FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Otomai Quests

By Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - MEMBER - July 13, 2016, 16:19:29
Reactions 43
Score : 2
Kruzy99|2016-07-14 21:06:03
The last step of the quest is a joke and not worth it for those lackluster boots. The mats you need are:
• 10 Koko Nutt Essences
• 10 Pirate Flags
• 10 Cataplasms
• 10 Black Monkey Hairs
Whats the reward? Just the boots + exp?? If so I'm really disappointed :/
0 0
Score : 2450
hoiaeu|2016-07-14 23:51:47
The last step of the quest is a joke and not worth it for those lackluster boots. The mats you need are:
• 10 Koko Nutt Essences
• 10 Pirate Flags
• 10 Cataplasms
• 10 Black Monkey Hairs
Boots, title and achievement. People thought there was going to be an emblem or costume because of the icon shown in the devblog but they confirmed that there was no such thing (yet).

@Matt: kind of brainfarted there but yeah, these boots are at all not worth it. The only reason I would ever bother is for the achievement.
0 0
Score : 2236
Kruzy99|2016-07-15 01:27:33
hoiaeu|2016-07-14 23:51:47
• 10 Koko Nutt Essences
• 10 Pirate Flags
• 10 Cataplasms
• 10 Black Monkey Hairs
Boots, title and achievement. People thought there was going to be an emblem or costume because of the icon shown in the devblog but they confirmed that there was no such thing (yet).

@Matt: kind of brainfarted there but yeah, these boots are at all not worth it. The only reason I would ever bother is for the achievement.

ohh no... my reason to make this crap was emblem :/
0 0
Score : 1293

Strange .... everyone were asking for a challenge and now sooo many complains that that challenge is too hard

1 -1
Score : 24981

I dont mind it being hard tbh. Gathering all these mats at least give a reason to play. Well it would if the reward was worth it, but it doesnt seem to be.

1 -1
Score : 3512
addaaa|2016-07-15 20:13:56
Strange .... everyone were asking for a challenge and now sooo many complains that that challenge is too hard
Personally, I can't count how much time, I've stood outside of Temple scripture, spamming LGF, for any of the
moon dungeons or even Steel beak.. to no avail.

To date, I've never been able to do any of those dungeons.

The problem with these dungeons and their drops, is that there simply isn't enough players at end game
that are willing to do them.

Unless you have Heroes or friends with heroes or are part of an "end game guild".. then you likely will never
be able to get these items without buying them off the market for retarded amounts of money.

At the end of the day, that's not much of a "challenge" tbh..
0 0
Score : 16228
Not necessarily the same people.

There's several issues here though. First off, the moon bosses are by far the most dangerous and time consuming battles in the game. Only hardcore Robowl compares. Steel Beak is much easier. And the quest calls for 10 of each boss's 5% drops... which happen to be required for end-game recipes as well.

To me, it's not the challenge that's the problem. It's the sheer number of dungeon runs Ankama seems to expect from people to complete this quest. On top of the number of dungeon runs already required for each piece of crafted equipment from moon.

My personal hope is that with the updated Otomai quest, and the pending level-scaling system, Ankama will be able to perform a review of dungeon bosses' mechanics and difficulty relative to their suggested levels. If Koko the Nutt is meant to be a reasonable challenge for a team of level 172 characters, then something's wrong since at that level the dungeon has pretty strict team composition requirements. And let's not even talk about Hagen Daz and his dungeon.

EDIT: Thought of this after I posted: I do not mean the dungeons are impossible for characters at the recommended or minimum level. Just that certain mechanics make the dungeons harder than is reasonable for players who are reaching the recommended level since moon came out.
1 0
Score : 5365
Gelgy|2016-07-15 22:52:48

My personal hope is that with the updated Otomai quest, and the pending level-scaling system, Ankama will be able to perform a review of dungeon bosses' mechanics and difficulty relative to their suggested levels. If Koko the Nutt is meant to be a reasonable challenge for a team of level 172 characters, then something's wrong since at that level the dungeon has pretty strict team composition requirements. And let's not even talk about Hagen Daz and his dungeon.

This is pretty valid. They could just tune down some bosses or change some mechanics, like allowing more elemental damage against Kani boss.
0 0
Score : 2346

I definitely want level scaling soon.. btw Hagen daz literally is a breeze now.. you can wipe off the mobs easily with air/earth and then you can use a mask or cra or any character with collision damage.. boss no longer is something to fear and gets weak real fast the more collision you deal.

Yeah.. I'm disappointed that they didn't focus on enuardo, wa wabbit, past, and present .. or is it there?

I was also hoping for an Otomai BP upgrade ..

0 0
Score : 2

Excuse me, im newbie, pls tellme where is Brutas in the first Optomai quest?
What is it look like?
Thanks guys!

0 0
Score : 7187
KoyBB|2016-07-16 03:49:15
What is it look like?
Thanks guys!
Maybe he's the boss of the Raised Vault-dungeon, but I'm not 100% certain.
0 0
Score : 7283
challenge =/= redoing the same dungeon over and over again to get some rare drops
2 0
Score : 4393
SplingSplingSpling|2016-07-16 04:11:42
KoyBB|2016-07-16 03:49:15
What is it look like?
Thanks guys!
Maybe he's the boss of the Raised Vault-dungeon, but I'm not 100% certain.
he is wink 
0 0
Score : 163

I finished the quest on thursday, i was lucky because I already had the black monkey hairs, koko esscense and cataplasm from previous farm sessions, the only one that had to farm where the croco flags and since the update i think the drop rate is higher cuz i always drop at least 2.

The relic i think its only good for off-tank classes, or maybe with new set of items comming out it will be usefull we just have to wait and see.

0 0
Score : 143

where do i go to start this quest? the astrub one only asks for bow meow teeth

0 0
Score : 2450
HerioMortis|2016-07-18 00:48:46
where do i go to start this quest? the astrub one only asks for bow meow teeth
There's a guy wearing something like a blue hoodie next to where you can get your dragoturkey.
0 0
Score : -3047

It's quite ridiculous how everybody diss'es the Boots relic despite it being the tankiest relic in game that also gives great damage and critical hits.

Makes sense that not many players like it though, as it's a tanky relic lol not a glasscannon one.

0 0
Score : 16228
hattoridaichi|2016-07-16 22:30:01
The relic i think its only good for off-tank classes, or maybe with new set of items comming out it will be usefull we just have to wait and see.
This.

It's not a bad relic for semi-tank melees like Iop, some panda & eca builds, DD sac or even Sram.

It's a poor choice for primary tanks though, since losing 4-8% block rate in the boot slot hurts.

It's actually a tough question if it's better to use the new relic, or Belt of the Winds + some tank boots though. Plenty of boots have better resistances AND a block bonus. The gap in HP isn't even much, so it's mostly that giant mountain of mastery in the relic's favor.
1 0
Score : -3047

Pretty sure there are no boots with better resistances. Only boots that can come close to these are Ferocious, other than that there is nothing competitive(assuming you care for secondary resistances).

Aside from block, but it means really not much you have 95% or 100% block or so.

0 0
Score : 7405

Otomai quest from a start:

Part 1: Explosive arrow

Part 2: More explosive arrow

Part 3: Explosive arrow?

Part 4: Even more explosive arrow.. in this part my eca deals some damage at least.
Also -- Grand Orrok took me 20 runs to get items

Part 5: Explosive arrow database error .. cant damage bliblis...change tactic ... explosive from a side
Vampyro doesnt like to be nuked in 1.st turn biggrin. (and he refuses to drop dark purple after 10 runs)
Yech'Ti'Wawa just dies in 3th turn (due to immunity), but bastard refuses to drop a pet..oh wait i need his teeth.
Bilby Queen --- LAGGGGGYYYYYY DIE DIE DIE

Part 6: Explosive , dc, explosive ,dc , waiting for yellys to die , still explosive, oh wait boss.. didnt drop blibli.....takes 30 runs to get 4 royal yellys
Hagen daz.... explosive not very effective, switching to OSA aoe air...poor cra goes on push duty, gets eni from bench to push boss since hupper is buggy as hell.
Miss frezz..o cheap stick on market... no grid biggrin
Poinkitus? ...o just more cheap mats to skip it.

Part 7 (current):
Explosive arrow is back ... YEEEEAAHHH...die wabbits die. Black energy 2/5
Grand Vizew Wabbit ... huh i already got 5 tails...this dungeon is fun tho. biggrin
Sugnuf...ugh do i realy need to go there... items 2/5
Empelol .. grabs cheap furs on market and handels them..then kills emperor once.. end of story.

1 0
Respond to this thread