FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why do you still pay so much monthly on this game?

By arcanvs99 - MEMBER - May 20, 2016, 01:51:07
Reactions 101
Score : 8776
arcanvs99|2016-05-20 01:51:07
And don't give me that "Because we need to support the developers!" bullshit, we all know that for the last year and a half all they've done is produce terrible content. If it was me, I would've already lost all my trust in the Ankama developing team if after so many people wasting their money on this game on a yearly basis they are still not able to produce a functional game and completely disregard the non-French community.
Because I like it and I can do whatever the hell I want with my own money. If you don't like it, don't pay. Simple. You can buy yourself an extra couple Big Mac's a month!

You do you, I'll do me.
1 0
Score : 8492
Gunnerwolfang|2016-05-20 17:13:40
Xillor-The-Shadow|2016-05-20 16:37:21
You know it takes like 30 seconds to get to level 8. Also, the game has gone through dramatic changes over 4 years. Also, EVERYBODY has the beta tag. It's bugged.
30 seconds is not enough to get to level 8. Even if you use exp items, just getting those items would take more than 30 seconds.

Also, yes the game undergo dramatic changes over 4 years.... That's actually my point in this thread, players pay so developers can develop this game. You don't pay Ankama to give you a perfect game right away.... It takes years and resources before the game reaches its potential. Right now the game is still a baby, but someday it will grow up to be something worth playing.

Well, not everybody has the beta tag... If it is bugged then my bad, but the fact still remain that not everyone has it.
Unless you made your account during or after 2015 you automatically have a tag that says "closed beta" which is zero indicator of how long you've been playing. The fact "remains" that your highest level is 8. Out of 200.

all that tells us is that you played the game for less than 30 minutes and then promptly quit. Why not at least give the game a chance before you criticize it? smile 
0 0
Score : 1114
Matty-Ragez|2016-05-20 14:58:24
I have a job and don't mind throwing the extra £'s just for some small bonuses from the boosters along with the heroes feature
The point of this discussion is not whether you enjoy the bonuses or not. In fact, I could afford them monthly since I live in a really small place in a trash zone where the rent is literally nothing, but I still choose to use my entertainment money on better things like nights out, or at the least, games that have maintained the promise of turning out great. Take Warframe as an example- In the last 2 years I have spent around 160 bucks and I regret nothing, because the developers are sending out updates, bug fixes on a biweekly basis and although the game might have some flaws regarding strategies or balancing, at least it is functioning, unlike Wakfu where there are lingering bugs from 3-4 years ago, if not more.

Christian-CAO|2016-05-20 17:45:02
in the end I think it's just a subconscious act to renew my "subscription" when it runs out... maybe under some false belief for a better time tomorrow.

And that's exactly what I think happened with this game. We all had high hopes for Wakfu, and so did the Wakfu developers, marketing team, and staff. However, greed and avarice started affecting many team members, and good people like Troyle and Azael found that the only good thing to do would be to find a better job offer, which to this day, I still hope they are in a better company than Ankama. o7
0 0
Score : -1464
Madd1|2016-05-20 20:48:36
arcanvs99|2016-05-20 01:51:07
And don't give me that "Because we need to support the developers!" bullshit, we all know that for the last year and a half all they've done is produce terrible content. If it was me, I would've already lost all my trust in the Ankama developing team if after so many people wasting their money on this game on a yearly basis they are still not able to produce a functional game and completely disregard the non-French community.
Because I like it and I can do whatever the hell I want with my own money. If you don't like it, don't pay. Simple. You can buy yourself an extra couple Big Mac's a month!

You do you, I'll do me.
4 Chan called and asked for their memes back
0 0
Score : 333

...to answer the thread question.
I dont know cant really find any good mmorpgss. Not saying this one is good but the last few i checked were dead..
Maybe ill try minecraft...

0 0
Score : 746
Xillor-The-Shadow|2016-05-20 20:58:11
Gunnerwolfang|2016-05-20 17:13:40
Xillor-The-Shadow|2016-05-20 16:37:21
You know it takes like 30 seconds to get to level 8. Also, the game has gone through dramatic changes over 4 years. Also, EVERYBODY has the beta tag. It's bugged.
30 seconds is not enough to get to level 8. Even if you use exp items, just getting those items would take more than 30 seconds.

Also, yes the game undergo dramatic changes over 4 years.... That's actually my point in this thread, players pay so developers can develop this game. You don't pay Ankama to give you a perfect game right away.... It takes years and resources before the game reaches its potential. Right now the game is still a baby, but someday it will grow up to be something worth playing.

Well, not everybody has the beta tag... If it is bugged then my bad, but the fact still remain that not everyone has it.
Unless you made your account during or after 2015 you automatically have a tag that says "closed beta" which is zero indicator of how long you've been playing. The fact "remains" that your highest level is 8. Out of 200.

all that tells us is that you played the game for less than 30 minutes and then promptly quit. Why not at least give the game a chance before you criticize it? smile
Well if you want to be so technical about it, technically you are wrong to assume that I played for less than 30 minutes. Nice try but still no cigar. tongue

0 0

Love the salt in the original post, it's probably the same guy with 4 yearly subbed accounts that disliked it laugh 

0 0
Score : -3032

Honestly it's none of your business. Some buy drugs for those monthly 10£, some buy ciggs, some buy luxury food once/month,some donate to twitch streamers, some subscribe to wakfu. Is that so hard to comprehend?

0 0
blazakkhakabow|2016-05-21 13:54:40
Honestly it's none of your business. Some buy drugs for those monthly 10£, some buy ciggs, some buy luxury food once/month,some donate to twitch streamers, some subscribe to wakfu. Is that so hard to comprehend?
You're grabbing it from the wrong point of view. It's not about YOUR money, it's about the money you're giving to THEM. So far they have shown that they don't deserve it, yet there's people that still spend 60+ a month on a game that really doesn't deserve it. I'm not mad at the players, as I'm sure they're really good people; instead, I'm mad at the undeserved money that Ankama gets by forcing players to pay or suffer in a slow progressing game
1 0
Score : 291
arcanvs99|2016-05-21 14:29:32
You're grabbing it from the wrong point of view. It's not about YOUR money, it's about the money you're giving to THEM. So far they have shown that they don't deserve it, yet there's people that still spend 60+ a month on a game that really doesn't deserve it. I'm not mad at the players, as I'm sure they're really good people; instead, I'm mad at the undeserved money that Ankama gets by forcing players to pay or suffer in a slow progressing game
Indeed. For what state this game is now they ask way too much from the stuff in the shop.
1 0
Score : 756
Trachinus-Draco|2016-05-21 16:03:15
Indeed. For what state this game is now they ask way too much from the stuff in the shop.
You do have to consider Dofus kamas as way of getting ogrines though. Most of us aren't actually paying real cash.

Also, I find that having/playing a team that works well together, especially if it consists of chars you like, is quite enjoyable. Yes, it lacks some PVM dungeons and PVP matchmaking, but you can still enjoy it if you like.
0 0
Score : 2464
It's like people have different opinions or something. Also I don't remember them forcing me to do anything.
0 0
Kruzy99|2016-05-21 16:34:41
It's like people have different opinions or something. Also I don't remember them forcing me to do anything.
It doesn't seem forced at the surface, but in reality it is. Remember when Steel Beak was for subscribers only? This forced many people to have to buy a sub for a month or so just so they could be able to get a few Steel Beak equipments which weren't obtainable otherwise. Plus, the continuous lock of new areas to only p2p players may not be forcing people to pay, but it greatly puts them behind as the only way they can get the new equipment, weapons, and resources is through the market at outrageous high prices. Look at pets and costumes and emotes that are obtainable only through the shop. Again, you might not be the one paying money directly, but somebody else was forced to so he could bring it to others in the game.
0 0
Score : 2464
arcanvs99|2016-05-21 17:29:26
It doesn't seem forced at the surface, but in reality it is. Remember when Steel Beak was for subscribers only? This forced many people to have to buy a sub for a month or so just so they could be able to get a few Steel Beak equipments which weren't obtainable otherwise. Plus, the continuous lock of new areas to only p2p players may not be forcing people to pay, but it greatly puts them behind as the only way they can get the new equipment, weapons, and resources is through the market at outrageous high prices. Look at pets and costumes and emotes that are obtainable only through the shop. Again, you might not be the one paying money directly, but somebody else was forced to so he could bring it to others in the game.
That's hardly forcing people to play since a decent chunk of the community isn't even high level enough for these dungeons.

It's also entirely possible to sell your drops to buy the Moon 2 equipment that you need since the only ones behind a p2p barrier are dungeon only drops and boss drops. Heck, the most profitable dungeon at the momenr is Kanni which is at the moment free.

Lastly, if there wasn't anything appealing in getting a booster pack then nobody would buy them. Now we're starting to blame Ankama for wanting to make money.
0 0
Score : 2791

Why do you still pay so much monthly on this game?
Why do people throw money at things they like? Why do people purchase luxury items, candy bars or literally anything that isn't essential? Why do people ask stupid questions?

I don't have an issue with P2P games having a P2P monetizing scheme that's how the game gets paid for. To assume that somehow a game will somehow finance itself out of the sheer goodness of the developer is a sign of a child or an idiot.

I've played other P2P games. Ankama has shown the MOST RESTRICTION with regard to their game balance. There are no rental relics, no premium only boss farming levels, pvp items and actual pvp isn't locked behind a paywall, prem users don't have an unfair advantage such as more damage, higher damage, crit rates, stats, there are no consumables that give you borderline broken stats such as 90% crit, 200% move speed or 500% harvest rate.

Ankama has by far, the fairest pay features of any p2p I have ever played. My main issue is Ankama doesn't want my money. Only gonna play if I can buy ogrines, otherwise, I've got other games I can play.

Far Harbor is coming out, Uncharted 4, Doom, Stardew Valley, Leifrasir for god's sake, Persona 5, Final Fantasy 15, Overwatch, Wild Arms 3, that new nintendo minecraft update, the only reason Wakfu is even on my playlist ever is because I genuinely like this game, but ankama won't let me buy stuff on it.

Oh, also blood and wine. That's probably going to make a really large dent.

0 0
Score : 7981

Instead of whining about other people's actions, take the initiative to solve the problem yourself.

0 0
HealingHotness|2016-05-21 23:43:33
Instead of whining about other people's actions, take the initiative to solve the problem yourself.
  • Report multiple bugs
  • Payed for over 3 years with various microtransactions because both bonuses and wanted to see the game get better, developers deserved it imo at that point
  • Contact the team support and get an answer once every blood moon
  • Tried to get as many of my colleagues and friends into this game, even they got to the point of paying once in a while
I tried to stay positive until a couple of months ago. It's easier to get people in than to get people out. Unless you teach me how to break into people's paypal and dofus accounts, I can't do a lot from stopping them from paying. They are stubborn and desperate for this game.
0 0
Score : 333
arcanvs99|2016-05-21 23:47:47
HealingHotness|2016-05-21 23:43:33
  • Report multiple bugs
  • Payed for over 3 years with various microtransactions because both bonuses and wanted to see the game get better, developers deserved it imo at that point
  • Contact the team support and get an answer once every blood moon
  • Tried to get as many of my colleagues and friends into this game, even they got to the point of paying once in a while
I tried to stay positive until a couple of months ago. It's easier to get people in than to get people out. Unless you teach me how to break into people's paypal and dofus accounts, I can't do a lot from stopping them from paying. They are stubborn and desperate for this game.
Give me a better mmorpg right now ill quit lol.
Least youll have gotten one person out with this post xD
0 0
Score : 7981

I think we have enough people who "know exactly what they're doing", to create our own game studio and create the perfect, bug-free, flawless game to share with the world.

0 0
Score : 1235

Not anymore, when ankama gave that compensation tokens they unleashed an wave of inflation in my server, I saw that I couldn't stay here anymore with this absurdly instable economy and when I tried to tell my comunity, some players just spat in my face, it looks like they like high amounts of kamas with low value, oh well.

Now I'm in Dofus, a fully complete game with lots of content and a stable economy, making my team with the little fortune my friend left to me before he quit, I plan to someday return to Wakfu, but not anytime soon.

2 0