FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

What would you think about a brand new WAKFU server?

By Pandinade - MEMBER - November 25, 2017, 03:24:26
AnkaTracker

An old game I used to play has been dying for several years and saw less and less players every year... then they created a brand new server where everybody had to start fresh, and everybody flocked to it and hundreds of old players have come back to enjoy the old experience they remembered.

Sometimes I wonder if Wakfu needs something like this. I wonder if it would be fun to have everybody starting from scratch, grinding in the nations and grouping for dungeons again.

2 -2
First Ankama intervention

Hi Xillor,

We would like to merge the servers first before introducing a new server. 

See message in context
Reactions 16
Score : 2275

if you're talking about Dofus, people went on that server not because everyone started from Zero, but because one of the major factors that killed the game for those people,  Multiboxing,  was actually forbidden and penalized

such measure would not work in Wakfu as the monster drops are not as important as in Dofus

1 -1
Score : 1178

I would, it did so much for Dofus. Would love to see Wakfu see a revival, it's currently dead. As for drop rates they could increase it to alleviate the greedyness associated with loot drop in Wakfu.

0 0
Score : 2654

AcidAce is absolutely correct. Even if OP was not referencing Dofus, Dofus is still a very good example to use as its communities mirror that of Wakfu.

In Dofus, the fanbase did not force Ankama's server infrastructure on its knees (which was felt by all of Ankama's games, including Wakfu) because there's suddenly a brand new international server that everyone flooded into. It was because it was a brand new monoserver, which is completely unlike the standard or the heroic servers. The monoservers offered a true singleboxer experience when the standard servers have been long plagued with multiaccounters; that is the reason why everyone returned to Dofus, not just because it's a new server to play on. 

Server fusions have already been done in Dofus, with Echo being the home of previously 10 separate communities. Wakfu is about to have its eventual server fuse too. There's no reason to have a new standard server, because they will too end up fused in the end and become exactly like the main servers (because they are already alike the main servers, just with less people).

If you wanted people to flood back to Wakfu, you will have to offer something that is not given in a standard server, because otherwise, your new server will just be an additional Phaeris/Nox.

0 0
Score : 1127

Really I think it's just a hit or miss when it comes to English Servers. Nothing more and nothing less. We all know that the Wakfu team has some strong coding team members (probably better than the Dofus code team).

I'd play Wakfu if I had a working computer though... I'm posting this from my phone on the website

Now I hate to give suggestions after I said it's a "hit or miss" but maybe making a server like Reboot in MapleStory (players get more exp but can't trade at all). This would put a complete end to dupe trading and make players focus more on building their characters for PvP and PvE content. Some players maybe quit Wakfu because of the overwhelming Kama prices from auction houses... Plus if it's like Reboot you wouldn't need to worry about the extra item lag going everywhere. I enjoy trading a lot, but a new server would be cool. With the upcoming 1.57 I do think they fixed the PvP. Battlefields looks really promising and fun.

0 0
Score : 4550

No. Remi is nice cerv

0 0
Score : 36782

They'd be spreading the community to thin maybe after the merge is put in place they can entertain the idea of a new mono only server but I don't think it's smart to do so right now

0 0
Score : 1178

The purpose of monoaccount servers is not to make current players transfer to the new one. The purpose is to create an environment for those that wouldn't touch Wakfu which a stick if they wanted to. Clearly the remaining Wakfu players are those that love multiaccounting and everything that comes with it.

A lot of the people who are on the fence or who have quit the game are the ones that would come back if there was a monoaccount server. Case in point, Dofus.

0 0
Score : 225

Yes, wipe all servers.  DO IT!  Save wakfu....   So many dead guilds own haven worlds that no one can use....

0 0
Score : -3055

inactive HWs are being resold FYI

0 0

Hi Xillor,

We would like to merge the servers first before introducing a new server. 

honestly not abad idea. Perhaps in the future. It would have to be global, for french and other communities in order for the server to work out.

0 0
Score : 17831

Maplestory did that, and it worked for a long while. Probably is still working right now. The one change they made to that server was disabling the pay2win aspect and allowing players to purchase said pay2win items with in-game currency instead. Needless to say, popularity on the new server exploded.

I can't see the same thing happening with Wakfu, though. Just one change won't be enough, and if it's limited to a certain demographic rather than being a worldwide server (which there are no Wakfu worldwide servers), it will end up as dead as our current servers.

0 0
Score : 7046

If I did want to play a game where it resets all the time / fresh start whenever a new server comes out, I wouldn't be playing Wakfu. Instead I would play Moba. So no thanks, given the amount of time and effort I've invested.

Unlike most generic hack & slash action MMO owned by 3rd party company, milking em' dry with p2w cash items, and eventually closing once its no longer profitable (sounds familiar?), Wakfu & Dofus are linked with a rich backstory / lore.

More importantly, it's operate and continuously update by its parent company which gives me hope (Similar to Runescape and WoW, design, operate and update by the IP original company). I find every bit of the design details put into the game / lore very interesting and well thought out.

Hence, I simply like to role play as a resident of the twelve world by singleboxing and enjoy the game.

0 -1

the idea is to have a server that has never had any duping incidents or whatever, pure economy, etc.

I do agree with your POV however and I wouldnt play in such server myself.

0 0
Respond to this thread