FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Transferring characters between accounts?

By BloodBrother - MEMBER - September 24, 2015, 18:19:40

So yeah guys, update is coming soon and with it the long awaited heroes system. Which is pretty nice, in my opinion.

BUT

My main issues with this new system is that it doesn't offer any character transfers between accounts. So basically, if you have 3 characters on 3 different accounts, like myself for example, you won't be able to use it. And btw, most of the people have their alts on 2 or 3 or even more accounts, I know all of my friends do, so I think most of the people won't even use it. And we don't really want to lvl up MORE characters, just because of the sake of the heroes system. We like our characters on our other accounts. And I don't think we should really. So my question here is, why was there no transfer characters between accounts available with this new patch? It's kind of a big deal if you ask me.

P.S. if there is a similar thread that already exists, I apologize in advance, I didn't see it ^^

Peace out guys

0 -1
First Ankama intervention

Hello,

We currently do not offer this service. You suggestion has been noted and will be discussed with the team.

See message in context
Reactions 52
Score : 616

I guess they don't have this option available due to people who will 100% abuse it and will somehow manage to steal characters from others, if there was to be a system like this Ankama would have to make sure that this wouldn't happen with high security and stuff.

0 0
Score : 1556

Yeah in my opinion I don't see Ankama taking any action towards moving characters between accounts. It would be pretty cool if they did but also think of the potential issues that could arise with it (one mentioned already) and even if that might be the only problem, I'm not sure if Ankama is ready to take on that small project when I'm sure they'll be bug fixing things this coming update.

0 0
Score : 880

Transfers between accounts pretty much never happens in MMO's for a reason (too problematic), usually the only transfers that happen are Server transfer within the same account.

Heroes system will make leveling a group of new character like 10 times easier anyways from the exp buffs from being subbed, throw on as much wisdom as you can and finally being able to manage everything from 1 account. (or 2 for the multiboxers)

Multiboxer's don't deserve any special treatment since it wasn't advertised as a feature for Wakfu it was just something you could do if you had a PC capable of it and the time.
Ankama has zero obligation to act on it for good reason.

0 0
Score : 1028

Be that as it may, but the fact is most of the people do multibox. It was a thing in dofus, and it's a thing in wakfu also.
Especially the "older players" that have been here ever since the game was developed and when there was on indications that heroes system will come. And yes, leveling is easier when you level characters on the same account, but that doesn't mean it's easy to get to 175 lvl. Well maybe if you are HC player, but not for casual players. And lvling up AGAIN the same class you have on different account. That would be rather tiresome, boring and annoying. And it's definitely not easy AT ALL to get all the achievements and quests again on your new characters. Almanax and other dungeons tokens also. So I really think this should be implemented, for the reason stated in this post.

1 0
Score : 276

Yea that seems so abusable, like stealing peoples characters, also buying/selling characters.

1 0
BloodBrother|2015-09-24 22:22:38
Be that as it may, but the fact is most of the people do multibox. It was a thing in dofus, and it's a thing in wakfu also.
Especially the "older players" that have been here ever since the game was developed and when there was on indications that heroes system will come. And yes, leveling is easier when you level characters on the same account, but that doesn't mean it's easy to get to 175 lvl. Well maybe if you are HC player, but not for casual players. And lvling up AGAIN the same class you have on different account. That would be rather tiresome, boring and annoying. And it's definitely not easy AT ALL to get all the achievements and quests again on your new characters. Almanax and other dungeons tokens also. So I really think this should be implemented, for the reason stated in this post.

Your "fact" isn't actually a fact, i'm pretty sure multiboxers are a smaller population in comparison to those that don't. (wakfu isn't dofus, now that's a fact)

Casual people don't multibox.
once you start multiboxing you're kind of throwing the casual type behavior out the window.

whats lost is lost, just got to live with it.
either you continue with the standard bloated method or spend a bit of time to upgrade to the new and improved (and possibly cheaper) method.
0 -1
Score : 276
BloodBrother|2015-09-24 22:22:38
Especially the "older players" that have been here ever since the game was developed and when there was on indications that heroes system will come. And yes, leveling is easier when you level characters on the same account, but that doesn't mean it's easy to get to 175 lvl. Well maybe if you are HC player, but not for casual players.
Yea I don't believe most people multi-box in Wakfu... it's very difficult to multi-box in Wakfu.. while in Dofus.. its the easiest thing in the world and there are even settings to make multi-boxing easier.

I think it looks more like this from my experience

60% single/multimen
30% double/tri
10% quad/quint/sixtup
0 0
Score : 3200

I imagine it would be horrible to actually code into the game and would require lots of involvement on Ankama's end (let's face it, they're not exactly a vocal bunch). I personally don't see it happening and if it does happen it will take a few years, but fingers crossed.

0 0
Score : 3512

I disagree as to the amount of multiboxers there are a lot of 2 and 3 boxers...anything more than that is uncommon though. But that part aside , were guessing in the end as to the actual amount as it is, i see char transfers as being easily abuseable. There are cash shop options to both add char slots and to switch a already made char's class. To get the exact combination you want easier. Yes it costs ogrines but options are options. There is always the longer way of lvling a char from scratch as well

0 0
Score : 1201
DragonoxForce|2015-09-24 19:39:15
Transfers between accounts pretty much never happens in MMO's for a reason (too problematic), usually the only transfers that happen are Server transfer within the same account.
In WoW you can transfer characters between accounts, although the two accounts must be under the same last name, this was actually circumventable most of the time by calling their support and telling them you got married so the last name is different
0 0
Score : 1028

I won't get in statistics because I don't know the exact number of player who do multibox, but I do know for a fact that most people do have at least 2-3 accounts. Most of my friends have them, and most of my guildies too. So I don't really think we are a minority here. And I am sure Ankama is aware of that.

And yes, D3trix already said it, but you can do it in wow without any problems whatsoever. You just need to have your battlenet accounts under your last name (for security measures) and voila, that's it. In wakfu you can even change your class, so I don't really see a reason why an account transfer would be anymore complicated than that.

There is a lot of time and effort put into leveling our characters and our professions and getting most of the achievements, quests, emotes, etc and all those tokens and almokens. And now you are saying we should just level up same classes on one account again if we wanna use the hero system? And do all of those things AGAIN? Get 350 almokens again? No, I am not gonna do that again, because I am not insane. Nor should anyone else. Because the character transfer option should be available with incoming heroes system, and would easily solve all of that.

0 0
BloodBrother|2015-09-25 16:38:01
I won't get in statistics because I don't know the exact number of player who do multibox, but I do know for a fact that most people do have at least 2-3 accounts. Most of my friends have them, and most of my guildies too. So I don't really think we are a minority here. And I am sure Ankama is aware of that.

And yes, D3trix already said it, but you can do it in wow without any problems whatsoever. You just need to have your battlenet accounts under your last name (for security measures) and voila, that's it. In wakfu you can even change your class, so I don't really see a reason why an account transfer would be anymore complicated than that.

There is a lot of time and effort put into leveling our characters and our professions and getting most of the achievements, quests, emotes, etc and all those tokens and almokens. And now you are saying we should just level up same classes on one account again if we wanna use the hero system? And do all of those things AGAIN? Get 350 almokens again? No, I am not gonna do that again, because I am not insane. Nor should anyone else. Because the character transfer option should be available with incoming heroes system, and would easily solve all of that.

Blizzard has more money and staff and hires outside firms to handle support. (much bigger company)
That option was also not always available and took time to implement.
Also using WoW as an example doesn't quite work since it's a different style of game and doesn't really support Multi-client use. (it's also something the devs don't really support doing)
so the feature works differently for the user and has little to do with multi-boxing.

Class changes are normal in games that have that feature, some games even allow you to change class freely. it's also ALOT more simpler to implement and has a lot less problems and issues possible. (Wakfu just throwa you back to the Char select screen and Respec room with some looked in info, pretty simple)

comparing the 2 is like comparing a Tofu to a Gobball.

if they decided do it which is unlikely, Ankama should make it as bare bones as possible and expensive to avoid issue.
only your character levels gets transferred, and maybe your achievement/quest log.
linked gear, bag contents, guild data etc... all that crap gets lost to the void as a negative for the merge.
can only be done once every 3-6 months to avoid abuse.
will cost a large sum of Ogrines to do each time, 25k+
like WoW, accounts need to be linked with similar personal info (if changes were made to make an account similar they are void for transferring to prevent character trading)
only allowed to subscribers
0 0
Score : 7284

hope it doesnt happen, sorry, wouldnt be fair and is risky

0 0
Score : 36880

To the people saying it will never happen and its impossible for ankama to do it do you realize it already did happen? Twice?

Both dathura and phaeris migrations moved characters from one account to another and they continue to do it if you message support

They have the ability to do it that isnt even up for discussion lmao

Plus dofus had server transfers i think its very likely for wakfus future especially if heroes gets popular as i think it will

1 0
Score : 3391
MiniMikeh|2015-09-25 19:04:02
Both dathura and phaeris migrations moved characters from one account to another and they continue to do it if you message support

Except they wont let you transfer Steam characters to a normal Ankama Account and you have to suffer with the steam client forever.

Their solution is "We can delete all your characters and progress in steam and let you link a new or old ankama account, nice deal?"
0 0
Score : 1369

People always say "stuff isn't going to happen". Perfect example is the class change service. People called me crazy and laughed at me for suggesting such a feature back in 2008 ish on Dofus, and now it's available on both games ! And guess what ? Those same people suddenly say it was their idea all along. . .

Anyways there's ALOT to consider when changing characters around. One big aspect would be the new "loyalty" or whatever it's called system that gives you stuff based on the total amount of levels you got on your account. If people just send over their max chars to one account it wouldn't be fair at all.

If you want to use heroes you gotta work for it and put some effort into it IMO, not simply change characters over to get the extra goodies or because you're using a potatoe that can't run 2 accounts at the same time.

0 0
Score : 2332
Aigees|2015-09-25 19:22:01

Except they wont let you transfer Steam characters to a normal Ankama Account and you have to suffer with the steam client forever.

Their solution is "We can delete all your characters and progress in steam and let you link a new or old ankama account, nice deal?"
Its pretty much this, they have the ability to transfer a full listing of characters from one server to another because its moving a single database.

I personally don't believe they have the means/time to create these means to implement something that allows database side editing of characters. This would be why the bans happened on one character and to check/remove items from the market board the account was logged in on a gm sign in. This shows they don't have the ability to edit characters on a server side level.

Plus dofus had server transfers i think its very likely for wakfus future especially if heroes gets popular as i think it will
Your comparing apples and oranges, saying they can move servers - and saying they can transfer characters inside of a database - are two very separate things and require separate tools.
0 0
Score : 1195

Can we have any official response on possibility of this feature?

0 0

Hello,

We currently do not offer this service. You suggestion has been noted and will be discussed with the team.

Respond to this thread