FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

This might offend some snowflake moderators

By - MEMBER - November 10, 2017, 11:16:12
AnkaTracker

So I made this post (rant) on the Wakfunding 2017 thread, I was a participant of Wakfunding 2016. 

Across the entire post, at the very end, literally a 2 word sentence could be considered 'vulgar' and 'insulting'. You'd delete the ENTIRE post. Like please,  point out which part of the main paragraphs I wrote has violated ANY of your rules and are considered 1) Vulgarity  2) Insulting. If you're going to point out the green costume part, then you'd better ban all those previous posts before me because there were a lot of those comments.

Literally, you couldn't just cover the 'F' word with one of Flatop's cringeworthy doodlies? Instead delete the entire post and give a 3-day ban, all of this looks to me you're just salty and decided to go on a power trip. Though I will say, to an account that hasn't been active in-game for well over a year the ban was really laughable.

If you, Ankama, couldn't handle a customer complaint of THIS extent, especially on your subpar handling of customer service. Then you're a bunch of beta snowflakes. 

https://imgur.com/WaltYzz 

5 -3
First Ankama intervention

Hi Crelibus,

There is nothing wrong in giving feedback (especially constructive ones) for a healthy discussion but if you leave courtesy and respect out of it, there will be an after effect to you and the readers of your post.

See message in context
Reactions 13
Score : 871

u know it's the same company who had a survey on twitter if it they have to make an oropo costume or a lil ogrest costume (the winner was oropo). and the problem is this, the costumes  were already be made by them!! cause the costumes were on method builder much earlier! and strangely when i post the images of the costumes on the forum the site method was closed for a day! and when it opens in the builder there was no trace of this 2 costumes anymore! so look the coherence. they sell us lies and they give us a green loser costume which is even ugly...

4 -1
Score : 3915

Hello, I'll ask you not to talk about my website without the right information. My website was down due to hosting issues.

1 -4
Score : 9341

calling people in positions of power over you "beta snowflakes" is the most hilarious thing i've read in a good half a year. i don't wanna step on any fragile nerves but... lol

3 -3
Score : 4019

lol I always laugh at people using these words in a non-ironic way. it's pretty funny.

2 -1
Score : 9171

Got a 3-day ban as well for some ranting (and probably) the use of the f-word once.
I assume they take the whole wording of the corresponding post into account and there ARE certain forum rules they probably HAVE to enforce more strongly than others.
I found it more hilarious & funny instead of offending or something.

...Why "snowflakes"???

1 0
Score : 7283

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=special+snowflake&utm_source=search-action the #4 is short and basically tells you the actual meaning :p

0 -3
Score : 5532
I miss when "snowflake" meant "person who causes others to facepalm because they try too hard to be super speshul and unique".

OP has the right to be annoyed at how the situation was handled by Ankama staff. But, I also really wish people would keep in mind the importance of choosing how you speak depending on where you're speaking. It's fine to swear in private chats with close friends, or anonymously on 4chan, or on your own personal website. In other cases you need to learn to temper your language. You wouldn't greet a judge in court with "Haha sup dude", would you? No, you'd call him "your Honor". Similarly, you don't go into a kindergarten or a place of worship and start loudly cursing or saying lewd stuff.

I hope I don't seem like I'm lecturing or scolding anyone reading this. My intention is simply to highlight that a person who insists on never changing their behavior no matter their circumstances is figuratively shooting themself in the foot. Deferring to others, just a little, will let you retain much more power than you lose from playing by their rules.
6 -5
Score : 7187

< Forum Rules >

2 -9
Score : 7187

Yeah alright, my response was a bit over the top.

0 -2

Hi Crelibus,

There is nothing wrong in giving feedback (especially constructive ones) for a healthy discussion but if you leave courtesy and respect out of it, there will be an after effect to you and the readers of your post.

Score : 9341

ironic

0 0
Respond to this thread