FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

What weapon do you use to attack ?

By Rancidrode - MEMBER - December 09, 2015, 21:12:58

Thought it would be a fun idea to discuss what weapon people use to attack, seeing as so little people actually use weapons to attack xD.

I recently re-changed back to a Rogue coming from an Iop and I can say the build I'm using right now involves using a certain weapon to actually attack after getting buffed from the firewall, and said weapon EASILY does 6-7k+ crits which at my level ( 147 ) isn't too shabby if I may say so :3. Non buffed it can manage 2.5k crits though getting crits unbuffed is a tiny bit luck based ( currently at 50 crit ).

The weapon at hand is a 5AP weapon, which at crits does 140 base damage. It also has all the stats a Rogue could ever want. I'll let you guys figure out which one it is, and I'll post which one it is later on x).

Share your weapons and their damages !

0 0
Reactions 16
Score : 3391

All weapons are inferior if you are a rogue, BBQ Ribs + Slap shot = best, but i confess sometimes I like to use my weapon just to stay in that pose. (It cost 4 ap and has 137 base damage)

tongue

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Also your weapon is 'good' but at that level its better to get Longblade + Frappus shushu or bank card as a rogue.

0 0
Score : 1764

Well, with the new Hypermage spell i will do this way more, but before i had this weapon and i was using it regulary

The weapon that was using with my CRA was the Chop-Chop

Click here

it has swet bonus and almost 100 of damage, i really like it.

0 0
Score : 1369
Aigees|2015-12-09 21:42:23
All weapons are inferior if you are a rogue, BBQ Ribs + Slap shot = best, but i confess sometimes I like to use my weapon just to stay in that pose. (It cost 4 ap and has 137 base damage)

tongue

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Also your weapon is 'good' but at that level its better to get Longblade + Frappus shushu or bank card as a rogue.
I couldn't disagree more ^^"

To make BBQ+SS do more damage than the weapon I'm currently using it would have to be the 2nd SS with bonus damage, and that would require another 2AP. The only time I see it getting close to doing the same damage ( not more ) is with the rogue master passive at 15 stacks and it triggering treacherogue.

In situations where I can position 2 enemies behind each other my weapon will destroy the damage of BBQ and SS because of the AoE xD. The longblade spell "might" do more damage, but it'll cost an extra AP AND a wakfu point AND it'll put you back a cell, which can be bad in some situations.
0 0
Score : 755

use the SB sword, on crits it has an awesome dmg/ap ratio.

0 0
Rancidrode|2015-12-09 22:10:39
2 Slap shots have better damage ratio on critical (25 DPA) than that weapon you use (23 DPA). Even at level 147. Except you could use other passives to increment even further the base spell damage by quite a lot. But I guess I'll keep that a 'secret' for you to figure it out.

wink 
0 0
Score : 2332
Aigees|2015-12-10 16:46:43
2 Slap shots have better damage ratio on critical (25 DPA) than that weapon you use (23 DPA). Even at level 147. Except you could use other passives to increment even further the base spell damage by quite a lot. But I guess I'll keep that a 'secret' for you to figure it out.

wink
You could also have a higher elemental modifier than air and use a weapon as a alternative to air for melee on a rogue, it would allow you to use, for instance, 3 ap fire spam without a limit.

If i swing my bygone hand its normally for laughs. using pulsar + tonic, full feca buffs, and a broken crystal in hc enu, i can easy weapon swing him to death in two swipes of bygone hand.
0 0
Rrae|2015-12-10 17:05:40
If i swing my bygone hand its normally for laughs. using pulsar + tonic, full feca buffs, and a broken crystal in hc enu, i can easy weapon swing him to death in two swipes of bygone hand.
For fire spam I prefer Flame Claw, with the incremented spell damage it hurts quite a lot.

When the new active comes out (+80% to weapon damage for 2 ap), you should take a screen shot of it!
0 0
Score : 755

I think a strong weapon is actually really handy for the Air rogue - After reaching limit of -crit resist on BBQ and extinguishing your Slap Shot (that's 15AP IF BBQ -crit res doesn't stack with surprise shot, but with Fusillade and double Treacherogue, Feca buffs, you can have more), a deadly swing from the SB Sword might just do the trick in concluding the combination.

0 0

wink
All the passives which increase damage ( bomberfan, suprise shot, carnage and initiator ) also work towards weapons. The only passive that could potentially add some damage is Rogue master. Yes, if with a treacherouge proc it will do more damage, but without it nope. It might have more damage per AP, but in reality you can't use SlapShot for 5AP, so bumping it up 1AP instead of down is dumb. At 4AP SS will do less than 1 weapon swing AND it's single target so VS 2 mobs lined up it automatically loses. Pair that in with the fact that we get too little time to fully optimise our turn with the way firewall works ( makes a hit animation every single time . . . ) it actually makes me miss out on on casting every spell I wanted to sometimes, and missing the second SS is a HUGE decrease in damage, whereas just quickly swinging your weapon could save that blunder.

So yes I'm going to stand by my initial oppinion. I disagree.

wink

PS: keep the thread going guys ! I've seen some low lvl people use weapons, so having a lower lvl come in here would be pretty cool !
0 0
Score : 508
Rancidrode|2015-12-10 18:33:48

PS: keep the thread going guys ! I've seen some low lvl people use weapons, so having a lower lvl come in here would be pretty cool !
That would be because lower level players have weapons that deal more damage than their spells at that level. I remember using that wooden axe from the tutorial when I started out. Whenever I see a low level player using a weapon I advise against using a weapon as more than an armor slot. Better to use spells at that level to level them up than a weapon which usually ends up with worse AP to damage ratio. I'm glad your weapon works for you, but I don't think many weapons will do better than your spells once you out level the weapon. and then, if you find another one that's better, great, but still, you out grow weapons (at least until max level) but you don't out grow your spells unless you don't use them.
0 0
Score : 3441

Pre deck this was my favoirte weapon (while trying to get my shushu weapon done) Daybreak Hammer..
On oposite sides of a crolk
''is it ok if I hit you?''
''sure..?!''
I hit fusi and hammered 4times =D
Best weapon ingame

0 0
Score : 1070

wink
All the passives which increase damage ( bomberfan, suprise shot, carnage and initiator ) also work towards weapons. The only passive that could potentially add some damage is Rogue master. Yes, if with a treacherouge proc it will do more damage, but without it nope. It might have more damage per AP, but in reality you can't use SlapShot for 5AP, so bumping it up 1AP instead of down is dumb. At 4AP SS will do less than 1 weapon swing AND it's single target so VS 2 mobs lined up it automatically loses. Pair that in with the fact that we get too little time to fully optimise our turn with the way firewall works ( makes a hit animation every single time . . . ) it actually makes me miss out on on casting every spell I wanted to sometimes, and missing the second SS is a HUGE decrease in damage, whereas just quickly swinging your weapon could save that blunder.

So yes I'm going to stand by my initial oppinion. I disagree.

wink

I'll be brief
Your turn dosnt have 5 ap, it has 10-12, get the best dpa for that turn, your spells have the best dpa. At this moment ...the overdrawn? i assume, has comparable damage, at the cost of not gaining treach. in 5 levels, the slightly higher current damage of your spells will be just flat better, get a weapon/dagger with better stats

I can see why you'd leave iop tho, if your not willing to use treach ( a big part of air rogue being viable ) then you must have had an awful time with combos

"AND it's single target so VS 2 mobs lined up it automatically loses."
your forgetting you have more than 1 spell
0 0
Rrae|2015-12-10 17:05:40

wink
You could also have a higher elemental modifier than air and use a weapon as a alternative to air for melee on a rogue, it would allow you to use, for instance, 3 ap fire spam without a limit.

I normally just stab him todeath ...fusi + ap glyph.. feca buffs ..and come out of it with 2-4ap left ..=x
0 0

@Weblink

The Iop comment is just absolutely ridiculous XD. I've got 10+ years of experience from Dofus, and adapting to Wakfu isn't hard at all with anyone with atleast some bit of a brain. Figuring out the best Iop combos therefore wasn't hard either. I left Iop for other reasons.

Yes I have more than 1 spell, but none of the spells I have that are AoE use less than 6AP ( except Boomerang which is not CC and very situational AoE ).

Treach is deffinately NOT what makes Air Rogue viable, and by that statement alone I already know not to take you serious. I'd advise you to go back ingame and take another look at the Rogue's arsenal and find what passive actually makes the Air Rogue work so absurdly well as it does.

So to finish it of I'll just say : please think before posting, because all these arguements are invalid. I'm happy to admit whenever I'm wrong, this is not such a case. Except for the Treach proc with 2x SlapShot, that is indeed stronger than 1 weapon swing, though not by much.

wink

Back ontopic please ^-^ !

0 0
All the passives which increase damage ( bomberfan, suprise shot, carnage and initiator ) also work towards weapons.
Ok since the passive just got nerfed in beta, there's no point in hiding it anymore, Im gonna tell you that you missed the most powerful passive, Elemental Disciple, this would add 40% total damage, to all your air combo, making it absolutely the best damage output stacked with the ones you just mentioned. Or even earth (piercing shot) or fire (flame claw)!

But back on topic, I loved to use war chief axe, when i was a low level cra that would get locked by gobballs.
0 0

@^ oh gawd..... we're getting effed again

0 0
Respond to this thread