FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Character transfers between servers?

By SirSilvy August 23, 2016, 05:19:14
AnkaTracker

Greetings,
Are there any talks about enabling us to transfer characters between servers (Nox to Remington as an example)? The tech cannot be that complicated to implement, and I'd guess the tech is already there to support this kind of a change. You obviously would not be guaranteed your name if you switched to a server with your name already there.

Also, this is not a thread for people to write: OMG you nub stick with your server and stop QQ'ing bruh. I'm simply asking if there have been any talks from Devs or rumors that would hint at this service implementation.

1 0
First Ankama intervention
SirSilvy|2016-08-23 05:19:14
Greetings,
Are there any talks about enabling us to transfer characters between servers (Nox to Remington as an example)? The tech cannot be that complicated to implement, and I'd guess the tech is already there to support this kind of a change. You obviously would not be guaranteed your name if you switched to a server with your name already there.

Also, this is not a thread for people to write: OMG you nub stick with your server and stop QQ'ing bruh. I'm simply asking if there have been any talks from Devs or rumors that would hint at this service implementation.

Hey there Sir Silvy,

Thank you for the enquiry. We will discuss it with the team.
See message in context
Reactions 13
Score : 2429

I haven't herd anything on this being an option. And with lots of people asking, I feel ankama is making a point by not responding. But that's purely speculation.

0 0
SirSilvy|2016-08-23 05:19:14
Greetings,

Hey there Sir Silvy,

Score : 7401

They can transver characters. But they wont, since they will end up killing servers.

0 0
Score : 595

Server transfer is nice, economy is fked up against the two servers cuz NOx is richer but... We can suggest that players who go to NOx to rem and vice versa cannot trade or use marketplace. Only be able to fight together in dungeons, map areas gather resources or fight each other. Basically anything that prevents the two servers from taking advantage of another servers economy.

Of course by this means, you can always go back to your own server.

0 0
Score : 63
Flatops|2016-08-23 08:32:14
Hey there Sir Silvy,

Appreciate the update, Flatops! Let me know what the team says.

@Anthonyandrew2, with all due respect that could be the worst idea I've read about server transfers. It's an MMO, not a single player game. A critical component of an MMO is the ability to interact with others players. Trading is a factor there. Removing trading from the game would be disastrous.

As a follow-up question: when the most recent server mergers happened, how was it implemented?

Was it: all Phaeris characters, guilds, currency, etc. are now migrated to Remington.
Or was it: Phaeris is now shut down. If you were on Phaeris before, start over on Remington or *bye*.
0 0
Score : 2429

Well I guess I look dumb now that flatops responded.

0 0
Score : 3502
Was it: all Phaeris characters, guilds, currency, etc. are now migrated to Remington.
Or was it: Phaeris is now shut down. If you were on Phaeris before, start over on Remington or *bye*.
Phaeris wasn't server merged, it still exists.

0 0
Score : 595

if you seen nox and remm prices... you will agree with my suggestion... trading should not be allowed. -.-" you need some knowledge between servers before saying these stuff. I think you need some knoooowledge... ill give you some knoooowledge

Bygone in remm is 34mk or so... Bygone in nox is 100mk + ... now, should nox take advantage of remm prices -.-" ? or would they be nice players and not take advantage -.-"?
If you were a nox player, where would you buy a bygone? Remm or Nox?

Ah, is your answer nox? yeh it better be cuz server transferring to remm to buy cheap gear is not allowed smile

0 -1
Score : 1687
Anthonyandrew2|2016-08-23 21:55:28
Bygone in remm is 34mk or so... Bygone in nox is 100mk + ... now, should nox take advantage of remm prices -.-" ? or would they be nice players and not take advantage -.-"?

I don't play on Nox, but if the transfer is happening, and this scenario is very likely to happen, I'm off to level up all characters here and get filthy rich here.

Transfer? Yes - but with all of your items linked. All of them. Including costumes and crafted consumables. And no kamas. You should be able to get the amount back easily, with all characters nicely leveled and geared up, innit?
0 0
SirSilvy|2016-08-23 17:10:40
Flatops|2016-08-23 08:32:14
Hey there Sir Silvy,

Appreciate the update, Flatops! Let me know what the team says.

@Anthonyandrew2, with all due respect that could be the worst idea I've read about server transfers. It's an MMO, not a single player game. A critical component of an MMO is the ability to interact with others players. Trading is a factor there. Removing trading from the game would be disastrous.

As a follow-up question: when the most recent server mergers happened, how was it implemented?

Hi Sir Silvy,

The team mentions that this service is not currently planned, but we appreciate the feedback and will make a note of it.

Also, we have not done server mergers but account/community migrations. As mentioned by Shadowfacts, Phaeris server is still up and running.

EarthMinion|2016-08-23 17:38:49
Well I guess I look dumb now that flatops responded.

Not at all! Thank you for sharing your feedback. happy
Score : 63

Appreciate the timely update, Flatops. I'll see you around biggrin

-Silvy

0 0
Score : -22

So... No transfers between servers... I would gladly pay to get my enu from Remington to Efrim.

0 -1

Hi Felipe-xD,

This service is not planned. We will be having a server merge next year so if ever we did have this service, it will quickly gather dust.

Please refrain as well from reviving year old threads.