FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The meridian effect quest?

By CloudyMind - MEMBER - November 20, 2015, 18:35:19

I have 180 tokens, i want a wolf mount. Where is that "meridian effect" quest at? Why do i even have to do that? 180 days is not enough?

0 0
Reactions 27
Score : 6191

No, you have to pick up the meridia insignia first (360 token)

So the Wolf mount requires 540 tokens in total
360 for the meridia insignia (meridian effect quest)
180 for the mount

0 0
Score : 3009

Wow... that's dumb. So i have to buy a useless item just to buy some cosmetic items... What a cheap copout. Bad.

This doesn't even make sense.

No way i'm earning that many tokens for those garbage items. What is ankama even thinking?

1 -1
Score : 2178

wow so it's like 1/2 year for the mount lol

0 0
Score : 6191

Be careful, not the meridia costume (180 tokens) but the meridia insignia (360 tokens)
I'm talking about the relic

You need 1 year and half for the mount

0 0

The insignia is garbage. I don't know why ankama has even considered these restrictions. Gimmicky daily quests like almanax are meant to keep you playing regularly, but this is done badly. Fuck almanax. I wasted 180 days logging just to do that.

2 0
Score : 1695
Matt5150|2015-11-20 19:04:14
Be careful, not the meridia costume (180 tokens) but the meridia insignia (360 tokens)
I'm talking about the relic

You need 1 year and half for the mount
Another glorious example of bad 'veteran sort of goods.', They should really just change it to having of been logged in for 360 days for the 'effect itself' (each count is when your logged in on a specific day), because that feels a bit more reasonable considering alot of alamanx's reasons of existing now are non-existent compared to the many other things that are obtainable these days.
0 0
Score : 8723
CloudyMind|2015-11-20 19:12:48
The insignia is garbage. I don't know why ankama has even considered these restrictions. Gimmicky daily quests like almanax are meant to keep you playing regularly, but this is done badly. Fuck almanax. I wasted 180 days logging just to do that.
No, it gets even BETTER. Alma quests were originally small time wasting fetch quests, many were impossible to complete or bugged, the system had so many problems that the quests were removed and you simply have to pray now. (Over the course of one year I collected almost 70 compensation almanokens for broken features)

The Ferox mount was originally supposed to be the first mount included in the game, a relic, and when they replaced it with Merridia due to technical constraints the devs said you could TRADE your Merridia in for Ferox later (This was explicitly promised on the forums).

I collected 30 characters with full Merridia tokens and had been saving them specifically for this purpose, instead of selling them to make 25 million Kamas which would have been a small fortune at the time, especially for a relatively poor player like myself.

Slightly prior to Ferox release it was suddenly, not a relic, an ugly boowolf in an ugly Merridia mount insignia, and required an extra 180 tokens (You can NOT trade in existing Merridias, you have to actually get the achievement for cashing in tokens for a Merridia, THEN save an additional 180 tokens), without any offer to be able to trade Merridia in for anything.

My advice to you is raise a company to lvl 8 and get the boowolf mount. It's the same thing and 1/1000th as ugly.

This is one of the companies misteps in transparency with players, and one of several incidents that has left me feeling very cheated by the companies direction of the game.

- Madd
3 0
Score : 2227
CloudyMind|2015-11-20 18:59:37
Wow... that's dumb. So i have to buy a useless item just to buy some cosmetic items... What a cheap copout. Bad. Quote

I'm weary of things that are hard being labeled as "unfair" or "dumb" just because they are hard to get. It doesn't feel dumb to me. It just sounds like the speaker is lazy.

If everything was easy to get, what is the fun in that?

I have five of those mounts. It took a long time to earn the tokens for them and I earned them having no idea whether they'd ever be worth anything.
2 0
deadcafe|2015-11-20 21:18:02
CloudyMind|2015-11-20 18:59:37
Wow... that's dumb. So i have to buy a useless item just to buy some cosmetic items... What a cheap copout. Bad. Quote

I'm weary of things that are hard being labeled as "unfair" or "dumb" just because they are hard to get. It doesn't feel dumb to me. It just sounds like the speaker is lazy.

If everything was easy to get, what is the fun in that?

I have five of those mounts. It took a long time to earn the tokens for them and I earned them having no idea whether they'd ever be worth anything.
A more accurate account would be that you blindly invested in something and were fortunate enough to have it reward you with something you were interested in.

Nothing about the way Almanokens has been handled should be acceptable within the company. Nothing. It represents flat out lies to the community, and a complete lack of transparency about the developers future plans, and how players can work towards them now.
1 -1

At first, I was gathering tokens for the insignia... dreaming of donning it one day and looking fabulously imba. Then, when solomonk enters the game, I realize that the insignia is actually kind of terrible and buy myself a solo instead. Then, much later, for some unknown reason even to myself, I take a look at the almanax rewards and see that flashy, Christmas tree-like wolf thing and immediately fall in love with it. I figured that LOGICALLY, I'll simply need to complete a few quests at most in order to get that "the meridian effect" thing done. Fast forward three weeks; it is revealed to me that Ankama is actually fucking nuts and out for blood! Almanax... you've fooled me once... you've fooled me twice... you're not fooling me again! *shuts the door and hides under the carpet* ORGREST CHAOS!!

2 0
CloudyMind|2015-11-21 22:53:30
At first, I was gathering tokens for the insignia... dreaming of donning it one day and looking fabulously imba. Then, when solomonk enters the game, I realize that the insignia is actually kind of terrible and buy myself a solo instead. Then, much later, for some unknown reason even to myself, I take a look at the almanax rewards and see that flashy, Christmas tree-like wolf thing and immediately fall in love with it. I figured that LOGICALLY, I'll simply need to complete a few quests at most in order to get that "the meridian effect" thing done. Fast forward three weeks; it is revealed to me that Ankama is actually fucking nuts and out for blood! Almanax... you've fooled me once... you've fooled me twice... you're not fooling me again! *shuts the door and hides under the carpet* ORGREST CHAOS!!
As a long time player myself i will repeat it again, Merida insignia would of been a useful item if the necessity of AP did not heavily outweigh it and plenty of relics and epics were already in place which nullify the use of obtaining merida, just to obtain the mount.

When it comes to wakfu sort of looks, its alot more critical to make it look good in its style then just something overly fabulous looking. Really i would say they might as well modify insignia outfits to give a permanent linked costume to the ones who 'obtained it' via the form of achievements on that end, plus recreate certain items to have actual use.

Relics and Epics for about 95% of the roster pretty much fill in roles of AP or when in slots of equips with specifical AP/MP/RNG norms or do not carry it at all, they tend to have significantly huge stat boosts (Such as Nettlez cape).

So to this i say again, what they might as well do is downgrade the requirements for merida insignia and merida mount into something that does not involve the one year requirement and put in the half year and 1 year rewards as something that actually stands like a very awesome costume, maybe in the form of a roster of 'super class costume equips' where they would be tradable but can only be equipped to specific classes, but would act as a statement that you are not just simply a disciple of *insert god here* but your going to strut it too while stuff just splodes to death around you.

At the very least i think that would make a amazing 6 month costume and could generate a market in itself that way and/or a trading method of madness to boot.

As for a 1 year reward its going to need to be something that really stands out, maybe something in lines to the ring you obtain after mastering all the required professions and it grants a 50% yield? Maybe something in the lines of a ring that cuts gathering and crafting time to half its time length? Who knows how wakfu is going to make a new reward worthy of a 1 year good then just something that is extremely miniscle. I remember back in FFXI where they had plenty of rewards for some hard dedication which really could push oneself a lot faster in working on other fields (Experience rings for one thing or special anniversary exp rings that instead of having a duration of only say a hour and would expire after 3k or so bonus exp has been earned. The anniversary ring could last as long as 12 hours and last much longer in terms of experience gain).

So to this i say, if they keep the almanax rewards, then make them truly rewarding for the users that been around for such a long time. Instead of leaving items that amount to trash quality especially with the time it takes to even scrape the necessary items to obtain them, that they become obsolete by the time you can obtain them.
0 0
Score : 57

So how about keeping the token value the same for meridian insignia (1 year), lower the rarity to legendary, and add an AP to the existing stats or even include an MP version so there is the choice between an AP or MP insignia.

Now you have an exotic AP(MP) item (which are already few and far between) to boost toward that 14/8 cap, doesn't eat an epic or relic slot, and is once again very desirable.

0 0
Score : -3019
Doodlebag|2015-11-22 00:17:56
So how about keeping the token value the same for meridian insignia (1 year), lower the rarity to legendary, and add an AP to the existing stats or even include an MP version so there is the choice between an AP or MP insignia.

Now you have an exotic AP(MP) item (which are already few and far between) to boost toward that 14/8 cap, doesn't eat an epic or relic slot, and is once again very desirable.
Sounds like a nice suggestion for a new lvl 200 insignia ohmy perhaps it could simply be a new veteran reward of sorts...
Aaaaand make it inexchangable.
0 0
Score : 435
Madd1|2015-11-20 19:41:10

I collected 30 characters with full Merridia tokens and had been saving them specifically for this purpose, instead of selling them to make 25 million Kamas which would have been a small fortune at the time, especially for a relatively poor player like myself.

As you see this is the reason why insignia is so crappy. And why devs didn't implement exchange insignia directly to mount.
If you want to get money from almanax, buy arachnee pet, each of them almost twice more expensive.
0 0
Score : 18093

Honestly, the original insignia was created when they pushed back the mount release. We were given something that didn't really exist much in the game up until that point, and that was relics. Meridia, when it was released, was pretty awesome. it's been nerfed since then.

The addition of the 180 token ferox is so that we don't have to exchange our meridias to get it. Originally, we were supposed to swap the meridia insignia for the ferox mount, that was the original intent. But it has been changed so we can keep them both now.

This isn't so nice to the players just starting out that want the stuff, BUT... this setup is really for the veteran players who were there when the almanax tokens were created. We didn't just used to pray every day, we had to hunt down mobs, or hunt items, and drop them off at the temple in order to get a token. We worked pretty hard to get our meridia insignia.

Some of us got two titles originally, the meridian star title for finishing the quest (meridia effect), and then the almaniac title, for finishing it before september 18th 2013, when the 1 year of tokens would be ending, roughly. But when we were originally fighting for those tokens, it was because we thought we were getting the ferox.

So... I know it might seem 'stupid' to some people now, but for those of us that HAVE done all these things, it's kind of like ... a finalization to something that was promised for 2 years...

But yeah, be careful to do the actual 360 token quest, because it's not possessing the insignia/costume that allows you to get the ferox, it's having completed the QUEST that requires it. Pay attention to that, or you'll be wasting your kamas/time/efforts/whatever.

1 0

It is absolutely stupid. What was originally supposed to be a Relic Mount and we were supposed to be able to trade in 360 Relic Meridia for got turned into a normal mount that required +6months to get.

#1, They lied and changed what we got without any prior notice.

#2, Even if you got Almaniac, unless you were OBSESSED you'd stop collecting tokens. Collecting a years worth of tokens on 30 characters was a nightmare, I COULD have continued to get another half a years tokens and sold off all my Meridia for a small fortune, if I was informed, but there was zero transparency from the company and it leaves a VERY bad taste in my mouth.

This is an impossible point to defend for Ankama, they goofed and it left a lot of people feeling rightfully cheated.

3 -2
Madd1|2015-11-23 09:18:48
It is absolutely stupid. What was originally supposed to be a Relic Mount and we were supposed to be able to trade in 360 Relic Meridia for got turned into a normal mount that required +6months to get.

#1, They lied and changed what we got without any prior notice.

#2, Even if you got Almaniac, unless you were OBSESSED you'd stop collecting tokens. Collecting a years worth of tokens on 30 characters was a nightmare, I COULD have continued to get another half a years tokens and sold off all my Meridia for a small fortune, if I was informed, but there was zero transparency from the company and it leaves a VERY bad taste in my mouth.

This is an impossible point to defend for Ankama, they goofed and it left a lot of people feeling rightfully cheated.
Damn'straight why they need to just simply re'write two variants of the ferox mount and might as well just change it to a General damage mount instead.

First version: If player has the Meridia achievement complete, it costs nothing but the mount itself is account bound. If they really want to get nutty they could simply have the npc right next to the machine have a mini'quest of sorts that gives you a special 'TOKEN' by having obtain the meridia emblem title. With another version of the Ferox that simply costs 180 tokens.

Makes alot more sense especially considering as, Madd1 just stated, so much transparency in terms of any proof of them ever reviving the Ferox, no hints or pokes early on to make sure you get the insignia achievement beforehand, nothing to prepare a player for getting a Ferox, which is effectively just a glorified boowolf mount which are much easier to obtain and look better currently then the crystal meth boowolf that Ferox technically is.

P.S. To further add to my point, Since i was a beta player, all my wakfu characters including newly created ones automatically get a gift in the form of the Survivor title and Survivor Costume (the latter originally was a 4 piece equip set before they changed some things around). Though i may not use them often, i still find great joy in using them because they act as a major sign that i survived the beginning of the game. Really the Ferox mount needs to have a statement more along those lines then just a over'priced boowolf, since only the nutty would hunt down 540 tokens just to get a Ferox for the appearance, especially when the mount is forced to a specific secondary damage and is not as 'universal' compared to how Otomai BP and Meridia insignia were in comparison for stats, even if the latter two items would be trash tier in the higher levels (at the very least they make good intermediate equips up to the high levels i guess you could say).

Plus, trust me, i was strong on the belief they originally were allowing you to trade the insignia to get the mount, ain't no reason why they could allow that feature and include the meridia achievement title requirement to prevent people just buying insignas to get their own fero'xes.
0 0
Score : 124

And if you buy the insignia will the Meridia Effect be gone or you really need to go there and "pray" for a whole year?

0 0
Score : 1716

Oh yeah so unfair and bullshit, a free item (because is literally free, you just practically need to log in the game) that was made for veteran players YEARS ago.

If you don't have the necesary tokens at this game is your fault.

If you are new: is a veteran reward.

t0dos|2016-03-19 12:34:46
And if you buy the insignia will the Meridia Effect be gone or you really need to go there and "pray" for a whole year?

The effect of the pray last 2 hours ingame (If you log out the timer stops), so if you play less than 2 hours you have permament bonus.

Going there is literally the most trivial stuff of the world, you just need to click in the free book that you can get in the token machine.
1 -1