FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Am I the only one who thinks that Ankama allocates the development effort/time in non-optimal ways?

By Selere - MEMBER - November 30, 2017, 06:19:27

One example is the party-finder feature that isn't used a lot. You know what would be way better and probably easier to code? A global chat, maybe 4 channels for recruitment for levels 0-50, 50-100, 100-150 and 150-200, or something like that. That way we could also get have more channels for chatting, trading, etc. It just boggles my mind that features that help socialization are avoided in order to have things that aren't exactly needed.

4 0
Reactions 29
Score : 988

Yes, the team search is... a mess. I know someone spent hours designing and coding it but the harsh reality is that it is completely unintuitive and far more complicated than it needs to be. The fact that players resort to spamming local chat rather than a global team search means that the system is simply not fit for purpose. It needs to be simplified and made faster to use. Let players write their own LFG message, not click through half a dozen scroll downs.

As for other features, it tends to be much easier in hindsight to say something was a waste of resources.The biggest issue I see is that the test server feedback isn't being taken into account. I suspect that once a feature reaches the test server, the devs in charge have already started work on a new task and only respond to bugs rather than refine or change features based on players' feedback.

2 -1
Score : 644

GREAT IDEA for socialize players!!! smile
When i play, i have also thesame problem after you leave asturb you can only depend on yours guild member or play almost like in offline game.

But dont agree with swap team search in to chat. board to look for grups is still better than writing 100 time that you look for grup on chat.

IMO real problem with team search is hero booster and possibility to play 3 hero on 1 acc, if you cant do this you need to look for grup. Now ppl simply dont use it coz they can play solo with 3 hero grup and i think actualy ankama more supp this solution than mechanic to looking for team.

1 -1
Score : 148

The team search surely is a mess, but the fact that people dont use it is bad too.

When youre in Astrub's low levels Dungeons (Example) you can find enough people to form like 2 or 3 teams, but they're all alone in the team search and no one of them "dare" to invite the others.

And in high levels Dungeons no one use the system because it is a mess and because no one uses...so you never will find anyone to team up.

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Go read a book...
2 -1
Score : 4417

I'd love if the recruitment chat we already have had a bigger range, maybe the message could get to anyone currently on the map, not just barely outside your screen.

2 -1
Score : 541

We REALLY need a global chat channel.

A lot of people are worried about bots using them, but a potential solution to that problem is to allow anyone to view the global channel, but only boosted players can speak in it. That and/or add a spam filter timer to global chat where you can't post another message for 1 more minute, forcing players to use their time wisely to structure a message for grouping and trading while also reducing bot spam flooding of the channel.

Either method would still require occasional moderation, because its not like a bot-user wouldn't boost an account to try to spam the channel. Hopefully, after the merge, the GMs can focus their efforts on fewer servers and moderate bots quickly on the merged server.

0 -4
Score : 644

well you have other method to verify, that someone is real player not bot, than boosters pack (change of lvl on hero/jobs, memberships in guilds ect.)

and permision to speak on global chat only for players who use boosters is looping problem.

You need booster (when you can play solo coz you can make 3 hero team) to use chat where you can find other player and dont use 3 her slots :/

1 -1
Score : 11864

World recruitment chat wouldn't really work. If there's more than about a dozen people talking then the wakfu chatbox quickly becomes basically unusable, and certainly on Remi you'd run into that problem pretty quickly. Expanding recruit chat to talk to a whole area might be an improvement but not a silver bullet magic solution.

So I do think a sign-up based team search feature is better than a chat, but the one in Wakfu is really poor.

Firstly the system was really broken when first implemented so a lot of players gave up on ever using it. I think they improved the system later on, but those players had no reason to go back to try it again and new players coming in saw nobody used the system and they too gave up. So it's a vicious cycle.
Secondly Wakfu really doesn't reward you for playing with strangers. Multiboxers / hero users / static team comps and even contact lists are basically guaranteed to be better organized and usually stronger than pick-up groups. And it's really difficult to know how strong or capable a player is unless you've played with them before, so playing with strangers on anything difficult is a losing proposition.
Thirdly the team search function is still not great. The information you want isn't there, but irrelevant stuff is.

Suggestions

- Allow players to select up to 2 roles. A lot of classes can multirole so picking one role doesn't make sense.
- Grant XP and droprate bonuses based on the number of unique IPs playing together. 6 = +30%, 5 = +25%, 4 = +20%, 3 = +10%, 1-2 = no bonus. This won't surpass the advantages of heroes/multibox, but it will at least offer some advantage or consolation prize to playing with strangers. The game already has some IP checks for winged PvP so this shouldn't be too inviable.
- PUT PLAYER'S NAMES IN THE MEMBER SEARCH. Why is this not a thing?
- Have players rankings for that dungeon appear in the team search. So you know if a player has done a dungeon on s21+ / s11 / s1 or never done it before and can make educated decisions about who to invite or what difficulty to attempt.
- Have the criteria used for unlocking Bronze/Silver/Gold dungeon crowns on the dungeons list be used to grant to rewards to other players in the session who already had those achievements completed. Let's say it grants a mentor token and a modulox token.
I.e. If you're an experienced player then helping someone else get their first competitive mode s1/s11/s21 scores for a dungeon would earn you rewards.
This creates a reward and incentive for veterans to teach dungeons to new players and to help them get better scores. There's absolutely no reason that mentor tokens should be restricted to helping only lvl 50s and lower. So I think this creates a scenario where players are incentivized to master a dungeon, then help newer or worse geared players with it rather than exclusively running with their strong dominant team. And even if someone's a really strong capable player then helping them through the door for s21+ is still you helping them out since it saves a run.

I think the "goal" part of the team search can probably be removed. Or at least revised. Tokens and items and XP usually involve doing the same thing (with XP becoming irrelevant at lvl 200) so the only relevant information there is basically Fun vs Progress. But I kinda think most players want both to some extent?

Or possibly you could have groups with special bonuses? So Token groups would earn +1 tokens per dungeon run, XP groups could have a +25% XP boost, Fun groups could double the chances of mimics and ogrest tears appearing, Item groups could have a 20% droprate boost but let's say +50% droprate on epics and stele items.

That's a bit complicated and maybe unviable but it would allow players to make meaningful choices about what rewards they wanted to focus on and let likeminded players congregate together. And being able to specialize what your group is trying to do would make the group description text box actually meaningful. "Farming for Erebelt", "Fast token runs", "Croc XP" etc.

IMO the biggest problem I listed about the team search was point #2. The team search is flawed but it's still USABLE, it's just that running stuff with strangers is frustrating and unrewarding. So I really think Wakfu should try to step up the reward scheme for different people playing together.

3 -1

I've seen games with a very high population (5000+ players) utilize a global chat pretty effectively. Since most people in Wakfu use heroes, and would prefer to group with friends and guildmates over pugs, it would be even less of a problem for us.

The only potential issue I can see with a global chat is people using it for casual conversation instead of grouping or trading. An easy way to solve that is by having a response timer for the chat to make it difficult to carry conversations, so its simply better to use it for grouping or trading.

Actually, Dofus has something like a global chat too where I see people posting buy/trade offers and grouping for exp leeching, etc. Not sure why you would think it won't work for Wakfu if it works effectively for Dofus.

2 0
Score : -46

When's the server merge

0 -5
Score : 8474

It doesnt have to be a global chat. It could be a recruitment channel, where you pick what dungeon you’re running, what classes or roles you need/want, and the system can run the message for you. impossible for bots to spam it with stupid stuff

1 -1

StrayBengal|2017-11-30 20:07:51

The only potential issue I can see with a global chat is people using it for casual conversation instead of grouping or trading. An easy way to solve that is by having a response timer for the chat to make it difficult to carry conversations, so its simply better to use it for grouping or trading.

God forbid people socialize on a MMO.

Just make a separate channel for chatting and one for trading/recruitment offers.
0 0

No complaints here if that is how Ankama intends on implementing global chat channels :3

0 0
Score : 16229

They definitely have issues with resource allocation. Wakfu launching in the state it did is a super obvious sign of that.

I would be all for having some forms of global chat. Maybe on a per nation or nation-alliance basis.

I also think the team search feature just needs to get polished up and "relaunched" with enough fanfare that people know issues like characters remaining registered after logging out got fixed.

0 0
Score : 5532

The group finder just came far too late, simple as that. People begged for one for years, and by the time it arrived, Wakfu's playerbase had diminished in size, while the number of individual dungeons shot way, way up. Too few players and too many dungeons makes it all but impossible to assemble a full party for specific content without using dialogue.
Plus, by that time everyone was used to operating without a group finder. Transitioning to nonverbal means of group finding felt weird and awkward. It was easier and faster to just ask around for people to join.

Yes, I agree that the things added to the game are too often not what is needed and wanted by players. Sure, it's easy to recognize that players overlook great improvements and complain a lot about persistent issues, but that doesn't diminish just how bad the situation has been. It's hard to get too excited and grateful for most of these changes to the game, because we're not getting new content—we're getting mostly okay fixes to otherwise broken content that we've been forced to suffer through for years and years.

0 0
Score : 4545

I think the real problem with dungeon finder is that each dungeon is listed separately even though it's one feature (you can apply to many dungeons, but only look for people for the one you are using).

They should just make it a menu you can open anywhere and apply for dungeons or check for people listed for that dungeon without having to walk to the dungeon itself to check.

0 0

You don't have to visit a dungeon to check for members though. You can do it anywhere.

0 0
Score : 4623

Agreed. In spades.

0 0
Score : 237

This group finder is useless.  They couldnt come up with something better?   But even so, I stand outside of dungeons and see people going in or getting ready to go in and I ask if anyone wants to group or has room for me and most of the time they pretend you dont exist or tell you they are full, which I know 99% chance that is diddlydoo.

I know people would use the group finder feature if it wasnt garbage.

1 -1

Why do you think they're lying to you?

If they ignore you or claim to be full it seems.. pretty likely that they were full. Because if they had spare spots then bringing someone else along is generally advantageous (even if it wasn't necessary).

1 -1
Score : 664

A dungeon queueing system where you could queue for one (or multiple) dungeons on your server would certainly be a lot more reliable than the current team finder, yes.

0 0
Score : 4545

I men that's literally what the dungeon finder does (or would do if people used it and it didn't keep offline people listed sometimes)

0 0

Dungeon search needs to be simplified, it needs to be a one-button thing, so everyone can apply and search for groups far more easily.

0 0
Score : 62

Just saying, Dofus has a global chat system that works very well, their recruitment chat also has the range of the entire area(i.e island/city/etc), and it all works tremendously well to find teams and socialize.

2 0
Score : 50

I would love to use the party finder feature, but at it's current status, I have no idea how does it work.

0 0
Respond to this thread