FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Villainy Vineyard? Why bother...

By Laplace93 - MEMBER - February 10, 2017, 19:53:28

Initially this wanted to be a bug report but there's more than one thing to report, so I'll just tell the entire story of what happened and what we have discovered during this magic journey in the forgotten dungeon called "Villainy Vineyard".

Yesterday me and a friend of mine decided to challenge the Villainy Vineyard, a forgotten dungeon that can be found somewhere in monk island, we were in front of the entrance when I remembered something and said "Wait, thanks to the patch 1.51 we will not get any token without the quest, we don't need them but better than getting nothing, wait me here" and headed to the nearest Otomai disciple (that is near the boat for the island) and spoke with him, but surprisingly enough he told to me "Villainy Vineyard? Never heard of such dungeon, but if you are interested I've quests for heroes in the 66-80 and 81-95 level range", that said, I thanked him and with some confusion in my head I came back to the dungeon.

At this point I wanted to check which is the token linked to this dungeon and looked in the token machine, everything require precious tokens, than looked at the token itself to see where else I could find the quest:

Monk island didn't had the quest, Srambad and Enurado don't even have an Otomai disciple's camp, then the only alternative remained was wabbit island, so I decided to head there. Once reached wabbit island I immediately headed to the wa wabbit castle, took a tunnel and start to search for a disciple. The journey across the tunnel was long and brought me on the far est section of the island where I was able to find an Otomai hermit in search of enlightenment, I asked him if he knew of any quest about a dungeon called Villainy Vineyard and the answer was... "Never heard of such dungeon, I've passed half of my life here, confined and isolated, meditating day and night, rarely news reach my hears, the only things I can offer you are these quests, hope you can find what you are looking for", so I accepted the quests and checked what he offered to me:

The first quest I looked was the weekly:
  • Cledus
  • Solkrupt
  • Gweat GM
  • Wa Wabbit

No trace of Sydonia or Drainacask, something wasn't right but, after all, four boss in a week are already enough work, maybe a fifth would have been to much, so I looked at the daily quest:
  • Cledus
  • Solkrupt
  • Gweat GM
  • Wa Wabbit

Nothing, still no trace of Sydonia or Drainacask, something seemed fishy, the token rewarded were right but they weren't in either lists, so I thanked the hermit and headed back to the dungeon once again...

The level required was 141, so the quests were right, but why no one seemed to have ever heard of this dungeon? At this point we decided to enter the dungeon anyway, after all we had nothing else to try...

First room, no problem, easily cleared.
Second room, still no problem, after all our levels were high for the dungeon.
Third room, Sydonia was in front of us and unleashed her minions to gain the time necessary to complete the ritual, the battle begins and during the fight something strange happened, I was very focused on the battle and at a certain point I found my self unable to cast spells in the area in front of me...

At this point my friend told me to relax, that I had to look at things for what they are, because the reality is not always as we see it, so I've closed my eyes and when I opened them again...

With great surprise in my eyes a petrified demon was in front of me, how was possible? I hadn't felt him, but he was there, in front of me for the entire time, quite a surprise... but he was still sleeping so we could clear the room without other problems. At this point Sydonia teleported us in the shushu dimension and the final battle began, she completed the ritual and Drainacask awoke, the battle was fierce but we managed to survive and defeat either the bosses, the stasi was at 20 so we expected some loot...

How to say, Sydonia fled with a satisfied smile on her face, we won the battle, but clearly she won the war, we were able to get just some scrap fabrics, three teeth and a tail, we weren't expecting some epic or legendary items but at least some transmutations, instead nothing, nothing at all, after this we left the dungeon with a bitter smile on our face and sadness in our hearts, and this is the end of my story.

Now there are some things that I want to say:
  • This dungeon is relatively new so I don't understand how is possible that has already been forgotten, thanks to the 1.51 is not possible anymore drop tokens directly from the boss but only with daily quests, but no quest reward you for completing this dungeon, if you want something from this dungeon better go fight some wabbit.
  • In wabbit island there are 3 different disciple that give the same quest, but no one in Enurado and Srambad, or Monk island.
  • For some reason this dungeon does not give any transmutation, with the 1.51 even sidekick should receive some transmutation, the dungeon was at stasi 20 so we should have received 6 tras. each, for a total of 12 tras. instead nothing, not even we, the player, have received one.
  • The Villainy Vineyard have two boss but with the achievement you can receive only the miniature of Drainacask, were is the miniature of Sydonia?

With that I've finished, at the moment I really don't get why someone should bother with this dungeon so I hope to see some fix in the future, have a nice day.
6 0
Reactions 10
Score : 11865

I don't have much to add here but I liked your story and found it funny how Ankama basically forgot this dungeon existed within 3 updates of introducing it.

1 0
Score : 799

Thanks, the whole thing left me with a certain sadness so I wanted to tell this story with a bit of roleplay to make it more enjoyable.

0 0
Score : 7536

The story is really good, only the disciples are a little bit strange and unworldly (that should be fixed), but you come straight to the point.

10/10

0 0
Score : 2

Really nice story, I've done that dungeon before the 1.51 eupdate and it still didn't give transmutations.

0 0
Score : 5358

10/10 Story telling, would ship them!

But yeah.. This dungeon, somehow, is forgotten.. Nobody goes there, the items aren't that great anyways (Maybe the main reason?), no transmutations and not even otomai quest to get tokens.. This is the most useless dungeon ever to be honest..

0 0
Score : 7286

story = 9/10, needs lots of explosions biggrin

i would say why this happens and who to fire...i mean... what to do to fix it, but then i would get banned again due to the excess of salted sand..i mean, for speaking the truth :3

In a more serious note... rushed and/or unasked/unwanted content is never a good idea.

oh and forgot, thanks to the last patch, every dungeon in the game is a why bother

1 0
Score : 988

When it was first announced, people took one look at the mob stats and started calling it too hard for its level range. In practice the dungeon isn't as bad as people thought it would be but some of that reputation has stuck. A lot of the items have awkward stats although a few of the high priestess items were useful for my tri ele char during that 140-160 period when tri ele gear becomes relatively scarce.

0 0
Score : 5358
Kynaran|2017-02-11 07:53:34
When it was first announced, people took one look at the mob stats and started calling it too hard for its level range. In practice the dungeon isn't as bad as people thought it would be but some of that reputation has stuck. A lot of the items have awkward stats although a few of the high priestess items were useful for my tri ele char during that 140-160 period when tri ele gear becomes relatively scarce.
Most of the equips there are very awkward.. Epic and Amulet doesn't give AP, most gears give elemental mastery to all elements with no clear focus or just 1 element.. I say one of the major reason is that.. There's no reason to do this dungeon!
0 0
Score : 7394

So they still didnt fix the 3th room frezzing bug.

0 0
Score : 258

Why bother with Villainy Vineyard?

The answer is simple: You don't.

0 -2
Respond to this thread