By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Score : -66

To all y’all “quitting” about the merge news.

By jghjyhnfghghngjyu - MEMBER - March 09, 2018, 18:18:30

A. told you so, told everyone on Nox. Only few believed but oh well.

B. Shame on you Ankama for promising us we would finally be able to play a not overboard dead server this year but you lied, again.

C. All you “hardcore” players will be back in a weeks or month time.

D. This game is dying, really just move on, sorry Ankama, it’s the truth.

Lastly uh I told you so, again. Ankama never fails to disappoint. I, myself was ready to actually play the game when the servers merged but it looks like we’re never getting it like ever.

Oh and Ankama do what you want with this post, close it, whatever. Use this as a reflection of how many times you have disappointed your players.

Good Luck.

Reactions 55
Score : 266

:'(

Score : 273

Karma. Learn people, putting all your hopes on ankama promises has led to disappointments for 6 years. Will it take you a decade to move to a better game? Hold them accountable, until they make a fun game I'm not coming back to this game.

Score : 4342

to be fair ankama never promised anything. Nothing is set in stone ever so honestly nobody should be upset about this. A merge would be fine to workout except havenworlds. They can't reimburse anything for the actual haven world and everything in it. Guilds can be renamed.I lost my ties to a meaningful haven world when my leader got banned and then someone kicked out everyone from the guild. Stuff is gone, guild is dead yet still owns the haven world for two years now since that incident. It's weird. However, everyone should just kiss the haven world good bye since the transfer is impossible unlless they forcibly tell us all to remove everything from them and they shut them down and re do them from the ground up so they can actually work to support multiple instances.

Score : 7982

i wish they'd just put the haven world entrance inside of my haven bag to go to my guild's hw, and when i'm not in a guild it just goes nowhere.

make it so i can control access to the area the haven world entrance is in so i can control non-guildie access and everything's hunky dory. plus the guild doors inside the hw will still keep it locked anyway so who cares.

"but then you can just tp to the haven world at any time!" who cares? i can already tp to the haven world at any time. it's called a recall potion and they're incredibly cheap.

Score : 1169

please any link to the merge new from ankama? i want to read about it ty.

Score : 59

This game had a lot of mistakes =) which led to what we have now! This game needs a new server where everyone would start playing together like in the good old days =) There are two variants of events:
1. Leave everything as is and eventually the game will finally die)
2. Give the game a second chance)

But there is such a suspicion that-you deliberately kill the game)   ""ankama"

Score : 35574

This game has been "Dying" for the past 4 years. It ain't going anywhere

Score : 871

Aren't you all overdoing it? The big debug they plan for this year (gamakna) gives me hope! I think they finally found good priorities to set new things on sane bases.

They did a debug year in 2012 or 2013 and it didn't change anything. If history doesn't teach you a lesson I don't know what will.

I wasn't there then, and probably this year is different. it's not the same team, not the same objectives... I'm confident. And you won't ruin what I think of them. Time will tell.

Score : 25

Yyyeeeaaaa, so if you guys could just go ahead and merge these servers that'd be great. Tthhaannkkssss.

Score : 856

Totally not happening.

Yey another of those "diz game iz ded" dumb posts. Game isn't dead. There are new content added and fixed some issues recently: New classes(eliotropes, ouginaks, huppermages), redesigned old stuff to give them a new image (the zinit, astrub, incarnam), balances, revamps, bug fixes, new places to explore (the moon), etc... 

Score : 2314

All things considered its looking grim for wakfu. I warned players the merge wouldn't happen and if it did they would lose kamas and HW's. The goal of the delay is clearly to get rid of the nox players.

You got Sabi as well as many other devs going to dofus.(if you didn't realize this is happening it was major over on the FR section)

Merge canned till a indeterminate showing the value of the remnants of nox as well as talking about sanctions on nox if a transfer does happen. 

The new content isnt really being super used. It was clearly made for somewhere between 2-10x the population that uses it. 

"I warned players the merge wouldn't happen and if it did they would lose kamas and HW's" <--- Not only the kamas they loose, but they also loose the characters if they merge servers and you have to create new characters and elvel em up once again, drying you up into boringness.

Score : 851

actually if you play long enough (like a year or longer
you should get the idea whether player base is dying or not

or just check some server and notice that Astrub looks like a ghost town

Is Nox like this? I can't go in Nox to see it myself. My account allows me to go to Dathura, Aerafal and Remington.

A merge is possible. Haven worlds are not. Just give a few months warning for players to remove their haven decorations from the worlds, create a reimburse button that converts the level and unlocked content of the world into a lump sum of kama including the original amount of kama used to purchase the world and we'll be fine. We know damn well you can give back our items. It's silly if you can't do this because anyone else in any other game can and there's no real reason why your team shouldn't be able to do this past incompetence. If my character is the same in the Beta server then you know it should be the same if a merge were to happen. Haven worlds are a luxury item that we can do without but the items in our inventories aren't up for debate.

I'm fine giving up the havenworld if it means playing in a healthy server. This game is certainly not dying but no one here can honestly tell me that it's growing healthily at all either.

I'm still a big fan of the idea of burning it all to the ground and starting anew on an actual engine that isn't trash and with more foresight than ever since they now sort of have an idea of what they are doing this time. Developing content on this Bad code Lasagna just shouldn't be an option anymore. Piling new content on old refuse won't fix the issues and will only create more complications. they don't even need to close the servers and can work on it while the game continues to just be playable...unless server costs are too high, if so, then closing for however long it takes is also on the table, though that'd be an unpopular choice... 

If a company like Square Enix who has accomplished a thousand more things than Anakama were humble enough to relaunch their mmorpg then Ankama should swallow their pride as well and start this game from scratch on a new engine and slowly add back the world, starting with astrub and the nations and build up from that with updated islands and story-narrative; as well as just healthier mechanisms which promote community interaction like real incentives to play low level dungeons and just play with real people. A good start would be requiring all high level crafts to use low level dungeon materials.

Until mechanisms like these are put into play we're just back to ghost-town Wakfu no matter how many mergers they make. What's next? Merging with Aerfafal so that we have enough players?

Score : 6486

I feel like Ankama would prefer to do paid character transfers to further gouge the pockets of players, than do a full-blown merge.

Paid character transfer service means they make more money as opposed to expending money on the development towards a merge.

Lol and people still sugesting about merging the servers... but it doesnt make any difference. Can you go on Steam to see the entry log that can see how many users are playing Wakfu?? Just count the numbers of each server population and see the totall of players who just joined/logged on and see why I'm against the server merging. Merging the servers won't be necessary if you can count how many players (from all servers) in total are on the game online. You guys should care about the total population instead of focusing on one or two server's populations (or in your own population or eachother's).

marotomau, Steam's players don't reflect how many people are playing Wakfu actually. I've almost never used the Steam client. And yes, the servers population is important. For a MMORPG, Wakfu is one very dependent on what people do in the game. Depending on how many they are, some things will be impossible for the people. Like calming Ogrest, or doing environmental things that require many people on the task!

Score : 1089

Why am I not surprised by this, after taking a little peek into the forums?
Ankama likes to make some reallyy ambitious promises, only for them to realize how crazy they are after procrastinating on STARTING the project in the first place.

Ankama, get a better team, in fact- let another company buy you, because this is frustrating to just watch; even for a person who quit the game nearly a year ago. You started as a small company, and made great games and good shows too! With the resources you had you could have managed what you did. But now- what you've done is simply ruin it, out of the inability to properly listen to your community, and the lust for the money that the very same community fills your pockets with.

- Kthu

That's the keyword, they promise all these things and never start working on any of them. Other odd year they don't even promise anything and deliver even less.

So whether they promise or not doesn't even matter, they rarely deliver fun projects or well-planned ones. Battlefields for example was probably made out of a scramble without real planning. It all feels like pure improvisation. The root of the problem is their unwillingness to listen to our ideas; so they just end up taking on projects which sound good to them. Projects made to grind the hell out of the community.

Score : -9

Is the game still alive?Or is it dead? Planning to come back but it seems like nothing much has changed 4-5 years ago. 

luliki3|2018-03-23 01:35:17
wut? Alot has changed in the past 4-5 years. It's almost another game.

If you plan to come back, do it on Remington, it's definitely not dead.

actually was playing the game back 2012 Lol...In remington server too. Back when Hellborn Army was doing it. But most of them quit so had to move on aswell. But now community still lack people i think. The game was really good but it didnt grow much more than i was expecting it.
Score : 817

wut? Alot has changed in the past 4-5 years. It's almost another game.

If you plan to come back, do it on Remington, it's definitely not dead.

Score : 21

I think they should not do the merge and leave us alone and just make wakfu more fun to play  and good stuff put the dung drops back to how it was with the good gear you drop  then ppl will come back and then the dung would be worth running again cause you would have a chance of getting dropping good gear. i have log in on Remington and i don't see a who lat of players so Amakna bring us back i love wakfu give back the cras  exploding arrow so we can use it twice more fun put some excitement back in the game  but please don't do merge we would lose  all of our stuff and kamas and gear that we work hard for it has taken me 6 years to get were i am at if i have to start over i will never play your game again so please think of us. we deserve that much from you we have given you our all so give us the love back.

Don't forget to mention that if they merge servers, we also will loose our characters in the process... and we have to recreate new characters and level'em up once again by reexperience dungeons and mob fights, drying you up into boringness...

Score : 16

Im so sick of this tbh , got my butt on fire ..with all those " blabla you should've listened to community devs , to make game bettur *cry* . Who the diddlydoo you are to listen to you? Who the diddlydoo asked you to play the game ? Makes me feel like somebody point with a gun to you ladies n' gentleman and force to play Wakfu , You dont like it? DONT PLAY simple . Personally if i would develop a game i wouldnt even listen to people boohoing about "do this or do that" and Ankama is KIND enough to actually listen to people and make some changes AND nobody appreciate that , this is sad.If you dont understand what im talking about here , just ..well keep whinning then idk..

gotta be able to take criticism my friend. They are professionals so they deal with this all the time. The numbers don't lie. The game doesn't just magically have people "boohooing" on it for no reason. There are problems and issues that need to be addressed. If everything was fine then the games population would reflect that. Clearly something must be wrong, or else it would reflect in kind.

We love this game and Ankama for making it. So when things aren't going as fantastic as they potentially can, there are those who voice their opinion on the issue. Some are just a bit more daring in their choice of words than others.

Respond to this thread