FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Player 7teen Has Left the Game

By #[Dy7] - ANKAMA - June 28, 2018, 14:40:07

Hi everyone,

I'm here to let you know I'll be leaving Ankama in the coming days. After more than four years spent on the project WAKFU, I wanted to see new things and to experience new adventures! Unfortunately, that means I'll be leaving you.

First of all, I'd like to thank you – the players of WAKFU – because without you, nothing would have been possible. I know it may seem a catchall phrase, but we develop video games first and foremost because you enjoy playing them and, I must admit, because we enjoy making you happy, immersing you in an adventure we've built and continue to build and bring to life. And it makes us all the more happier to read your positive comments and feedback. In any case, it's one of my great motivators in game design and what made it my passion.

Just like you, I had – and still do have – a passion for WAKFU and the Ankama universe, so I'll keep following what's going on in the game with great interest. Having also been a player, and even a participant in the community, I wanted to tell you that I greatly enjoyed reading all your feedback, including your criticisms and raised voices. With the game design team, I worked to offer you the game experience that best matched your expectations, that was the freest and best possible, while not forgetting that WAKFU is intended for many different profiles.

Next, I'd also like to thank the WAKFU team and all the staff involved, who welcomed me, with whom I worked to offer you the game you now know, and alongside whom I've learned a lot and spent many good times. The WAKFU team, as well as Ankama, is full of great people who deserve to be known, and I hope you'll be kind to them. Keep giving them your gaming passion, because it's what feeds their own passion, and keep bringing WAKFU to life!

For the more curious ones among you, you should know that I don't yet know what I'm going to do next, but if you want to stay up to date, you can always follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DySeath

Enjoy the game, and I wish you all the best for the future!

See ya!

First Ankama intervention
See message in context
Reactions 34
Score : 3991

i somewhat expected a title similar to that ,for those who doesn't get it,dy7 can be read in fr as 17

0 0
Score : 2316

dix sept, dysept deuvıy sept, IDK I can't read dy like dix

1 0
Score : 7188

You'll be missed.

Good luck on your future endeavours!

0 0
Score : 11865

Thank u Dy7, I will miss talks on #beta on discord, u are irreplaceable. The most open GD for conversation about the game and updates.
I can't say anything else then gl'hf in your career and life!

2 0
Score : 396

-salutes silently-

0 0
Score : 745

Thanks for all and farewell! Find your way and enjoy it!

0 0
Score : 844

May your Sails catch Golden Winds!

1 -1
Score : 1488

Thanks for everything these past years!

0 0
Score : 591

Thank you, for what you helped me with and what you've gone through the past few years. Hope the path to success has many good things in store for you. smile

0 0
Score : 1744

Awe, good luck in your future endeavors! 

0 0
Score : 1662

I am truly sad to see you go, Dy7. I've always liked talking with you and the impression of yours that makes me feel the developers listen to us, and seeing you go will leave a mark in my Wakfu memory. I suppose anything gets to an end. Good luck with your future projects, and have a good one!

1 -1
Score : 5

Who will be the next lead game designer? 

0 0
Score : 1385

DELETED

0 0
Score : 3311

Farewell Dy7. Hopefully the other developers are as open to communication as you were. Interaction with players is what makes you a top developer, even though we criticized some of game changes.

2 0
Score : 17383

Oh man, another veteran dev leaving the boat... Thanks for your time both in game and in forum giving us info about the innard working of the game.

1 0
Score : 1708

Did we get a whole year of Astub revamps before this guy arrives at wakfu?

0 0
Score : 12951

We did, we've had like 3 or 4 astrub revamps, probably 3.

0 0
Score : 2108

Good luck and much success on your life!

0 0
Score : 9185

See you around on the internet.
And may the 12 gods bless your future's paths.

0 0
Score : 4348

Geez, this one was bad. We need Dy7 he was a very community driven Dev.

Yes, you will be missed.

1 0
Score : 12951

Take care Dy7, I know whatever you do next will be more worth your time. You were a good designer but limited by the small staff in every aspect of the game, they wanted you to make every small change into a big project so everything took forever to do and finish instead of seeing it as many small changes to make the game fun.

The previous Lead game designer had the same problem placed on him, ankama wanted him to make everything into a big project instead of dividing projects into "small changes" and "long term projects." Everything with ankama is a big project so the frustration and the problems build up year after year.

Thank you for listening to the feedback during spell deck sadida, too bad everyone pushed you in different directions (some wanted lone sadida, some wanted to turn air branch into something weird, some wanted water branch to be healing branch) so it ended up not having a theme. But at least you tried.

Hopefully wakfu's future is better but with Waven on the way I think the creative ideas will just go to that. Wakfu's roadmap doesn't have anything exciting, nation revamp will probably be delayed and with 200 levels the population won't grow so I don't know what else they could do to save the sinking ship.

Good luck, see you in Waven

We saw what happened when Azael left, everything was pushed back so I really don't expect much to happen this year...that's really sad, not much was happening already.

0 0
Respond to this thread