FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Natural crits? Kannipaulettes bug?

By ReiYano - MEMBER - March 10, 2016, 11:26:32

I guess I never noticed but is it abnormal that I have 3 crits that are seemingly from nowhere? crit is not leveled at all. I am trying to reduce crits as much as possible so these 3 little crits poking out are a bit annoying lol.

Additionally after putting on my gear, including the -10 crit epic kannipaulettes, I notice that the amount of crits I should be expecting is wrong. The only gear I have that provides crits are: white crow emblem (3 ch), sinuous dagger (3 ch), dora NIO (3 ch), and finally cute corset (6 ch). including this mysterious natural 3 crits that results in 18 crits. -10 from my epic should = 8 but instead I have 12 ch.

so something is up with the math going on in the background. I have tried restarting battles and restarting the client and the result is always the same. Any ideas? Is this a bug?

EDIT: ok after further experimenting it seems that you just cannot go below 3 crits period. the kannipaulettes will not force crits to go below 3. HOWEVER if I keep equipping and unequipping gears I can make it reach 0. basically going back and forth between gears can make these mysterious crits disappear. But I think that perhaps this might be a visual bug.
0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 17584

3 base crit. Yeah, that's a thing that people have. Everyone has +3 crit. Be it level 1, be it level 200. It's been a thing since even the beta.

There's probably some weird balancing in the game's code to prevent 0 crit from being a thing

this is why going for 0 crit on a masq is really just more effort than you think it is.

What's more likely out of everything is that the game isn't actually programmed to handle "zero chance to crit".

Hell it doesn't properly count "100% chance to crit" as I've heard testimony from 100 crit cras. Though both my 100 crit characters seem to actually crit 100% of the time so I'm on the fence on that one.

But if you think about it nothing in the game has 0% crit, just a lack of a critical effect in the event ankama didn't want it to crit.

It's actually super duper possible that -10 crit has the same "visual bug" of -10 block from rogmourne. it wouldn't PROPERLY relay how much block you had, if you recall. Or maybe that was back when it was -15 willpower.

Regardless, I'd recommend throwing on nothing but kannipaulettes statting 0 crit and casting fugue 200 times. if you don't crit then 0 crit is possible just really more difficult than people think it is.

I'd recommend BC emblem lucloak/capellooni/riktus cape, kannipaulettes kanniveyor soul dagger/asse shield

you wanna really focus on and appreciate the fact that lucloak and asse shield have 0 crit, and stats to make this whole build work in your favor (in my opinion it's only real relevance is pvp killing people with liberator charges).

1 0
Score : 7154

thanks for the info hate. I haven't had a level 1 toon in a long time so I guess I never noticed the base 3 crit. I ended up scoring a capelooni and its working well for me. so far it is interesting and I am enjoying the different pace.

0 0
Score : 409

just wondering but why do you go for 0 crit? i thought crits buffed final damage on stuff around a masq or something. do you hate your group members?

0 0
Score : 7154
crimsoncowboy|2016-03-10 16:55:10
just wondering but why do you go for 0 crit? i thought crits buffed final damage on stuff around a masq or something. do you hate your group members?
It's a build that works around the charade passive. It is a novelty build. If I ever want to go back I have the gear for it. I would not recommend it to everybody!
0 0
Score : 281
ReiYano|2016-03-10 19:31:50
crimsoncowboy|2016-03-10 16:55:10
It's a build that works around the charade passive. It is a novelty build. If I ever want to go back I have the gear for it. I would not recommend it to everybody!
Charade is the main path to a "Nuke Mask" when charade hits 30 it transformer into a renewal charge which can reduces resistances by 100 and gives you a 100% single time critical hit, it is generated by dodging the opponent and/or hitting them with a NON-crit attack.

The renewal can also be used to raise an ally or your resistances by 100 as well as give the masqueraider double 100% crits for its turn if the renewal charge is used to summon the double
1 0
Score : 24965
HateSpawn|2016-03-10 14:56:11
What's more likely out of everything is that the game isn't actually programmed to handle "zero chance to crit".
Actually sadida dolls used to have 0% crit rate at first and even for a while past the moment when their fixed dmg% per level was changed to be the same of the sadida dmg% (Ankama forgot to make dolls to have crit rate of sadida and in result dolls NEVER crit). This was fixed and is no longer the case but at some point there was 0 crit rate on dolls. I remember this well because i used my dolls to fight northern brutes by trying to avoid scoring critical hit myself to not make them able to stun me.

So, yeah, the game CAN handle 0% crit rate.
0 0
Score : 7278
koko boss in moon island makes your crits go to 0, so i guess the game can handle it
1 0
Score : 17584
saphiLC|2016-03-11 17:30:36
koko boss in moon island makes your crits go to 0, so i guess the game can handle it
fair enough, I guess.
0 0
Respond to this thread