FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Was gonna let it slide the first time... but why is this item disappearance still happening... FFS

By Jferg - MEMBER - November 16, 2016, 16:50:36

Well basically RIP. The first disappearance was just like Nyl flag, Withered BP, Troyle, Indestructible boots and a +3 earth shushu, wasn't so devastated because I needed to update feca anyways just sucked that this stuff was runed.

But Now...

Last night had my gear go poof after starting SB fight and then the server disconnect happened mid fight with that wonderful 5min warning.

Got back on today and some of my stuff reverted back to rogue...

BUT NOW I AM MISSING DAGGER SIVES, GOLD CROC, LEVEL 50 MILLIMOO, KOKONCORD AND LORD CUHKOL EPPS.

0 0
First Ankama intervention

Hi Jferg,

I am sorry to hear about your items but the team is still currently investigating.

However we recommend to always contact the support service team and give them as much information as possible to assist you, as well as sharing your ticket number with us too.

A thread was also made with more information about the current item situation: Here.

See message in context
Reactions 22
Score : 3996

Damm Buddy !!!! As i was reading through i thought i will end up reading someone lost their character in whole biggrin

Anyways sorry to hear about your loss :\

0 0
Score : 1369
zapman89|2016-11-16 17:15:25
Damm Buddy !!!! As i was reading through i thought i will end up reading someone lost their character in whole biggrin

Anyways sorry to hear about your loss :\
Might as well have since my epic+relic got deleted... Can't even use the char now and I am skeptical of swapping feca stuff over just because it's already been twice that I was hit with this bug... don't want a part 3
0 0
Score : 2634

did you use heroes? or als? or just happened?

0 0
Score : 440

ankama taking way too many L's lately

1 0
DemonicWind|2016-11-16 17:35:04
I was using feca+sac, I had taken gear back from rogue using it earlier. It first populated as a display glitch going into croc, but fixed when I started fight. So after croc I went to steel beak, I did not swap gear at all in between these 2 things, no hero change ups, did not use ALS or heroes outside of both feca+sac were grouped in the interim here. Then as soon as I started SB fight my stats dropped to 8/5 and a relog showed that the gear I had equipped on sac poofed. The lovely 5min to shutdown disconnected us mid-fight in SB so I did not relog until like 1-1.5 hrs ago where I found some of the stuff back on rogue at least, but my sives, gold croc, level 50 millimoo, kokoncord and lord cuhkol epps all went poof.
0 0
Score : 2634
Jferg|2016-11-16 17:43:48
DemonicWind|2016-11-16 17:35:04
I was using feca+sac, I had taken gear back from rogue using it earlier. It first populated as a display glitch going into croc, but fixed when I started fight. So after croc I went to steel beak, I did not swap gear at all in between these 2 things, no hero change ups, did not use ALS or heroes outside of both feca+sac were grouped in the interim here. Then as soon as I started SB fight my stats dropped to 8/5 and a relog showed that the gear I had equipped on sac poofed. The lovely 5min to shutdown disconnected us mid-fight in SB so I did not relog until like 1-1.5 hrs ago where I found some of the stuff back on rogue at least, but my sives, gold croc, level 50 millimoo, kokoncord and lord cuhkol epps all went poof.
ugh that's horrible, I'm kinda glad I haven't used heroes dance my return
0 0

Hi Jferg,

I am sorry to hear about your items but the team is still currently investigating.

However we recommend to always contact the support service team and give them as much information as possible to assist you, as well as sharing your ticket number with us too.

A thread was also made with more information about the current item situation: Here.

Its funny that the bug has not been fixed nor the ones who lost items have been reimbursed. Everytime such a thread comes up they ask you to gives details which are never really checked.

A serious issue like this goes under noticed by the devs and all those trolls of the forums come up saying " You are thinking the devs are just sitting and doing nothing ? ".

The most hilarious part of this whole drama is the contribution of the ankama support. They reply everytime " Do you still need help with this issue ? " no matter what ever the problem the victim is facing biggrin 

0 0
Score : 8899
Sabi|2016-11-16 22:04:02
Hi Jferg,

"more information", yeah, from people who already lost stuff.

So nothing of use to us players.

Sabi, can you guys not simply disable that stupid drop-down-equipment stuff??

I am pretty sure the the bug originates in there somehow. That way at least we wouldn't loos our items anymore until you figured out what precisely is causing the issue.

Cause,
Click here is practically growing by the day.
0 0
Score : 1408
Gimonfu|2016-11-17 10:49:00
its my guess too
the problems started to happen since that system was implanted :blink: 
0 0
malefica-pt|2016-11-17 13:50:00
Gimonfu|2016-11-17 10:49:00
its my guess too
the problems started to happen since that system was implanted :blink:
yep i agree to that too
0 0
Score : 16100

The current version of the issue started with the New Times in Astrub update, when most of the underlying code for the rapid-builds system was implemented, but was disabled for player use.

They also changed a number of elements of how the inventory works at the same time, to try and create more security to protect against exactly this kind of problem. So... no, I don't think it's as simple as just disabling one aspect of the new inventory system or another. Plus there's the risk of players losing items if they revert to the old inventory system now.

I wish we could get better answers than form-letter responses too, but.. I doubt the reason the problem persists is because it's sooo easy to fix. For all we know it could even be related to the network infrastructure issues they've been running into.

0 0
Score : 17770
Gelgy|2016-11-18 07:37:32
The current version of the issue started with the New Times in Astrub update, when most of the underlying code for the rapid-builds system was implemented, but was disabled for player use.

They also changed a number of elements of how the inventory works at the same time, to try and create more security to protect against exactly this kind of problem. So... no, I don't think it's as simple as just disabling one aspect of the new inventory system or another. Plus there's the risk of players losing items if they revert to the old inventory system now.

I wish we could get better answers than form-letter responses too, but.. I doubt the reason the problem persists is because it's sooo easy to fix. For all we know it could even be related to the network infrastructure issues they've been running into.
One of my guildies actually had his low level items "overwrite" his actual high level equips. He duped his lv20 gear for ALS at the price of his REAL lv170+ equips.

I'm pretty sure it's more than just "item disappearance".
0 0
SSBKewkky|2016-11-18 08:35:09
Gelgy|2016-11-18 07:37:32
[. . .]
One of my guildies actually had his low level items "overwrite" his actual high level equips. He duped his lv20 gear for ALS at the price of his REAL lv170+ equips.

I'm pretty sure it's more than just "item disappearance".
Didn't mean to imply that it was. It's a pretty serious issue (or collection of issues). Dunno if you meant to aim that at me.

I'm just tired of people acting as if a duping/item deletion bug this serious could last so long if it was such a simple thing.
1 0

It's definitely not a simple thing, but it's also been like a month of people experiencing this issue now. Like I had said before I could have lived with the first wave of items going poof on me, but the 2nd really did me in x.x I believe they are working on it and it's not easy, but having a new release to beta and future stuff being showcased while this is still an issue is not going to help the attitude of those who have suffered a big loss from this issue. I love the game, I like the direction it is heading and I have high hopes for the new team. I just want to see some more careful play testings and actually paying attention to beta feedback from ankama.

For example, the osa piwi glitch which was reported numerous times by numerous people who tested stuff on beta... it still made it live with the astrub revamp/sham moon update. Granted it did not last too long on live, but the fact that it still made it to live and people could have just been running around 1 shotting moon bosses with a piwi in that interim is an issue. What that looks like to us is as if ankama does not only a) fail to play test their own content but also b) fail to listen to those who do play test the content for them.

This is not meant to be raging in anyways, I am living gimped from gear losses but still making it by and I really do have some renewed hope for the game with the direction we are heading, I just wish Ankama would be a little more serious about thorough testing before updates given the track record of bugs with almost every major update we have ever seen. Sure small bugs can be expected, not such a big deal. But remember when spell deck system came and we had this same sort of thing happen where haven bags and account chest inventories got wiped out?

0 0

Yeah. It's crazy. Honestly the number of major issues that make it to live astounds me. As it is I'm still astounded that they don't seem to have any kind of metrics they could use to monitor these things either.

Like... is the base code of the game that much of a mess?

(I clearly failed to get myself across, btw: I was just replying to previous couple posts about "why doesn't ankama just do this" when.. I'm pretty sure if there as a simple way to contain the issue even Ankama would have done it by now. Rolling back the changes made to the inventory system since the Astrub update would just make a bad situation worse. I have NO problem with your original post, Madd)

Still, with the item-loss/duping bug..It seems similar to the bug that was on beta but seems to behave a bit differently too? Like, the beta item loss bug was much easier to trigger and seemed to get fixed by the additional protections. The live version seems to hit at random, and also plays favorites...

0 0
Score : 4225

As someone who's experiencing the same thing. I had messaged support two weeks ago about my missing items and I got 2 responses each asking the same exact thing "do you still need assistance?" So I don't expect the items to get refunded anytime soon.

0 0
Score : 7321

Well i hope you are ready then for next patch. Just to make it a suprise i will place it in spoiler box:

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

You will be forced to delete your character that bugged in the dungeon using the new system, or no more play.A friend who is playing on beta server already reported it, but there is a chance it can still happen on live servers, when patch deploys.

0 0
Score : 314
Yunru|2016-11-20 23:48:13
Well i hope you are ready then for next patch. Just to make it a suprise i will place it in spoiler box:

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

You will be forced to delete your character that bugged in the dungeon using the new system, or no more play.A friend who is playing on beta server already reported it, but there is a chance it can still happen on live servers, when patch deploys.
And how is that? Could not leave the dungeon, or what?
0 0
Respond to this thread