FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Which is more interesting to play: Fogg or Rogue?

By Aelorr February 14, 2016, 20:29:52

Considering I'm used to complex Xelor turns, I was looking into my second character (the third being Eniripsa since I want a healer), now I'm really trying to decide between Fogger and Rogue.

Considering my damages are mostly air-water-fire, I miss entirely earth damage. Rogue Earth/Fire or Earth/Air is probably fine for my purpose, however fogger is fine in any case since it uses stasis.

Which is more fun, which is more useful in my party (our party is composed of Xelor, Sram, Feca, Eniripsa, Ecaflip, missing one). From my understanding, both are very powerful.

0 0
Reactions 26
Score : 13

Foggernaut's have a LOT of damage if built correctly and have several interesting mechanics, (rails, turrets, the little robot).

Fire/Earth Rogues are also capable of big damage, but aren't as interesting in my option (although I actually prefer Rogues.)

By the looks of your party, Foggernaut seems to be the better pick for you as they have several no LoS spells and a high range. A Rogue would need bombs out and line of sight, and since you have a Feca and Sram that seems impractical.

Whichever you pick they are both great classes and either would make a great earth damage dealer. It all comes down to your own personal preference and your team composition.

Have fun!

0 0
Score : 1427

I tried both and Rogue is definitely more enjoyable to play.

Foggernaut has too many overlapping spells, and the whole air line damages yourself when ever you use steam abilities.
Also, earth spells for Foggernaut have been significantly visually degraded.

0 0
Score : 350

Mh ok so both of you are suggesting rogue for "enjoyability" even if fogger is damage-wise better for my team composition.

I heared rogues don't use bombs anymore though? (fire being nerfed), so might not be a problem using rogue

0 0
Score : 285
Foggernaut has too many overlapping spells, and the whole AIR line damages yourself when ever you use steam abilities.

I fell like I should correct you. Its STASIS!

Ok, for my opinion: I currently play a rogue, and I have played with many high level foggers. I fell like overall foggers do better damage then a rogue, but only if they use mainly stasis. A rogue definitely has a much better burst turn and it is true that rogues spells are much more satisfying than a foggers. Either would make a great addition to your party. You should take into consideration that a rogue will do more EARTH damage than a fogger, but a fogger's stasis hits the enemies' lowest resist so its even better than an elemental damage.
0 0
Score : 6244

NOTE: I don't care about PvP, I just do PvM.

Fogger is like *pew pew pew* and could be tedious and boring even if it deals A LOT of damage.

I also play a Fire/Earth rogue,
I don't care about "bombs nerf" since I never use them. I just put a wall of fire, almost all the mobs step on it (so it's a super great AoE damage) and then, in the second turn, I have +50% CH and Final damage to use with Earth spells. With this way it deals A LOT of damage. It is one of the best DD in my team

0 0

I don't care about PVP either, only pvm for me.

You are all convincing me about getting a rogue instead of a Fogger though tongue 

0 0
Score : 6244

On the other side, you don't use a tank and the fogger could help a bit with blockades (they take 100% of the damage).

I suggest you to try fogger and rogue on Wakfu beta.

0 0

I have a feca that is meant to be tank, so I have a tank indeed

0 0
Score : 2491
I heared rogues don't use bombs anymore though? (fire being nerfed), so might not be a problem using rogue

Actually the best rogue builds use bombs to make a firewall, and then when enemies step on it they charge up the rogues critical hits and final damage. It is a pretty core rogue mechanic.

If you can get the enemies to end in the bomb AoE that is a plus, but the important thing is to just kite them back and forth across your firewall for the buff.
0 0
Score : 42

i prefer fogger

0 0
Score : 2163

I've played both and both are fun. I have a mild preference for fogger.

0 0
Score : 19186
Cyten|2016-02-14 21:16:10

Foggernaut has too many overlapping spells, and the whole air line damages yourself when ever you use steam abilities.
Not Air, Stasis.

I play my Foggernaut far more than my Rogue.
0 0
Score : 410

if you're looking for earth damage though, go rogue. fogger's earth damage isn't really great, but they do have stasis which is hard hitting and can be earth element

0 0
Score : 12139

I personally like foggernauts over rogues though both are really good it depends what you want to do with them. I do think burst wise rogues are probably better? though i know foggernauts can do alot of damage with stasis. The thing about foggernauts is you kind of have to decide if where you want to put your stuff. Like i think every foggernaut should be duo (really tri) if you use stasis it picks whatever your highest damage is as its damage so you might as well be tri. I think foggernauts are pretty good and they can be as complex as you want to play them. I actually main a xelor and a foggernaut alt and they work ok together the res reduction if its whatever element you are helps alot.

Now rogues i know if played right they can be amazing and even played poorly they can still be pretty good. So idk try both out see which you like more.

0 0
Score : 1473
Cyten|2016-02-14 21:16:10

-Played Fogger
-Doesn't know it's Stasis, also known as "That true damage that hurts like hell whenever it hits" damage.

Foggernaut is the cheapest class to build in the game. As they only rely on a single element: Fire, since their Stasis gains damage exactly equal to that of their highest element (Hint, if you are building earth as a DDD Steamer, you are doing it wrong. You can't even use Earth abilities while inside the turret mode)

As for Burst, Rogues have currently the highest one in form of Pulse, their last Earth Ability. Steamers are not really that far behind to be honest, specially if you can weaponize it with a Bygone Hand smile
0 0
Score : 17656
challengeacepted|2016-02-15 05:51:10

As for Burst, Rogues have currently the highest one in form of Pulse, their last Earth Ability.
"PULSE"

aight this whole sentence makes me want to vomit, sit down
0 -1
Score : 23

lol he doesn't know how to speak English he is from spain

0 0
Score : 2658

HateSpawn, if you can't contribute to the discussion with something more than Grammar Nazi "elitiest" comments, just don't "contribute". You are the greatest ever, we know, also we don't care.

Back to the topic. Foggers are great. I have Fogger and recently I made a Rogue. The only reason to make the rogue is it's ability to nuke certain bosses (Flax, Koko) in combination with Feca. Other than that both classes overlap a bit. In a long term Foggers are far better damage dealers. Rails, if played smart are incredible aid to the party. Blockades as well. At the other hand Rogue's Bombot is also really useful utility tool.

Just toss a coin wink 

2 0
Score : 3293

so do you like trains? or do you like holding them up it comes down to playstyle

0 0
Respond to this thread