FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New player: which server to choose?

By October 23, 2016, 11:17:18

Hi i am just starting and wondering which server should I choose; Remington or Nox.

1. Are there any server statistics available anywhere? Especially interested in peak times / low times in server population over the course of day.

2. Is it better to join server if my playing time matches the time when the server has its top numbers of players playing, or is it better to play in server low activity time?

3. Language issue: as I understand Nox is US so communicating in english should not be a problem. What about Remington, are there any problems with player communication there.

4. Technical issues and server location; I live in Europe, if I join Nox server will there be any problems in relation to server location like latency problems or connection loss?

5. Which server community is more active (I read there are things like elections and politics)

6. What about forming a group to fight in dungeon; do I have to join guild, or can I group with random people using in game interface (like chat, or information board)

7. Should I chose my character class in relation to server I join, or should I just play whichever class looks best for me? I read that some classes are better in solo play than others, some are good team support, some are flexible etc. I was thinking of either Xelor or Masqueraider. Considering my quite random playing times and depending on the server choice, I may need class that at least decent in solo play.

Answering even one of the above points will help me greatly. Thanks in advance.

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 1173

yo, a fresh blood is always welcome in this low populace ;3

1 - dunno
2 - well it depends really, being in sync with time spikes is relatively good choice, but if u play in another time then regardless when u log there would be some ppl
3 - I;m playing Remi for a loooong time and language was never an issue, there happens ppl only speaking their native languages, but its normal.
4 - dunno
5 - I believe all servers are in low lately. Our community is like an ocean, full of waves.
6 - its always better to be a part of guild, it can be devastingly boring and annoying to find a group for mid lvl dungeons as of the recent days
7 - I'll always recommend going with what u enjoy, but it's true that some classes, for example Feca, are so tailored into group play that alone they take longer time to finish solo fights. Cra, rogues and iops are fast paced classes, fogger is a good choice too.

0 0
Score : 17491
Lazy-Insight|2016-10-23 11:17:18
Hi i am just starting and wondering which server should I choose; Remington or Nox.

1. Are there any server statistics available anywhere? Especially interested in peak times / low times in server population over the course of day.

2. Is it better to join server if my playing time matches the time when the server has its top numbers of players playing, or is it better to play in server low activity time?

3. Language issue: as I understand Nox is US so communicating in english should not be a problem. What about Remington, are there any problems with player communication there.

4. Technical issues and server location; I live in Europe, if I join Nox server will there be any problems in relation to server location like latency problems or connection loss?

5. Which server community is more active (I read there are things like elections and politics)

6. What about forming a group to fight in dungeon; do I have to join guild, or can I group with random people using in game interface (like chat, or information board)

7. Should I chose my character class in relation to server I join, or should I just play whichever class looks best for me? I read that some classes are better in solo play than others, some are good team support, some are flexible etc. I was thinking of either Xelor or Masqueraider. Considering my quite random playing times and depending on the server choice, I may need class that at least decent in solo play.

Answering even one of the above points will help me greatly. Thanks in advance.
1. only testimony from players.
2. high activity is ideal. If you're from the US I'd recommend nox for timezone reasons, and if you're in Europe I'd recommend remington for timezone reasons.
3. Remington has more people, factually, but less of the population speaks english, I think.
4. Log on nox, type "/ping" and check the game logs box in your chat. You'll see "ping: XXX ms". Do the same on remington. Less ping = faster reaction time from the server. I have about 100 ping on Nox, and about the same ping on remington. Won't matter probably, but go ahead and check them both out.
5. On forums, Nox is more active. In terms of politics, I can't really say. Politics is dead on Nox, every nation has it's own cycle of governors, except for Bonta which is a wreck right now.
6. You don't need to join a guild, but the player base is pretty small so getting dungeon groups early game is difficult, you'll probably just get powerlevelled by some level 200 with some free time on their hands.
7. Don't pick melee classes and everyone will love you.

Sorry for being inspecific, it's 7 AM here in noxville USA so I'm kinda dead.
0 0
Score : 44

Thanks for the answers, decided to go with Remington, as a Xelor or maybe the Eliotrope.

Interesting thing; I have checked the ping for the servers and got 75-78ms for both Nox and Remingtont (my location is central Europe).

0 0
Score : 17815

Yeah, I don't think the Nox server is even hosted in NA. At any time during the day and night, on any internet connection I've tried, the minimum ping I've gotten is like 180ms.

Even with 180ms ping, I can do all the content I want with no issues though. The pleasures of turn-based combat, eh?

0 0
Respond to this thread