Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Wakfu please copy something from Dofus that people would actually like

By Shiracharm - MEMBER - December 06, 2015, 04:02:21
Reactions 30
Score : 1728
Neneko88|2015-12-07 02:15:14
"outside of dungeons"

Need to quote myself from first post since I don't think anyone read it even though it was 1 sentence.
Riddle me this, whenever do people group large parties 'outside' of a dungeon outside of yolo'fun, challenges, specific achievements, bus grind trains or more specifically in a different note: "When grinding is shit in a dungeon and its much faster to grind in a chain kill fiesta.", Because sides the lovable bus grind train in specific locales, its pretty much never that people large party grind while not in dungeons.

On that same note, Wakfu doesn't exactly use the same gameplay elements as certain games where you could just pull more mobs into a existing 'fight', to create a kill chain sort of measure, would be awesome if that could be invented in a way that would work with Wakfu's standards. Never the less, that is likely one of the few elements i know that make large party grinding 'outside' of instanced areas/dungeons/etc. that usually have some special exp bonus gimmick going on, be quite favorable for large party groups. Not when everyone has to join in on a set enemy group fight to earn any experience at all.

Can anyone say, "Cross Encounter from Tales of Xillia, where it was possible to drag multiple enemies into one fight, creating a situation of multiple waves of enemies after the first one to result in alot more experience, less time wasted and also better chances at certain loot?"

Though in wakfu standards i guess it would have to work by two party members attacking a enemy mob group within close proximity of each other to allow the overlap to happen.
0 0
Score : 10990
Seraeph|2015-12-07 02:45:08
Though in wakfu standards i guess it would have to work by two party members attacking a enemy mob group within close proximity of each other to allow the overlap to happen.
^ this could be nice idea, sounds like a nice way to get to fight bigger and maybe more profitable mobs and may be a reason to have bigger groups outside of dungeons.
0 0
Score : 1324

if it's just outside of dungeons, what would be the point?

0 0
Score : 5317

vulkania pleaseangrycopy it!

0 0
Score : 1728
Crimson-Cowboy|2015-12-07 21:44:03
if it's just outside of dungeons, what would be the point?
Without a proper mechanic, its basically just challenge exp bait and for the ones who can't prepare a group for dungeons (or have some power leveling buddies), so they end up scraping exp to reach the next dungeon that is more populated. Reason why they could use a new mechanic to allow people to effectively grind outside dungeons too.
0 0
Score : 508

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go play mariokart and complain that it isn't a platformer.

1 -1
Score : -3046

achievement system could be nice tho.

0 0
Score : 1324

achievements work on steam (though some are pretty unreasonable like becoming governor)

0 0
Score : -3046
Crimson-Cowboy|2015-12-08 23:23:23
achievements work on steam (though some are pretty unreasonable like becoming governor)
They aren't rewarding though. And no unique boss achievements either...

Not saying they necessarily should be though.
0 0
Score : 1404

You know what Dofus has that Wakfu could really use?

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

people playing it.

1 0
Score : 745
Reksinor|2015-12-10 06:54:49
You know what Dofus has that Wakfu could really use?

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

people playing it.
That will never happen...

If only Wakfu can be played on PC/Laptop with low specs the way we can play Dofus on cheap outdated units.

In my personal experience, I can play 8 Dofus client on my low specs laptop but can barely play Wakfu on 1 account for more than 15 minutes without crashing.

Wakfu focuses on aesthetics, making the game look beautiful, but in the process they needed higher graphics/video requirements and processing power.
0 0
Respond to this thread