FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Transferring characters between accounts?

By BloodBrother - MEMBER - September 24, 2015, 18:19:40
Reactions 52
Score : 266

i agree if you want all your vets using the hero system, than this feature is not only a must but could become very profitable for ankama

0 0
Score : 6592

I don't understand the argument about character safety when it comes to providing a transfer service ^o.o^

Ankama could just require that the account the character is transferring from require an authenticator associated with that account before the service can be used ^o.o^

0 0

yeaaa I think theres a lot of security measures that could be taken to make things less problematic although i'd see no problems anyways,only fools get their accounts compromised either by falling for fake sites or breaking the ToS (Terms of Service) of their own accord and sharing accounts. Its not ankama's responsibility to baby sit everyones account, adding this feature doesnt change the fact that whoever gets their accounts compromised is any less of a fool than he already was.. in my opinion.. lol

P.S we could even do a poll to see if it'd be something the community wanted i bet theres a lot of people dying to put characters on 1 account now thanks to the hero system, ontop of all the people who played wakfu asia when it was big and now dead, i know i wish i could get my high levels off that barren wasteland of a server lol

0 0
Score : 2332
Moonagiv33|2015-10-01 09:52:36
yeaaa I think theres a lot of security measures that could be taken to make things less problematic although i'd see no problems anyways,only fools get their accounts compromised either by falling for fake sites or breaking the ToS (Terms of Service) of their own accord and sharing accounts. Its not ankama's responsibility to baby sit everyones account, adding this feature doesnt change the fact that whoever gets their accounts compromised is any less of a fool than he already was.. in my opinion.. lol

P.S we could even do a poll to see if it'd be something the community wanted i bet theres a lot of people dying to put characters on 1 account now thanks to the hero system, ontop of all the people who played wakfu asia when it was big and now dead, i know i wish i could get my high levels off that barren wasteland of a server lol
People keep talking security and not the technical limitations, they just cant without devoting a lot of time/money into it.

If they could do away with the steam players constant issues they would.

In the long run I'm sure it would cost more to implement a character transfer function than to just ignore the players and let it stay how it is.
0 0
Score : 734

Another alternative to character transfer would be account linking and logging your character from another account into the hero slot.

This way you do not have to permanently transfer your hero into the hero company account. It would be like your company importing another heor into your group without them being a member of your company (mercenary system).

Multiple Account Mercenary Hero System
1. Log in to your main account.

2. Click on a hero slot.
The Hero interface pops up and you have a choice of using A). characters from that account or B ). characters from another account.
A ). If you choose to use characters on same account, you will proceed to select your hero from your other characters on that account.
B ). If you choose to use characters on another account, you will be prompted to log-in your other account in the hero slot log-in interface, after which, you can then select any characters from that account as your mercenary.

This way, even multi-boxer can use the hero system.
This will even work if you currently have 6 accounts that is subscribed.
If you Hero sub your main boosted account, additional characters from f2p accounts can be played as if it is boosted. This would be cheaper but you won't have the advantage of multi-accounting (like being able to use multiple characters to stand on tiles).

You do not have to buy hero subscription in using this system if you will be using characters from a currently boosted account.
Example: Log in your main boosted account. Log your other boosted account as 2nd hero. You will be able to use the hero system on a single client as long as all accounts are boosted.

Note: You cannot log a non-boosted account as your 2nd/3rd hero.

0 0

that would be a very interesting alternative, and yes i didnt look into the details of adding the service what it would cost vs what they would make in profit i just assume if its worth it they should do it i would just like a way to get a piece of this hero system ya know lol and again get my characters out of that god forsaken phaeris server lol

0 0
Score : 1202

I definitely love the idea of account transfer, but I understand why it could be tough to pull off.

Logging a second account and using its characters as heroes, as Gunner suggested, is less likely: they already charge 5k ogrines or something in order to buy a new character slot; allowing you to use other accounts as infinite free character slots would totally defeat that purpose.

0 0
ByAllMeans|2015-10-01 13:50:21
I definitely love the idea of account transfer, but I understand why it could be tough to pull off.

Logging a second account and using its characters as heroes, as Gunner suggested, is less likely: they already charge 5k ogrines or something in order to buy a new character slot; allowing you to use other accounts as infinite free character slots would totally defeat that purpose.
Mercenaries do not add to the company's growth, so character slots is still very important.
0 0
Score : 1202

But is company growth really important? The items you can earn are all cosmetic. For 90% of players, I'm gonna guess that's a no.

0 0

What else would be the purpose of that 5k character slots aside from using them to grow your company system?

And I have a feeling that future system would use extra character slots. Like a proposition system.

0 0
Score : 6244

It's not a good idea.
Kama seller and black market will be so happy with char trasfering.

You could powerlevel a char with x3 exp and then sell it.
Just saying

0 0
Matt5150|2015-10-01 16:40:17
It's not a good idea.

Just saying
This...
And account theft would be further aggravated by thief stealing their victim's characters.

Even if character transfers would have restrictions, this will bring a lot more work for Ankama's workforce/support with players wanting to transfer their characters even though they are not qualified to do so (Those who did not use their real names, those who got married, those who stole another account). It would take forever for Ankama to sort everything out, so the best thing they would do is to not have a character transfer at all.

And what happens to the booster of 6 boxers? If I have 6 account with 90 days boosters, I transfer 4 of my character to my 2 hero account, and the 4 booster accounts would be a waste. My mercenary suggestion would allow 6 boxer (with booster) to enjoy using only 2 herox3 accounts without buying hero subscriptions.
0 0
Score : 2332
Gunnerwolfang|2015-10-01 12:55:05

You do not have to buy hero subscription in using this system if you will be using characters from a currently boosted account.
Example: Log in your main boosted account. Log your other boosted account as 2nd hero. You will be able to use the hero system on a single client as long as all accounts are boosted.

Your cute there. You know none of what you said is going to happen right?

Your talking about a system 3x as complex as the hero system which took over a year to develop.

- AND you want it for free -

Why would a company every be inspired to make such a system? its a backwards idea, and maybe just plain stupid.
0 0
Rrae|2015-10-01 19:43:25
Gunnerwolfang|2015-10-01 12:55:05

Your cute there. You know none of what you said is going to happen right?

Your talking about a system 3x as complex as the hero system which took over a year to develop.

- AND you want it for free -

Why would a company every be inspired to make such a system? its a backwards idea, and maybe just plain stupid.
Who said it is for free? Didn't you read what I wrote?
Mercenary System can only be used by boosted account.
This is for those who paid more than those who paid for hero system (3boxers and 6boxers).

A hero system user will pay 13,000 ogr to use 6 characters on 2 client.
Vs
A mercenary system user will pay 18,000 ogr to booster 6 accounts and then play them on 2 accounts using the mercenary system.

It is not for free, it is just an option to allow multiboxer to use 3 accounts in 1 client.
0 0
Matt5150|2015-10-01 16:40:17
It's not a good idea.

Just saying

i dont get why people see kama sellers and boosters as a bad thing if someone wants to pay 100 bucks for a lvl 80 and bypass 80 levels worth of game content thats on them its a dumb idea because wakfu/dofus revolve around continual progression throughout the game but if its someone decision to buy an account why be mad about it? buyer got what he wanted and the seller made some money doing what he loves (playing wakfu) so for selling accounts i dont see a problem

as for account thefts like i said ankama should just come straight out and say "if you're stupid enough to get your account compromised its not our responsibility to get your characters back to you, think smart or dont break the terms of service"
0 0
Score : 3556

First off selling accounts and or items from the game for cash is against the TOS. Secondly its ethically a bad thing to do, which is also bad for the game long term. You may not agree with the second sentence as it is an opinion but personally once selling of game items for case start to occur the faster a game goes downhill. It affects balance as well depending on how many people choose to cheat and use this route. A game is about progression, so to me its pointless and counter-productive to do so, but lets be honest some people dont care and will simply want to fast track thier progress even if they arent supposed to, even though it could get their accounts banned

And yes it occurs in every game, this does not mean its actually allowed by the game devs, nor does it make it right or a good idea. The more the TOS is violated for major offenses, and selling in game items for cash is a major offense, and the less a game company cares, the faster a games demise, typically at least. Transfering characters to other accounts would be a minefield for those that like to sell in game stuff for irl cash. As it stands we can add extra char slots and get extra xp on alts so leveling what you want on a different account will simply take time but as long as alt xp is in play it really wont take a ton of extra time. Or can simply still log more than one account and not use heroes.

But if they were to allow it all accounts involved should have a secondary password, e-mails for all accounts would need to match as well as the name that owns the accounts. Plus you would need to buy a cash shop item to do a char transfer. There would need to be safeguards such as this is place, and if all of that doesnt match you cant transfer a character, even with all this though i consider characters transfers very high risk

0 0
Score : 6592

People are against account transfers because of character/account sellers? ^o.o^

You're basically pretending that sellers aren't already investing in triple-boxing on 2 accounts with the Heroes system to sell them later... X3

Long story short, the very existence of the Heroes system has already improved the capability of account-selling thanks to x1-x3 exp for any other character on the account.

Account transfers should be implemented, especially if Ankama wants to encourage Multiboxers to pay into the service. In fact, I'm 99.99% sure that Ankama will implement account transfers to make money off of Multiboxers. They just haven't done it yet since they had to put so much time into the Heroes system and Moon Island. Within a year (or less, depending on how greedy Tot is) they will make an account transfer service available ^o.o^

0 0
Score : 3556

Yes it already exists, yes Heroes will make the issue worse, and yes character transfers would make the issue multiply even more. Just because you have an issue, such as gold sellers, account sellers, in game item sellers etc doesnt mean its not a problem, and you still shouldnt allow it or do things that will make it worse yet. Your simply making the quicksand hole become larger at that point

And they may implement it or they may not, either way there needs to be things such as an secondary password, account name and email all matching or something along those lines , theres security issuses with a service such as this, more than most anyway

0 0
Score : 3

Agree with tranferring system.Support multibox 6screen like me.
I will not hesitate to pay.
ฺฺ

0 0
MegaNyan|2015-10-02 06:47:56
Agree with tranferring system.Support multibox 6screen like me.
I will not hesitate to pay.
ฺฺ
same
0 0
Respond to this thread