FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Ankama games is great (review)

By ReubenSchwarzschild April 29, 2016, 01:57:11
Reactions 27
Score : 1064

I agree a lot with the OP here. I won't go into detail ob everything he touched base on but I truly do appreciate this game and this company. While there have been some major bumps in the road up to this point (and some still to come) it has progressed SO much over the last few years into a very fun game.

When I first started playing I teamed up with a friend of mine and basically jumped into it blindly. Yea there were a lot of bugs and what not (still playable by a long shot) but the game was just so damn fun I could easily look past it all. That was back in the day when the place to be was outside gobball dungeon in bonta, and SE was fully involved. Since then I have left the game and come back at least 4 times I can remember right now, some with my friend and some without, and each time the game has had some decent updates if not massive updates further improving a lot of aspects of the game. Each break from the game has been no more than 3-4 months. A game that can put in major changes that often and just about all of it for the better is a game where the DEVS and everyone else in the company are clearly putting forth the effort, even if it's not perfect.

The grind in this game has gotten so RIDICULOUSLY EASIER that compared to what people call "the good old days", it's actually not a grindfest anymore. Still plenty to do now, and my no means is it all easy, but simply all obtainable by anyone willing to put in the time and effort without turning it into a job. If there were a lot more people playing I would say the route of sidekicks, heroes, multi accounts, and anything else associated with playing solo would be a huge mistake. The fact of the matter is this. The number of people playing, along with how incredibly closed off the majority of those people are when it comes to grouping up with anyone outside of their small cliches, makes the route of heroes and all that a huge plus for this game. You can still play with others all you want, you just now have an option to progress as far as you wish WITHOUT the need of others. Oh and not to mention the upcoming installation of level synchronization to allow players of all levels to legitimately group with one another in a game with a level cap of 200 will be even more amazing.

In my honest opinion, and I REALLY feel this would make this game way better for so many people, the best thing Ankama can do is merge as many servers together as they can for better population. Of course this is assuming they can do so smoothly while having stable servers afterwards and not having to wipe anything in the process. Heck even making it an option to join a brand new server which is open to a multitude of regions while not allowing any sort of transfers could have HUGE potential for new players and veterans alike.

0 0
Score : 735
Xillor-The-Shadow|2016-05-02 20:51:04
If they really cared about bettering their game they would hire some new advisers that actually care about the game and not just the money involved in business.
By "hire" you mean pay someone?
By "care about the game and not just the money involved" you mean someone who is not in it for the money?

Kinda hard to pay someone who are not suppose to be after the money...

My point is, Ankama is a business, they need money to stay afloat. They are doing what they can to make a good game, but they need money to do so.
0 0
Score : 2163
Xillor-The-Shadow|2016-05-02 19:39:10
ReubenSchwarzschild|2016-04-29 01:57:11

Its obvious you've been playing this game for like 5 days so you literally have zero legitimacy to say whether or not Ankama games is likeable or not.

I have been playing this game for longer than 99% of the server and I agree with much of what he says.
0 0
Score : -3047

Idk if it counts for much, but I also agree with a lot of what the OP stands for.

0 0
Score : 201

Seriously this game is riddled with bugs.
Has 50% unused content due to the lack of players.
The professions are a joke and a lot we were promised was never realized the way we hoped it to be.
And the biggest problem - the lack of players.

Yet in my opinion this is one of, if not the best MMOs currently out there.

Free to play
No pay to win (yeah you could say pay2win faster but there is no actual "winning" in this case, just leveling)
It has content for hundreds of hours of playtime. Maybe thousands if you wanna try a lot of characters.
The community is great in general. You just don't meet those people due to being spread out in a really, really huge world.
Incredible atmosphere, artwork and music.
It is grindy i have to admit that but the combat system is beautiful.
You can chat without stress while fighting.
You can diversify your character in super unique ways (yeah i know, noone does because everyone plays meta builds but you can)
You can create your own personal space and it's even useful. (havenbag)
You can create a huge world together with others and have a unique home for your guild. Yeah i know there are not enough havenworlds but the idea is beautiful. Furthermore the biggest problem is probably the reallocation of havenworlds.
How many characters do we have to choose from? To many. I cannot even choose which to play since i love most of'em.
Several unique dungeon mechanics, beautiful questlines, ridicioulously funny minigames. You know the plants vs zombies wakfu version? Hilarious. Overall Bilbiza has a beautiful design. But most people do not see that kind of positive aspects.
They even tried to compensate the lack of players by implementing the heroes system.
They finally seem to know the core problems and sure it took them a long time but in the end they must have listened to us.
And they give it another shot with the recently announced "Replay-System". They try to close the gaps between players.

That's just what i can think of in 10 minutes.

In the end we want them to bugfix, balance, create all kinds of new content, implement new systems, give us pvp, nation quests, new areas, recreate old ones and we all want it now. But that led us to this point. To the buggy incomplete Wakfu we have today.
I am sure if someone works sloppy a company like Ankama will not keep him so maybe they just wanted to much in the time they had. Would not be the first time that happened to a Game Studio, would it?

The longtime goals for most of us are probably seeing the promises Ankama made become reality. They know about their promises and i am sure they will keep them even if they are late on that one. Keep going you guys are awesome, you created an awesome game and i can see all the work you put into it. In the end creating a game is not just a job for most people working on it. Those people probably do this because they love it. But if you are permanently stressed out even the things you love become a hassle.

While we say that this game has a lot of potential we often ignore the work you put into creating this whole world and how much of a beautiful game it already is. I just want to say thank you for making this game and not giving up even though we throw so much shit at you. Please keep up the good work. This game is something special.

Sorry for the wall of text ;D

PS: Also a big thanks to the Mods. Seriously the forum community is so salty and you remain neutral, objective and polite. You are the punching bag between us and the people working at the game and you are doing this pretty damn well even though this should not be the main aspect of your job. Sadly it probably is.

2 0
Score : 7980
Natsugrayfairy|2016-05-05 12:37:38
Seriously this game is riddled with bugs.
Has 50% unused content due to the lack of players.
The professions are a joke and a lot we were promised was never realized the way we hoped it to be.
And the biggest problem - the lack of players.

Yet in my opinion this is one of, if not the best MMOs currently out there.

Free to play
No pay to win (yeah you could say pay2win faster but there is no actual "winning" in this case, just leveling)
It has content for hundreds of hours of playtime. Maybe thousands if you wanna try a lot of characters.
The community is great in general. You just don't meet those people due to being spread out in a really, really huge world.
Incredible atmosphere, artwork and music.
It is grindy i have to admit that but the combat system is beautiful.
You can chat without stress while fighting.
You can diversify your character in super unique ways (yeah i know, noone does because everyone plays meta builds but you can)
You can create your own personal space and it's even useful. (havenbag)
You can create a huge world together with others and have a unique home for your guild. Yeah i know there are not enough havenworlds but the idea is beautiful. Furthermore the biggest problem is probably the reallocation of havenworlds.
How many characters do we have to choose from? To many. I cannot even choose which to play since i love most of'em.
Several unique dungeon mechanics, beautiful questlines, ridicioulously funny minigames. You know the plants vs zombies wakfu version? Hilarious. Overall Bilbiza has a beautiful design. But most people do not see that kind of positive aspects.
They even tried to compensate the lack of players by implementing the heroes system.
They finally seem to know the core problems and sure it took them a long time but in the end they must have listened to us.
And they give it another shot with the recently announced "Replay-System". They try to close the gaps between players.

That's just what i can think of in 10 minutes.

In the end we want them to bugfix, balance, create all kinds of new content, implement new systems, give us pvp, nation quests, new areas, recreate old ones and we all want it now. But that led us to this point. To the buggy incomplete Wakfu we have today.
I am sure if someone works sloppy a company like Ankama will not keep him so maybe they just wanted to much in the time they had. Would not be the first time that happened to a Game Studio, would it?

The longtime goals for most of us are probably seeing the promises Ankama made become reality. They know about their promises and i am sure they will keep them even if they are late on that one. Keep going you guys are awesome, you created an awesome game and i can see all the work you put into it. In the end creating a game is not just a job for most people working on it. Those people probably do this because they love it. But if you are permanently stressed out even the things you love become a hassle.

While we say that this game has a lot of potential we often ignore the work you put into creating this whole world and how much of a beautiful game it already is. I just want to say thank you for making this game and not giving up even though we throw so much shit at you. Please keep up the good work. This game is something special.

Sorry for the wall of text ;D

PS: Also a big thanks to the Mods. Seriously the forum community is so salty and you remain neutral, objective and polite. You are the punching bag between us and the people working at the game and you are doing this pretty damn well even though this should not be the main aspect of your job. Sadly it probably is.
More of this please.
0 0
Score : 277
Xillor-The-Shadow|2016-05-02 19:39:10
ReubenSchwarzschild|2016-04-29 01:57:11
Because a lot of threads on this forum tend to be so negative and complainy about ankama games (and maybe for good reasons, i don't know) i have decided to write something nice for a change.
Its obvious you've been playing this game for like 5 days so you literally have zero legitimacy to say whether or not Ankama games is likeable or not.

Member Since 2015-03-05. Have been playing dofus since '06 or '07

Though i play kinda on and off since i play so many games at the same time lol. But trust me i mean everything i say.
0 0
Score : 13

Game itself is great.
Customer support is the worst and it has been that way for many many years. 
If there is a problem, they apologise and do absolutely nothing. Hopefully nothing went wrong for anyone playing because I had 2 occasions and they told me to ask forums for way around it (which there were none so I had to give up the accounts) and they never compensated or tried to sound even a bit remorseful. 
The ogrine system was great, it meant less scammers and f2p had a way to continue renewing subscription.
They changed the price form 700 to 1100 which was fine at the time because there were many ways to make kamas.
Now PvP option to make money is pretty much gone and I feel it is hard to subscribe without paying real money, especially for lower levels or beginners.
Good luck if you are playing this game, hopefully you won't find bugs or you might be stuck with it for quite a long time without a solution as ankama support will not help you.

2 -1