By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Score : 5239

Discussion: random territory award and locked supplies

By Markzs - MEMBER - May 13, 2018, 21:10:33
DevTracker AnkaTracker

Hey!
I'd like to start a discussion about these two topics on title.

When Battlegrounds launched, supplies weren't locked to players. This was great because you could call supply for someone who needs a buff or use a strategy where some build kill militia and other gather. However, this was abused and people started to steal supplies. This lead to an extreme frustrating experience and this was fixed by locking supplies. Which kinda solved the problem, but not being able to call supply for other players breaks some of the immersion in battlegrounds with pre-made teams and friends.

How we're talking about game design, we can explain why people were stealing supplies (from their own team).
Greater grades = Higher grade, better rewards.
Territory conquest = more points acquired by a certain nation would give the territory to them

But this was fixed. Pay attention: it was announced announced that territories were given randomly between all nations victorious, given at least on player of a given nation had participated.
> but by experimentation people saw that was not the case and started to legitimize their negative behavior (stealing supplies).

This was fixed and now battlegrounds are truly randomly given. But supplies are locked too.
By doing these two changes, now the frustration experience comes by managing several players to actually try to win the battleground and having its territory given to another nation who haven't contributed the same amount than another whole nation. This is making people less interested in PvP.

What are your opinions?
- Markx from Efrim

First Ankama intervention

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. smile

We haven't change the way the territory is given at the end of a battlefield.

The territory is given to a random nation who has enough participated but the requirement is not high and doesn't justify to steal boxes on its own.

The territory is not given to the nation who has participated the most because it would be the worst thing to do. Adding competition inside a cooperation always leads to very unhealthy behaviors.

A random attribution isn't perfect but is the fairest way to attribute the territory in this case and can be changed only by changing the concept.

It can be frustrating if you take one single battleground into consideration but in the end, nations who participate the most and defend their territory own more battlefields than other.

See message in context
Reactions 7
Score : 11349

The territories are granted RANDOMLY?????
Boy, that is just wrong...

The logical way would be, to give the territory to the nation that earned the most points.
In my opinion the crate locking is a necessary thing, because NOTHING is worse than having a supply being stolen right from under your nose, without any chance to defend against that.

I don't see much reason to plant for other people (unless i got a friend who joined up late and i wanna help him "catch up").
But that could be done if the locking-time is reduced. I do not know how long it currently is, but since it is only meant to defend against those ****** ***** ***** crate stealers (opponents are MEANT to attack you and steal your crates...kinda), a very short period would already be enough, like 5 seconds.

That way no one can take your crate, if he is not meant to do it.

Score : 56
The territories are granted RANDOMLY?????
Boy, that is just wrong...

That's indeed super wrong... I always thought it would be granted to the Nation that earned the most points (because that would be logical). But then after many battlegrounds I found very strange that one Nation (with not so many participants) got the territory... I think the reason may be technical... let's hope this can change soon...
Score : 56
This was fixed and now battlegrounds are truly randomly given. But supplies are locked too.
By doing these two changes, now the frustration experience comes by managing several players to actually try to win the battleground and having its territory given to another nation who haven't contributed the same amount than another whole nation. This is making people less interested in PvP.

I totally agree with this, this isn't logical at all, that's why in Aerafal we have Bonta (with no alliance) which got many territories but are never able to defend them...  I mean if people go to attack a territory it's to earn it right ? So what's the purpose to give your best in a battleground to then realize that the territory has been given to an other Nation with very few participants...

I hope this may change quickly !

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. smile

We haven't change the way the territory is given at the end of a battlefield.

The territory is given to a random nation who has enough participated but the requirement is not high and doesn't justify to steal boxes on its own.

The territory is not given to the nation who has participated the most because it would be the worst thing to do. Adding competition inside a cooperation always leads to very unhealthy behaviors.

A random attribution isn't perfect but is the fairest way to attribute the territory in this case and can be changed only by changing the concept.

It can be frustrating if you take one single battleground into consideration but in the end, nations who participate the most and defend their territory own more battlefields than other.

Score : 5239

Hey Dy7,

I really appreciate your thoughts on the current designs, I like to know how the dev team approaches a given situation (even though you can't tell us everything :p).

"Adding competition inside a cooperation always leads to very unhealthy behaviors.". Indeed, thanks for pointing that out. I'll wait until more changes are made into current PvP, I'm sure the team is working on it.

Thank you for the feedback's feedback~

Respond to this thread