FR EN ES PT
Browse forums
Score : 2742

Petsmount Permits: Maybe A Short Cut?

By 1vent - MEMBER - April 14, 2018, 21:47:27
Being in the middle of a wife-enforced health break from voice work gives me a lot of time to get annoyed. In specific about having ordered (via the shop) a dragoturkey and custom rig and assigning it, in error to my REMI pandawa and not my NOX pandawa. No, no. Don't ask my how I managed to pull that off. Sheer brilliance. And being kicked out of bed at 4am by the trash trucks moving down our street.

Point Being:

When I started WAKFU play, maybe two years ago, I managed to get a couple of these from in-game play. In the months since I couldn't catch one if a ravening pack of gobballs was bearing down on me, swinging battle axes and yodeling blood curdling Slim Whitman ballads. Today, for instance, I spent a demoralizing half hour getting one step short of being able to catch a g'turkey and gaining the permit. Several hours later, I'm still in caffeine therapy over this..

HERE'S A HINT TO ANKAMA:

YOU KNOW...I'd be willing to buy a permit in the Shop, if one was offered. I've plunked down around $100 in the Shop over the last two days, revamping my various characters' gear. I'd gladly have shelled out 11,000 ogrines to resolve this hassle.

I'd think this might be something worth adding as a reasonably good revenue booster. I can't be the only one out here tearing my hair out over repeatedly failing to catch one of the rotten things.
Reactions 13
Score : 770
Via Troupe rewards (tab opened with K) you can get Boowolves as mounts, those ones don't need a permit to get equipped.
Score : 390
huh? there actually are mounts that don't need a permit? y'sure 'bout this?
Score : 9061
If you use Heroes, that f********** fight gets way easier too, IF you want to spend your money.
Score : 1254
You can easily cheese the drago turkey in that one corner, forcing it to move back and forth to push you back. Meanwhile you just move in without getting tired too much after he pushed you and then you can just do all the stuff at once (you need to need to use the extra movement spell though)
Score : 390
First, go to the https://support.ankama.com/ and explain nicely you assigned the mount you bought to the wrong server. I'm sure they'll do something after the week-end. They can be very nice.

Second, I agree. When I started the game I wanted to have a iop as main, it was hard but I got her permit and the quests until the 3rd part of the nation quest. Then I gave up on her because her fight style didn't convince me. My Ecaflip had his permit and did all the nation quests and a lot of other things... I did the permit quest for my osamoas too... and a year after my begin, I decided to start anew on another server where, once again, for the 4th time, I did the permit quest on my xelor.

Honestly, it is a boring quest. It's not only the catching fight, but also the "go fetch me that".
If you can do a shortcut, even a real money shop shortcut, it would be cool.
The ideal feature, after you fail 8-10 times would be got the game to allow you to summon up a big mallet, womp one of them over their pointy little head, and drag it off.
Score : 506
YiiiiiHHAAAAA!!!    No rodeo fans left in Wakfu??   laugh

As for the "big mallet" approach, that might be useful for increasing your Chef skills, but your not likely to be riding the poor beast after "whomping" it...   wacko

Seriously,  the rodeo bit is EASY... you just need to keep a right-click display of the dragoturkey in the corner of your screen so you can continuously monitor his "panic" and "tiredness" states and know when to use the "appease" spell to lower his "panic", and when he's "tired" enough to sprint in and capture him.    biggrin
Score : 536
As mentioned earlier in this thread, Boowolves don't require a permit to use. Neither does the Tofu mount you get from Mineral Tower.
Yeah, but I lost my BW when I killed a high point character and dropped to group lvl 4. As for the tower? Snort. In my dreams.

Nakumara|2018-04-15 16:38:45
There's not much you can do then, I'm not sure if it's just luck or whatever, but I usually get the dragonturkey fight done at first try without any particular strategy, wish you the best of luck.

MAYbe  I can bring in a certain clueless Iop and promote it as 'part of his training'?! smile
Respond to this thread