FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dora nio vs belt of winds.

By ZweiFates February 07, 2016, 18:41:19

For ranged DD's, i always caught up in arguments with friends trying to show them Nio is best because i like the critical damage and i just think Nio+kokoconcord is better than "Insert hat"+Belt of winds.

0 0
Reactions 21
Score : 17831

If you go for a range-less hat, then putting the St'ki Mask with the Belt seems like a stronger alternative. Otherwise, sounds like you're right.

0 0
Score : 2483

It's going to depend on whether your ranged damage is primarily single target or area of effect.

For a single target damage dealer on a crit:

Belt of the Winds + Dora Lagoole: (135% elemental damage + 45% critical hit damage) + (80% elemental damage) = 260% damage

Kokoncord + Dora N.I.O: (100% elemental damage + 50% single target damage) + (130% elemental damage + 40% critical damage) = 320% damage

However for an AoE damage dealer on a crit:

Belt of the Winds + Dora Lagoole: (135% elemental damage + 45% critical hit damage) + (80% elemental damage + 40% area damage) = 300% damage

Kokoncord + Dora N.I.O: (100% elemental damage) + (130% elemental damage + 40% critical damage) = 270% damage

Basically if you deal primarily AoE damage then the single target bonus on kokoncord doesn't do you any good, and you are better off using a belt more aligned to your damage type.

Edit:

Actually I was just basing the math off Kokoncord because I forgot about Round-the-chest Nutt:

Round-the-Chest Nutt + Dora N.I.O = (90% elemental damage + 50% area damage) + (130% elemental damage + 40% critical damage) = 310% damage 

0 0
Score : 17600

BoTW + Stki Mask = 390 damage
BoTW + Looni Lid = 340 damage
BoTW + Dora Borette = 360 damage

================================

Dora N.I.O + Kokon = 320 damage
Dora + round-the-chest = 310 damage

the real kicker here is that dora nio is somewhere around 300x easier to get than fucking belt of the winds.

edit:

main point here

is nio better? no

is nio worth it? eh

is nio more worth it than belt of the winds? I mean 280 mil is a lot of kamas

if you're PURE glass cannon, resist is dead to you, and your life revolves around slapping shit as hard as possible without using a bygone--

then go nio. it's cheaper, the only thing you lose is tankiness, some crit technically, and such a low amount of damage that you won't notice a difference.

0 0

Actually Borette would be 330 damage, since he's a ranged DD. CC damage would kinda be useless for him.

0 0
SSBKewkky|2016-02-07 22:25:13
Actually Borette would be 330 damage, since he's a ranged DD. CC damage would kinda be useless for him.
I listed max damage scenarios for every viable hat at end game
0 0
Score : 595

Pokes in an unrelated relic called bygone with shushu ring.

Equip all those awful resist gear with godly damage and be a glass cannon

0 0
Score : -3046

Actually NIO is harder to get than Belt, you don't have to max a proff for the latter.

0 0

You can just get a friend to craft it for you, whereas you need to drop 100 rare items for the other.

They're both hard to get anyway, which is why their price is high.

0 0

You can easily get a linked belt.

And you actually need to get a tailor seal-using item to craft NIO, which is significant.

0 0

I think you spend less time making a NIO than making a linked BOTW, but to each their own. Regardless, the point is that for a ranged DD, the most damage comes from a St'ki Mask with a BotW.

0 0
Score : 1721
HateSpawn|2016-02-07 22:17:28
BoTW + Stki Mask = 390 damage
BoTW + Looni Lid = 340 damage
BoTW + Dora Borette = 360 damage

================================

Dora N.I.O + Kokon = 320 damage
Dora + round-the-chest = 310 damage

the real kicker here is that dora nio is somewhere around 300x easier to get than fucking belt of the winds.

edit:

main point here

is nio better? no

is nio worth it? eh

is nio more worth it than belt of the winds? I mean 280 mil is a lot of kamas

if you're PURE glass cannon, resist is dead to you, and your life revolves around slapping shit as hard as possible without using a bygone--

then go nio. it's cheaper, the only thing you lose is tankiness, some crit technically, and such a low amount of damage that you won't notice a difference.
I think Belt of winds is way easier to get cause i can get linked, i don't care about damn auras,and i can't use Bygone with rogue and cra cause playing with -1 pm is awful, and i don't feel like using the Sti Mask, and i still need range, so maybe the looni lid would be Ok, and i already have 3 Nios.

blazakkhakabow|2016-02-08 05:20:09
You can easily get a linked belt.

And you actually need to get a tailor seal-using item to craft NIO, which is significant.
But i already have 3 Nios.

SSBKewkky|2016-02-08 05:17:46
You can just get a friend to craft it for you, whereas you need to drop 100 rare items for the other.

They're both hard to get anyway, which is why their price is high.

No, i already have 3 Nios and 1 Linked belt our discussion was about status.

Anthonyandrew2|2016-02-08 01:01:04
Pokes in an unrelated relic called bygone with shushu ring.

Equip all those awful resist gear with godly damage and be a glass cannon
Why would i use bygone?i rather play cra/rogue with 6 PM and loads of damage than 5 m bygone, the question was more about BoW vs Dora Nio.
0 0
Score : 595

Yeh was unrelated but I think botw is better than nio cuz you can get sk'ti mask.

Just go pew pew wiv it.

Kinda bad for rogue tho cuz air rogue is more op than pulsar... People just don't know build for it.

0 0
Score : 1721
Anthonyandrew2|2016-02-08 12:14:34
Yeh was unrelated but I think botw is better than nio cuz you can get sk'ti mask.

Just go pew pew wiv it.

Kinda bad for rogue tho cuz air rogue is more op than pulsar... People just don't know build for it.
I'm air rogue, and i'm building pretty Ok my air rogue thank you very much, and sk'ti mask does have +210% distance damage which won't help my rogue which is mostly air than earth.
Edit/
Sure one can use boomerang and sword to use the distance damage, but that's about it.
0 0
Anthonyandrew2|2016-02-08 12:14:34

20% FD from a Iop
2 AP from a Iop

Buffs/Debuffs via our friend the Feca

that's... about it. Rogue did the rest.

Pulsar = balanced
0 0
Score : 1453

Depends on what class you are.

Example: For Foggernauts, the best relic is the Bygone hand BY FAR. Because you can pull some crazy shenaniganz with Domain of Weapons active.

Click here

Like that one!

0 0
Score : 1322

how does that work? doesnt the effect disappear if you use a weapon once so how does that guy hit for 10k+ 3 times in a row?

0 0
Score : 1453
Crimson-Cowboy|2016-02-09 02:58:00
how does that work? doesnt the effect disappear if you use a weapon once so how does that guy hit for 10k+ 3 times in a row?

The effect of the weapon boost activates on whichever turn you use a Weapon Attack (You can even wait till you can cast Domain of Weapons again, it's funny) and will persist for the whole turn, meaning all weapon attacks on that turn will get the x2 benefit.
0 0

Am I the only one who doesn't think that the active is balanced?

0 0
Score : 1322
challengeacepted|2016-02-09 03:00:08
Crimson-Cowboy|2016-02-09 02:58:00

The effect of the weapon boost activates on whichever turn you use a Weapon Attack (You can even wait till you can cast Domain of Weapons again, it's funny) and will persist for the whole turn, meaning all weapon attacks on that turn will get the x2 benefit.
why is it better on foggernaut though?
does it use his stasis damage or something?
0 0
Respond to this thread