FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Huppermage

By Lemean January 09, 2016, 00:16:03

Huppermage class was announced to be available for everyone only a few days after the pre-release and suddenly they introduced huppermage packs and postponed an official release to april?
Really?

0 0
Reactions 15
Score : 17663

never did they say it'd be a few days

0 0
Score : 4391

They said "shortly after" the first time they made an estimate.

But then they said April which is clearly a short while after.

0 0
Score : 1728
Lemean|2016-01-09 00:16:03
Huppermage class was announced to be available for everyone only a few days after the pre-release and suddenly they introduced huppermage packs and postponed an official release to april?
Really?
To put it more precise'ly its a gag considering the only reason Hupper'mages are coming into a existence as a class on both Wakfu/Dofus, is because of the Julith Dofus movie they are going to release. With how they 'promoted it', the french players would get a early access by getting to see the movie. For us, it was basically lucky promotions for 'free keys' to get them.

Regardless of the movie tack on, i really don't like the idea of 'releasing a class early' for a select group just because they pay 12 bucks or got lucky for it. Especially when the 'package' has a 'animated' Hupper mage costume, WHICH THEY NEVER GET ELIOTROPES THEIR OWN CLASS INSIGNIA COSTUME!!!! sleep

Which might even lead to them ignoring hupper'mages ver and not giving them a 'non' animated costume, silly with those insignias but those things are on a slot that has probably less then a dozen equips that fit its bill that excludes the ones your specific class your using at the time 'cant' equip period.

Wakfu is basically regressing back to pay to 'REALLY PLAY' the game smicks with Hero system and now making people who weren't lucky, have to pay 12 bucks just to get a class 3 months earlier. Sidekicks were technically a good spot of that element but at least they were more in line, sadly now those are withered away and i haven't seen anything done to them besides them dumping a knight in every 3 to 6 months.

Plus if anyone says to just play the game with friends, it doesn't work in terms of mind numbing grind, especially when you have to rely on x1.5s and x2 events, on top of sometimes booster system grinding as if you were playing maplestory when it didn't have reliable ways to grind like party quest, questlines and other things to back up. Wakfu's ver is huge'ly sparse on that end and outside of specific gimmick key items which serve no major purpose outside of achievement treasure. It would be nice if Some of Wakfu's quests can actually lead to useful places like maybe a mini'dungeon for low or solo groups to help make it easier for one to toil thru painful grinds or even say a nice place to collect plant/tree/etc. resources that end up already being a mess in certain nations because you have to run across half the nation if you want to get specific seeds/cuttings/etc. because they are either planted all over the except where they originally are planted, over'priced as heck on the market or you have no means to get it otherwise. Which can be even worst if you don't have a guild bank or haven world to 'store' a eco'system for it.
0 -2
Score : 780

^ Fam word wall plis.

They noted that it wouldn’t be ASAP, paid with Ogrine or Booster and that it deffo wouldn’t be within this month or last.

Have a nice day, fam.

0 0
Score : 181

To me, the $12 price tag is about equivalent to the price of a movie ticket that French fans are able to buy in order to get early access. I'd rather be getting to see the Dofus movie as well out of the payment like they get to, but I'm satisfied enough with the costume and bag. *shrug*

0 0
Score : 1728
13Stars|2016-01-09 01:08:10
^ Fam word wall plis.

They noted that it wouldn’t be ASAP, paid with Ogrine or Booster and that it deffo wouldn’t be within this month or last.

Have a nice day, fam.
Point still stands, basically 'selling' access to a class that no one really showed much of a 'want' for, at the very least to my knowledge since i don't even know how many people even knew or cared about Hupper'mages, even in Dofus itself. Eliotrope at least had plenty of pigeon cries when they teased it and everyone flocked on what the 'class' was gonna be, such as Dimensional Voyagers, those Owl thingies, the typical bellaphone jokes and even EliAtropes themselves. Then we get slapped with a trool face of it being a 'knock off' in a sense of a class, EliOtrope. Which i still kind of feel they are a bit of a mixed up class trying to do a bunch of things and no clear focus on how they operate best besides the portal hopping, wreck'less melee play, Pot shot portal mc'gee and what not.

Before they start releasing a class every time they want to use it as a promotion gag for some OVA, Movie or similar sort, they should put resources to fixing up what's currently in right now. ((

Giolon05|2016-01-09 01:37:14
To me, the $12 price tag is about equivalent to the price of a movie ticket that French fans are able to buy in order to get early access. I'd rather be getting to see the Dofus movie as well out of the payment like they get to, but I'm satisfied enough with the costume and bag. *shrug*
I'd actually agree on the movie ticket, very least they could let us get the movie with subs or something, lol. Very least it would make me get to enjoy a nice movie to hype me up for the class before the 'access comes'.

Still will stand by my maximum salti'ness overdrive comment on the 'costume'. Which if it turns out to be like that Rain'drop aura 'Misname' where it was a emote and not a 'Aura Toggle' item. Then i think the Dev team is gonna enjoy a huge lethal dose of salt from maaaaany players who buy the thing. ^^
0 0
Score : 18199

They never gave an official release of the Huppermages beyond the early access. They said "shortly after" but honestly, in Ankama-words, that just means a few months instead of years. To me, paying 12 for the price of "a movie ticket" but getting to play the class now plus getting some cool items is worth it? I can't watch the movie yet, but I know that one day I will be able to.. so that's fine by me.

0 0
Score : 298
Seraeph|2016-01-09 02:57:07

Before they start releasing a class every time they want to use it as a promotion gag for some OVA, Movie or similar sort, they should put resources to fixing up what's currently in right now. ((

I'd actually agree on the movie ticket, very least they could let us get the movie with subs or something, lol. Very least it would make me get to enjoy a nice movie to hype me up for the class before the 'access comes'.

Still will stand by my maximum salti'ness overdrive comment on the 'costume'. Which if it turns out to be like that Rain'drop aura 'Misname' where it was a emote and not a 'Aura Toggle' item. Then i think the Dev team is gonna enjoy a huge lethal dose of salt from maaaaany players who buy the thing. ^^

It's easier to make classes than fix them it seems hue.
0 0
Score : 1549

wonder if all the classes can wear the costume? I would get the pack just for that happy

Edit: also if I can buy the pack with ogrines? as I use steam

0 0
Score : 4391
FeldePard|2016-01-09 03:23:43
They never gave an official release of the Huppermages beyond the early access. They said "shortly after" but honestly, in Ankama-words, that just means a few months instead of years. To me, paying 12 for the price of "a movie ticket" but getting to play the class now plus getting some cool items is worth it? I can't watch the movie yet, but I know that one day I will be able to.. so that's fine by me.
You ever wipe some off that brown off your nose?

Although I do agree, there's no reason to complain about it. It's a fun event. Reminds me of that time I got a Yu-gi-oh Card for watching the movie (For those of you that remember kuriboh)
0 -1
Score : 2325

Lol, people are mad about that early access, but I suppose no one remember that they did similar thing with foggernauts when they related them. You needed to buy magazine or something, or wait some time to be able to play this class...

0 0
Score : 18199
Gee golly but I mean HearttyAce is such a................ nice person.

Also, back on topic; Either have your access code, buy a pack, or wait. That's life.
0 0
Score : 295

I don't know if you guys have been playing Wakfu or Dofus for ages like me but I recall new classes being announced every December of the year and being released in Late December or January, not bloody april!

0 0
Score : 784
AmanuelGreat|2016-01-09 15:44:30
I don't know if you guys have been playing Wakfu or Dofus for ages like me but I recall new classes being announced every December of the year and being released in Late December or January, not bloody april!
road map gone long ago, not the usual announcement since majority of devs quit.
0 0
Score : 597

Bought the pack for costume.
Worth!

0 0
Respond to this thread