FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Zinit will never be free

By wandererAGw - MEMBER - April 18, 2018, 17:36:03
Reactions 66
Score : 296

Well that's a bummer, so basicaly, the fact i bought myself some sidekicks for real money doesn't mean squat since i did not buy a booster pack? What the hell?
Either f2p with gameplay boosting gear, or subscription, make up you mind. 

1 0
Score : 14499

Use sidekicks from inventory, asign troop leader in the sidekicks panels using the proper button, and once your main char is named troop leader, try adding the sidekicks to the party.

1 0
Score : 591

TheRogueCat|2018-10-07 22:40:24
Use sidekicks from inventory, asign troop leader in the sidekicks panels using the proper button, and once your main char is named troop leader, try adding the sidekicks to the party.

Pretty sure he was referring to the fact that even if he paid for something in the store, spending real money on the game, he can't access Zinit part2, which is exclusive for booster users.
3 0
Score : 4781

Well that's a bummer, so basically, the fact i bought myself some wheels for real money doesn't mean squat since i did not buy a car?

You can't buy just a wheel, and expect to take it for a ride now isn't it?
The in-game shop items are just accessories only,
Where as the booster is the actual car which you have to buy to drive.

2 -3
Score : 531

it's not a perfect comparison, because these "wheels" would be still useful to a "pedestrian" (the sidekick for a non-booster player). And being pedestrian isn't so bad really, now it would be nice to pay the staff if you like their job, but they let you do huge things for a pedestrian.

0 0
Score : 950

Come on, guys! For the business model proposed, there should be even more locked content. What are you expecting? Ankama has staff to pay, facilities, bills...please, be reasonable. Dofus is even more restricted. When the game was released, everyone had to pay subscription, just to be able to play the game. They came up with this booster model and you are complaining? For heaven's sake...

1 -2
Score : 591

iNTiMiD4T0R|2018-10-10 03:33:16
Well that's a bummer, so basically, the fact i bought myself some wheels for real money doesn't mean squat since i did not buy a car?

You can't buy just a wheel, and expect to take it for a ride now isn't it?
The in-game shop items are just accessories only,
Where as the booster is the actual car which you have to buy to drive.

Dormammu|2018-10-10 05:33:57
Come on, guys! For the business model proposed, there should be even more locked content. What are you expecting? Ankama has staff to pay, facilities, bills...please, be reasonable. Dofus is even more restricted. When the game was released, everyone had to pay subscription, just to be able to play the game. They came up with this booster model and you are complaining? For heaven's sake...

That's the kind of mindset that's killing the game and making sure that Ankama can push even more predatory practices with their cash-only products and market management.
Any company and business has bills to pay and all that, but that doesn't mean that you have to be absolutely awful about it, trying to milk every cent from your playerbase, while if you decide to stay f2p, welp, sucks to be you.

I'd like to spend money on the game because I'm having fun and feel like it deserves some love, not because they forced my hand.
Most games also have a way for the more dedicated players to get said "premium currency" (heck, they have this on Dofus aswell), so they can eventually, with a "little bit" of grind, get said currency and spend it however they want...be it special costumes or items, services or whatever.

Gating content forever behind a paywall is never a good idea...nor for the whales (unless you like playing alone), nor for the others...so don't go around throwing random analogies that have nothing to do with the current state of the game and excusing their approach to these things.
1 0
Score : 4781

The game does not force you to buy a booster, I have played without booster for years and i never felt dragged down or any thing and the contents are not closed behind paywall forever.

Moon used to be booster only zone before zinit came out.
Now moon is free for all, and even opened up zinit lower slopes as well.
They only locks the content for a time period and opens them when new content or a time period has passed.

1 -1
Score : 46

Dormammu|2018-10-10 03:33:57

iNTiMiD4T0R|2018-10-10 13:48:35
The game does not force you to buy a booster, I have played without booster for years and i never felt dragged down or any thing and the contents are not closed behind paywall forever.

Moon used to be booster only zone before zinit came out.
Now moon is free for all, and even opened up zinit lower slopes as well.
They only locks the content for a time period and opens them when new content or a time period has passed.

Howdy!
Well, it depends on your definition of "Force", of course it doesn't make you BUY a booster to boot up the game. 
Content may not be locked behind a pay-wall forever, but Zinit has been closed for quite a long time considering it possesses the final tiers of equipment in an MMO, where stats matter. Either Zinit or PvP, both require you to purchase some sort of micro-transaction to achieve naturally. 
And hell, they made only the most useless part of Zinit free for all. 

Now I give you this, around the time Xel Present was the new content, boosters and micro-transactions were not so crucial as they are now, by countless reasons, such as but not bound to:
Ultimate Bosses, Modulox quests and Battlegrounds being ALS only;
Bosses from Moon and beyond requiring a tank, healer, and highly powerful (And expensive) gear [what results in most people using heroes, lowering the LFGs for everyone else without a booster, to the point of scarcity. Not mentioning that most people that use heroes also multibox, completely eliminating them from any possible LFG.]; 
Drops from most mobs being nerfed to lower tiers and requiring materials to have said tier raised, some materials that are from booster-only zones; 
And I can go on. 

Truth is, the insulting part is that the company does not need to do all this to have a stable(and even profitable) income. I've seen people from this community that loved the game enough to give it money and publicity, but if my anecdote is not something to trust, simply research the community around 2013 yourself. 
They've constantly been pumping out abuse and intrusive "content" to enforce boosters and ALS on people [Pop-ups, enforcing ALS in dungeons, UBs and PvP, etc.], to the point of such annoyance that most people either quit the game or give onto the urge to give money to the company.

Ironically, the company could make much more money not by reliance on whales (Since the money here is short lived and creates a toxic and oblivious community), Sponsored Dungeons (What company in their sane mind would collab with a dying MMO) or constantly gating off content. The best way for the game to profit and grow a healthy community would be to give the game(and by proxy the community) love and polish.

Either case this is my 2 cents, my soon to be buried 2 cents.

PS: The bills of a company like Ankama should NOT be so high to the point of requiring such systems, either some of you are overblowing their expenses or Ankama is poorly managing their economy.
3 0

I think the moment they added the pop-ups, it was because they realized that they didn't make enough money. Plus you're probably aware a part of the Wakfu staff went to the team of Dofus Dungeon (without to be replaced, and until they gave up on the DoDu project). I guess if they did so, it was because they were hesitating on giving means to Wakfu...

0 0
Score : 829

too late.. when i come back to this game and i found a lot of ppls i know already quit coz of that P2P. they already lost a lot ppls. they dont even do good promotion.. just from player to player. so basically they loose player they cant do promotion. so we play this game and appreciate them with bring some fresh player here.. and hopefuly they are rich. coz the game currency are diff in every country. so i made a thread to anakama to open zinith before christmas. coz i saw and i hope someof old player come back to see the progress of ankama in wakfu and maybe thats make them interest to back play this game.

they was thinking to make it pay to play.. thats why they want to close zinit area before.. sadly they loose a lot ppls.. yeah i hhope they do more advertising. and make orgines payment more easy at some country. i really wanna buy orgines but the credit cards things.. not all ppl have credit cards. i saw a lot of games can purchase ingame by tokens.. why anakama notopen their game purchasment by tokens.

0 0

they plan to do a big advertising, but probably after the new nations are online. But Wakfu is not a pay to play.

0 0
Respond to this thread