3965

hah,bet it was due to my departure cool

1 -1
Score : 4415

Politics. Bah, humbug.

0 0
Respond to this thread